13-Aug-2013 - The Death of Chivalry

Hedgehog

Actually I just checked out how the Warpriest gear works, and it's not strictly "hybrid" in the same way that the Tokkul-Zo is hybrid. It only provides neutral defenses against each combat style, as opposed to strong defenses against each (which is what the Tokkul-Zo does), so actually it isn't that good compared to Ports/Nex gear/GWD/Barrows gear.

Cool, so now we have 'Power', 'Tank', 'All', 'Hybrid' and 'The other hybrid' armor. My brain hurts.

• Like 5

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I was under the impression that warpriest works like hybrid is supposed to.

It's behaving more like All class instead of Hybrid. For all we know, maybe it's just the Tokkul-Zo that isn't working properly :P

yzan.png

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It's behaving more like All class instead of Hybrid. For all we know, maybe it's just the Tokkul-Zo that isn't working properly :P

I'd actually feel safe in putting money on that. :razz:

You'd think they would have standardized it by now. This is another inconsistency from the beta, isn't it?

We've reduced its middle tier to level 50 for all players, and once the event has ended, this will become the maximum level the armour can reach on free-to-play worlds.

Are you kidding me? I just wasted 4 weeks for nothing. You can't just change it in the middle of an event. Now it's useless.

Should have been changed the first week, or not at all.

25 tiers better than every other f2p armor set is a little OP though. Definitely worth changing.

It's a hybdrid armour, so the -15 tier penalty is in effect.

So?

So now it's useless, instead of being a tier 60, which is not a big jump at all.

I don't get how the best f2p armor is useless

*NINJA'D*

It's not the best f2p armour anymore as when it reverts back to lvl 50 gear, the defense values of the armour is the equivalent of a lvl 35 armour which is rubbish hence why it becomes useless armour..

Level 35 tier defense values on Hybrid style armor is still more valuable than Level 40 tier defense values on normal armor, thanks to the way the combat triangle factors into defense. (The exact same effect is why Tier 75 members version of the armor is frequently debated to be the best armor in the entire game)

This combined with the set effect makes it really, really quite worth it--even for F2P. The thing is that now it won't be ridiculously overpowered to the point of being ridiculous in F2P.

But f2p has Level 50 tier armour, 40 is not the highest, so 35 is useless.

You also have to factor in that the most powerful monster that is killed regurally is like, ankous or something.

At which point having a T50 armor def is better than T35 regardless.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

New camera distance to QBD (camera movement feels weird at such a far distance):

bFYSlOx.jpg

NOTE: For those who return to her or go to vorago with an increased distance (not sure if vorago has his camera distance panned out further than normal) that the distance scales to your previous distance. So if you pan in before, during or after a fight it wont save your previous pan distance. Everything will scale no matter whether you are heading into a zone or out of a zone.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I was under the impression that warpriest works like hybrid is supposed to.

yzan.png

EDIT: I see what you mean now. Looks like Tokkul-Ko is bugged. I tested a few other All class items (Legends Cape, Barrows Gloves), Hybrid class (warpriest), they do not exhibit this behavior.

The math:

http://services.rune...647,1,326608051

BASE = Level ^ 3 / 1250 + 4 * Level + 40

NPC Accuracy = 2.7 * BASE

hitchance = ( accuracy * Penalty ) / ( Armor * Multiplier)

Multiplier = (Strongarmor * 2.25 + neutralarmor * 1.65 + weakarmor * 1.2 ) / ( strongarmor + neutralarmor + weakarmor)

Monster accuracy:

100 Combat = 50 Attack

2.7 * BASE(50) = 918 Monster Accuracy

Tokkul is being classed as strongarmor against all classes:

1214 Armour Rating

Multiplier = ( 1 * 2.25 + 0 * 1.65 + 0 * 1.2 ) / (1+0+0) = 2.25

hitchance = 918 * 100% / ( 1214 * 2.25) = 33.6%

blockchance = 1 - 33.6% = 66.4%

For Warpriest legs:

1461 Armour Rating

Multiplier = (1 * 2.25 + 1 * 1.65 + 0 * 1.2) / (0+1+0) = 1.65

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 1.65) = 38.1%

blockchance = 61.9%

For Dragon Legs:

1461 Armour Rating

Multiplier: 2.25 / 1.65 / 1.2

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 1.65) = 38.1%

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 2.25) = 27.9%

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 1.2) = 52.4%

Block chance vs melee: 61.9%

Block chance vs ranged: 72.1%

Block chance vs magic: 47.6%

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

math

Yeah, but Tokkul-Zo and BOL gear are both labelled hybrid gear, just that they seem to work differently for some reason.

All gear is also only neutral to all styles.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I see what you mean now. Looks like Tokkul-Ko is bugged. I tested a few other All class items (Legends Cape, Barrows Gloves, achievement capes), Hybrid class (warpriest), they do not exhibit this behavior.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I rather liked this quest. Owen and Saradomin got some nice depth and are less annoying now - I don't regret [hide]that Ozan didn't die, and I even gave Saradomin the wand - figured that it wouldn't matter anyway, since I could always get it back from him later.

It's nice that Saradomin admitted to being imperfect and it's nice that Ozan approves of guerilla warfare.[/hide]

Also the new armour is pretty, it makes me feel like a proper general without being as ridiculous as Nex equipment. It goes a bit far on the shoulderpads, but yeah...

Edited by Quyneax
Fixed @ J35u5

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

But shoulder pada are CLEARLY the sign of rank. The bigger your shoulders, the more important you are.

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I really loved the puns with the Sonde family. Sir Owen Sonde, Altra Sonde and Stario Sonde. Overall I thought the quest was much better than the original.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I rather liked this quest. Ozan and Saradomin got some nice depth and are less annoying now - I don't regret [hide]that Ozan didn't die, and I even gave Saradomin the wand - figured that it wouldn't matter anyway, since I could always get it back from him later.

It's nice that Saradomin admitted to being imperfect and it's nice that Ozan approves of guerilla warfare.[/hide]

Also the new armour is pretty, it makes me feel like a proper general without being as ridiculous as Nex equipment. It goes a bit far on the shoulderpads, but yeah...

Owen*, Ozan is the guy from Al-Kharid

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Would love to see a collection of all the different dialogue options...

• Like 1

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

if you say "I support X" with X being your god, saradomin just completely ignores what you said and says the canned response

the prayer is largely of no consequence either

i think owen takes his shield back if you're a total zamorak [wagon] or something

probably wrong though, I think the cutoff is a split between whether you took his shield, or if you left it (in which he will then give to you at that point)

it is fun lording your guardian status around though

"I AM THE CHOSEN ONE, GTFO AND LET ME TAKE THE WAND"

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Using the world guardian dialogues was fun they felt as if they shortcutted matters.

I dunno if that plan sounds so

WORLD GUARDIAN

Ok lets go.

You sure it seems awfully...

WORLD.....GUARDIAN

FINE JEEZE

Now that is just a gun pointed at us clearly...

WOR..

OK FINE LETS DO IT -.-

• Like 5

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Loved the dialogue in the quest! Made for some fun conversations as people are posting :D

Also lore wise, this was great - I actually somewhat sympathised with Saradomin as he was regretting what happened to the centaurs (he can still GTFO Gielinor though xD)

And the Templar override makes for some sweeeet outfits!

ioey9z.png

ArchangelSignature.jpg