13-Aug-2013 - The Death of Chivalry

Hedgehog

But shoulder pada are CLEARLY the sign of rank. The bigger your shoulders, the more important you are.

41ql3.jpg

:lol:

• Like 11

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I really enjoyed this quest!

[hide]It's nice to actually talk to Saradomin at length, at long long last. I pretty much used neutral language, but I gave the wand willingly to get what was pretty much an objective and harmless judge of his motives. I figured that if he was genuinely virtuous, then he would by definition be a good person to entrust with that kind of power. If he wasn't, then he'll never be able to use the wand for his own benefit. I admit I did take the risk of him going full-on zombie army though, but that seemed unlikely considering his character and the personality of his religion.

The way it turned out, I respect Saradomin more now. He's not really "The God of Order, Good and Peace", deep down he's a just a flawed mortal given great power, probably by chance, who is trying to be a hero by trying to meet such an unattainable pedestal. I'll likely be taking a more pro-Saradomin stance in the future, though he is perfectly capable of doing the wrong thing at times, like any mortal. [/hide]

• Like 5

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Okay, just finished the quest. Have been busy on it for 3 hours to find every detail. :P I simply adored this quest, lots of lore, a great compelling story, you actually care for your actions. The environment and the music were intense, especially during the final fight. I really like Mod Stu's job here. Must be the best piece of content RuneScape has seen the past few years, quality wise.

[hide]

Despite the fact that he has apologised for his actions regarding Guthix's tribe (makes sense timeframe wise), I still have suspicions regarding Saradomin, thus I refused to give him the wand (I didn't suggest to destroy it), knowing that whether he has good intentions or not, he will use it in the upcoming war and ends up prolonging the suffering of the participants (willingly or otherwise) and/or the war, which will simply end up badly.

I am pretty sure I have p'ed off saradomin somewhere down the line...

Most important thing is though, Saradomin is rising through the ranks amongst the gods, but I am not sure if it will overtake my second choice of Godless.

What I do feel guilty about is that Owen ended up with a darkness in him that may consume him. Question is, was this avoidable if I gave the wand to Saradomin willingly?

[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

[hide]Despite the fact that he has apologised for his actions regarding Guthix's tribe (makes sense timeframe wise), I still have suspicions regarding Saradomin, thus I refused to give him the wand (I didn't suggest to destroy it), knowing that whether he has good intentions or not, he will use it in the upcoming war and ends up prolonging the suffering of the participants (willingly or otherwise) and/or the war, which will simply end up badly.

I am pretty sure I have p'ed off saradomin somewhere down the line...

Most important thing is though, Saradomin is rising through the ranks amongst the gods, but I am not sure if it will overtake my second choice of Godless.

What I do feel guilty about is that Owen ended up with a darkness in him that may consume him. Question is, was this avoidable if I gave the wand to Saradomin willingly?[/hide]

No.

Only thing I did to Saradomin was[hide]telling him he looks like Benny the snow imp. It seemed the least immediately antagonistic.[/hide]

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

But shoulder pada are CLEARLY the sign of rank. The bigger your shoulders, the more important you are.

41ql3.jpg

:lol:

the guy in orange looks like the one character from stargate SG1. just had to say that

also i thought it was a good quest

~~~legoman187~~~

• Like 1

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Couple of things I genuinely liked about the quest:

[hide]

1. Lore, obviously, especially from Saradomin himself.

2. The exchange between you and the Captain, which essentially was

"You didn't fool us!" Owen gives an embarrassed expression with a cringe "Ok, fine, you didn't fool me!"

"The knight and and his squire" Owen complains "Ok, fine, the hero and her faithful sidekick..."

Speaking of which, did anyone else who picked "The wand belongs to the Museum!" reply?

[/hide]

[hide]Hmmm, I really hope the Wiki will have all conversations, as I haven't heard Saradomin say anything about the Naragi or his mortal life, could anyone tell some more details while we wait on the Wiki-folks? :)[/hide]

[hide]

essentially he said he felt his god powers gave him the sense that he has the right to rule over everything, and Naragi race didn't let him rule them, and ended up killing them. He felt shame on that part of his history ever since.

[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

[hide]It's nice to actually talk to Saradomin at length, at long long last. I pretty much used neutral language, but I gave the wand willingly to get what was pretty much an objective and harmless judge of his motives. I figured that if he was genuinely virtuous, then he would by definition be a good person to entrust with that kind of power. If he wasn't, then he's never be able to use the wand for his own benefit. I admit I did take the risk of him going full-on zombie army though, but that seemed unlikely considering his character and the personality of his religion.

The way it turned out, I respect Saradomin more now. He's not really "The God of Order, Good and Peace", deep down he's a just a flawed mortal given great power, probably by chance, who is trying to be a hero by trying to meet such an unattainable pedestal. I'll likely be taking a more pro-Saradomin stance in the future, though he is perfectly capable of doing the wrong thing at times, like any mortal. [/hide]

[hide]This may be, and it is exactly why I don't think Saradomin deserves to be a God either... He himself admitted that you, the adventurer, are more virtuous than he is...

I haven't been persuaded from my position that I'll support him for now, as he can help me kill the other Gods, like Zamorak and Bandos... But in the end, I'm goign to want to be the one ending up with that crown of his...[/hide]

Good quest though... And still wish I knew what all the other dialogue paths were...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I really liked the quest, it's alot better than the previous quests. However, also alot easier than the previous Black Knight's Fortress Quest. All you had to do is follow the path.

What I really didn't like about Saradomin is:

He would've took the wand even if you wanted to destroy it. The wand seems very powerfull, so the world might be better off without it. I actually wanted the wand myself, and become a God.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

I really liked the quest, it's alot better than the previous quests. However, also alot easier than the previous Black Knight's Fortress Quest. All you had to do is follow the path.

He would've took the wand even if you wanted to destroy it. The wand seems very powerfull, so the world might be better off without it. I actually wanted the wand myself, and become a God.

I'm curious how this was easier than the Black Knights Fortress the basics of that quest was put fake armour on, walk in to fortress, go through a hidden wall to overhear stuff, chuck a cabbage down a hole to ruin their plans, win.

This quest at least had some combat and a few puzzles.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]It's nice to actually talk to Saradomin at length, at long long last. I pretty much used neutral language, but I gave the wand willingly to get what was pretty much an objective and harmless judge of his motives. I figured that if he was genuinely virtuous, then he would by definition be a good person to entrust with that kind of power. If he wasn't, then he's never be able to use the wand for his own benefit. I admit I did take the risk of him going full-on zombie army though, but that seemed unlikely considering his character and the personality of his religion.

[hide]This may be, and it is exactly why I don't think Saradomin deserves to be a God either... He himself admitted that you, the adventurer, are more virtuous than he is...

I haven't been persuaded from my position that I'll support him for now, as he can help me kill the other Gods, like Zamorak and Bandos... But in the end, I'm goign to want to be the one ending up with that crown of his...[/hide]

Good quest though... And still wish I knew what all the other dialogue paths were...

[hide]The crown troubles me, since it's the only thing I know of that could be used to find the Stone of Jas. I personally want that crown destroyed if possible, or at least I want to be certain Saradomin is convinced that he must not at any cost find or reveal the location of the Stone. We're all in trouble if it's used again, and I'd be willing to turn against him if he doesn't listen to reason and intends to use it.

Otherwise, your plan is the same as mine. Side with Saradomin for the purpose of eliminating Bandos and Zamorak, who only seem to desire conflict itself.[/hide]

• Like 1

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah that really made me mad, because I did choose to try to destroy it and that little punk hit me! Also I'm curious how, plot-wise, any Zamorak follower can justify finishing this quest. Why not help the Kinshra instead of helping Saradomin? Where was that option? Also what would happen if BOL Saradomin lost and "was cast into the abyss" then how could anyone do this quest?

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

@Will H

Bad news for ya: Already been confirmed by several Jmods the Stone of Jas WILL be back and as the most powerful of the 12 Elder artefacts (which will ALL play a role in the 6th age in due course) it will be a big part of the 3 major story lines (Elder gods, gods and dragonkin)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

not liking the pronunciation of Iban :(

How did they pronounce it? I can't remember.

like ee-bahn

That's how I've always pronounced it in my head.

I've always said it phonically, which is eye-ban

Which is how I pronounce it. Them English fellers talk funny-like ...

• Like 1

nyuseg.png