20-Aug-2013 - Divination

Saradomin_Mage

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,67,65126821

Why do I keep playing, i'm so certain that Jagex doesn't give a shit anymore besides money, they want to milk us before the game actually does die.

Pathetic really, why won't they stop updating every week and just give us monthly updates WITHOUT something to fix for once.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

http://services.rune...,16,67,65126821

Why do I keep playing, i'm so certain that Jagex doesn't give a shit anymore besides money, they want to milk us before the game actually does die.

Pathetic really, why won't they stop updating every week and just give us monthly updates WITHOUT something to fix for once.

"if it was sailing we wouldn't have this problem" hahahaha

• Like 1

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Currently level 53, I'm going to take it easy. Since I got back home after my 3 month trip 2 days ago, usually I'd no life and play past 11 PM, but now I'm just starting to feel like it's a chore. :(

Chelsea FC #1

Join My Clan:

[qfc]290-291-830-65346534[/qfc]

Youtube Channel

I don't think Divination was intended to be powerleveled except for those chasing rank and firsts. To do so with no clear goal or satisfaction derived from it will only lead to unwanted suffering.

Hrm, that piece of advice sounded a bit too much like the Guthix epigrams

There's also the 15 thousand or so maxed players, many of whom will get 99 div just for their capes back, even if they don't like training the skill. I do like training the skill, so it makes no difference to me really.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3

Perhaps they will take a break? Because they could burn out...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

There's also the 15 thousand or so maxed players, many of whom will get 99 div just for their capes back, even if they don't like training the skill. I do like training the skill, so it makes no difference to me really.

Oh also, I am currently around Rank 2k, so I quess not all of those 15k are rushing to get max cape/comp cape back =/.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Oh also, I am currently around Rank 2k, so I quess not all of those 15k are rushing to get max cape/comp cape back =/.

I'm like 11k and I am behind the curve at only lvl 61

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't wanna completely burn myself out so I've slowed way down on training. At the moment my plan is to try and get 2 levels a day, still got targets I wanna hit at BOL and have a life outside of RS too! It reminds me of the time when I got 99 Hunter, I literally no lifed my entire summer, and I do not want to do such a thing again.

A couple of weeks time I can start using all my prismatic pendants, reward books, lamps, etc so I don't see too much point in grafting for exp at the moment.

• Like 1

Account Help

Has anyone else noticed levels where you don't get any enriched memories? I really can't believe it was just bad luck, but I guess it might've been.

While I was level 31 and level 32, I got no enriched memories at all despite collecting 247 regular glowing memories.

This is in contrast to other levels, where I've got up to 5 enriched memories in an inventory.

Yes, it seems level 50 counts as level 60 for the purpose of gathering level 50 memories, then level 51 gives you no enriched and you start getting more and more at higher levels.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah, that confirms what I was experiencing. I got a fair amount at level 30, but then I was dry for the next few levels.

Also, if anyone wants to help out in determining the percentage chance of getting enriched memories at each level, help would be appreciated: http://forum.tip.it/topic/320948-ratio-of-regular-memories-to-enriched-memories/

Doubt anyone cares, but last night for the first time i tried out the new skill. I liked it, i only went to lvl 6 because I am forced to play on my wifes crappy labtop that can barely run RS becuase my pc is in the shop. Clearly there will be more added to the skill in time and there will be more things to use the energy on at a later point. I was around since basicly the begining of RS and this skill is very much like the gathering skills when they were first added. Woodcutting started out as only one type of tree and you have to click the hatchet then click the tree over and over. Minning was the same way only there were a few types of ore. So at this point the new skill is fine, i know it must kinda suck for those power lvling it right now but hey no ones forcing you to collect wisps for 12+ hours a day.

• Like 1

Divination idea:

Take the wisps/nodes.

You can attempt to harvest every 3 ticks. If you succeed, you get energy. You can also get virtual energy. Every time you attempt a harvest, you gain a virtual charge. You can't see these virtual numbers. Say:

• Chance of getting energy + virtual charge: 10%.
  • Chance of getting virtual energy + virtual charge: 20%.
  • Chance of getting virtual charge only: 70%.

When you manage to harvest, you take damage equal to ((1‰ of your max hp) + 1) per charge per tier of the node. If you have the boon for a given tier, reduce the tier number by one (e.g. at level 60, when you make the boon for level 50 energy, level 50 energy counts as tier 5 instead of tier 6). That means you take no damage from the lowest tier nodes if you make the boon at level 10.

So, if you have a tier 10 node and 80 Divination, and let's say your attempted harvests are like this:

1. +1 charge
  2. +1 charge
  3. +1 virtual energy & charge
  4. +1 charge
  5. +1 charge
  6. +1 virtual energy & charge
  7. +1 charge
  8. +1 charge
  9. +1 charge
  10. +1 virtual energy & charge
  11. +1 charge
  12. +1 charge
  13. +1 energy & charge - harvest successful. Obtain energy equal to 1 + virtual energy (in this case, 4), the appropriate xp (say, 4*100) and take damage equal to 10*13 ‰ of max lp + 10*13, which is 13% + 130.

Now there is a series of prayers/curses which reduces damage taken from Divination by 20, 40, (...), 100%, but you lose one prayer point per ‰ damage prevented (because prayer/lp are not really symmetrical right now). The prayer costs (almost) nothing to maintain if you take no damage. If your prayer runs out, you take the remaining damage normally. This damage can kill.

Enriched nodes drain Constitution levels (or Prayer, if you use that). You lose one level per 1% damage you would have taken, but you take only the (tier*charge) damage. Sadly, super restores are good for restoring prayer also, so maybe these levels should be 'negative levels', a separate debuff which is otherwise equal to stat drain, but negative levels are not restored by (super) restores. You would lose a couple of these negative levels per minute. Prayers do not prevent negative levels.

If you feel a node is taking too long, gathering too many charges, you can disrupt the node using magic, gaining an extra 10 charges but succeeding on the harvest on your next try. You need to have a certain magic level to disrupt nodes - 10 levels below the level required to access the node. Boosting works.

The idea is also that you should balance node length. The ones that give you lots of charges and lots of energy also damage you a lot, more than you have health if you wait too long. On the other hand, disrupting nodes when they are still young means you take lots of extra damage (1% per tier per disrupt, from the 10 extra charges). The prayers allow skillers to train Divination and provide a tie-in, along with more efficient restore and more options. It can be more efficient, for example, to use the 100% reduction and restore only prayer, or the 80% and use a unicorn, depending on how much damage you take.

P.S. XP/damage rates are naturally not final, this is just the concept.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

That sounds overly complex.

Complex?

Click node > wait until you're afraid you might get one-hit > disrupt > move on (heal). It's simple, every complexity comes from already-present ways to heal, like you have with LRC - urns/jujus/superheats/defence against creatures - complex, yet simple.

You can add some randomness by making it charge or energy.

Yeah why complicate things?

It's a gathering skill.

You click crud you get crud. Job Done.

Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting are just the same.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue