20-Aug-2013 - Divination

Saradomin_Mage

The heart issue is an underlying problem unrelated to the nolifing, was actually a stroke of luck that he had the paramedic check him out for the pain he had due to the nolifing (which was minor and harmless) and discover what appears to have been a long term irregularity.

Asmodean <3

So nolifing could have actually saved his life?

Mind = blown. :lol:

Seriously though, it's good to hear he'll be okay. I'd hate for RuneScape to become one of those games where someone died nolifing it. That, and 'Scapers are awesome and deserve to be immortal. :P

• Like 5

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Seriously though, it's good to hear he'll be okay. I'd hate for RuneScape to become one of those games where someone died nolifing it.

[hide]

[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Apparently, when first starting to siphon an enriched spring, if you have a normal memory in your inventory it gets converted to an enriched and also extends the lifetime of the spring.

knj.png

It only seems to work the first time you siphon the enriched from the time it spawns, and only converts one memory.

Not true, it works only for the first 4 people. The enriched spring is using them to prolong the life of the sprin itself.

I had my regular memory turned into an enriched memory when I was definitely not one of the first four people to siphon from it.

And how many times have we sat at home with a minor discomfort that we didn't get investigated by a doctor right away, for time constraints or money or other reasons?

Is it bad that he waited as long as he did? Yes, but no moreso than the people terrified to go to the doctor for fear of medical bills or anything else. With this, maybe he'll learn his lesson. He's still relatively young and usually those lessons come with a much higher cost. Better that he pay now than later.

hzvjpwS.gif

[bleep]ing idiot. Why would he think anything comes before his own health in that situation?

I just don't even know where to begin with how irresponsible that attitude is.

He thought he should get it checked out because he was no lifing so much. As it turns out, it wasn't caused by lack of sleep and exercise, but rather that it was a pre-existing condition. He did not push himself to the point where he sacrificed his health.

• Like 3

I'm sorry Hedgehog, but what you and Fallstar are doing by misrepresenting the argument to defend "safe" nolifing is wrong.

That's not the point being made. Any person who claims, without medical facts, that a lack of sleep caused the heart symptoms is wrong to do so. There's no evidence of that. However, I'm absolutely within my limit to criticize someone who suffers sharp chest pains, and waits over a day before deciding to get it referred, because they decided getting level 99 first was a higher priority. Sharp chest pain is a symptom of conditions far worse than a benign cardiac arrhythmia, anyone with common sense knows that. I'd level exactly the same criticism to a footballer playing on a fractured leg, or a type 2 diabetic going on the Atkins diet. They're brainless decisions, they're idiots, and it is irresponsible.

Fine, I respect your right to make a choice, but at least let's all admit it's a bloody awful one from a health point of view, which is the only point of view that ultimately matters when all things are considered.

1. He didn't wait over a day to get it checked out. It happened over a day ago.
  2. He didn't stall anything to play RS.

Overall, he handled it pretty well. The only thing you can find pathetic is that he's bummed that he has to waste xp to go to the hospital. No lifing didn't cause him to delay treatment, it didn't cause any problems.

I'm not defending no lifing. I'm trying to get you to understand what actually happened.

• Like 2

I think you missed the irony, Ginger.

Of course he's complaining at being made to do the test - should he be happy that he's going to do it? That doesn't mean he doesn't recognize the value of such a test, it's just a way to express annoyance at a (small, possible) heart problem right when he's racing to 99 Divination. Complaining about inevitable, clearly useful yet annoying things is just a thing you can do (this goes for a lot of medical things, but also things like cleaning/cooking/studying/whatever). You read his post far too negatively, to the point that I think you're quite prejudiced, perhaps because of his nolifing?

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

A sharp pain in your chest, you should be referring immediately. So he did wait 30 hours to play RuneScape before deciding to get treatment. He avoided quite normal, health-seeking behaviour because he was no-lifing. If you think I'm being "negative" and "prejudiced" about that, fine... I'll happily be prejudiced. Want to prove that's wrong of me? Well, get down to your local A&E tomorrow with a pop survey and see how many nurses and doctors there think that waiting 30 hours to refer yourself for sharp chest pain, so you can play RuneScape, is good idea.

This is removing focus away from the original topic of the thread, which is the Divination skill, not a wider debate about no-lifing and its impact on personal health behaviour. If you want, split it off and we'll continue there.

I'm jut glad he received treatment when he did and hope he gets well fast. He was quick to realize that his pain was someone other than being related to staying up no lifing, and he sought medical attention to determine what the cause of his pain really is.

Some people will go months or years with slight pain and never get it examined.

Is it worth to collect chronicle fragments?

If you value hunter xp, absolutely. At low levels up to 80, also absolutely just for the divination xp. Beyond that I haven't checked so not sure. Try to only catch the ones that come close (ideally within 3 tiles) to you. I cba to go and tele anymore, so I just collect them for the hunter xp and destroy them when I have 10 in my inv.

Also @ Richard's situation.

4aJEY.png

His first forum post since the sof I think. How2rank1 with good grace, some people could do with taking a few lessons maybe.

• Like 15

Asmodean <3

Apparently, when first starting to siphon an enriched spring, if you have a normal memory in your inventory it gets converted to an enriched and also extends the lifetime of the spring.

knj.png

It only seems to work the first time you siphon the enriched from the time it spawns, and only converts one memory.

Not true, it works only for the first 4 people. The enriched spring is using them to prolong the life of the sprin itself.

I had my regular memory turned into an enriched memory when I was definitely not one of the first four people to siphon from it.

Correction the, the first who who has a non-enriched memory he/she could 'offer'.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Seriously though, it's good to hear he'll be okay. I'd hate for RuneScape to become one of those games where someone died nolifing it.

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5C7oKQDReY[/hide]

Everytime I see the "His pants were covered in his own feces" I just laugh my head off. That alone makes it sound fake.

I'll never understand how people could want to no life and sacrifice a huge part of their health (sleep) JUST to race to a 99 on a game. You'll be remembered for about a month, then no one will give two shits who you are anymore. me? I prefer sleeping for 10 hours and am in no rush for 99.

Popoto.~<3

I'll never understand how people could want to no life and sacrifice a huge part of their health (sleep) JUST to race to a 99 on a game. You'll be remembered for about a month, then no one will give two shits who you are anymore. me? I prefer sleeping for 10 hours and am in no rush for 99.

10 hours is actually considered to be oversleeping which can also be harmful to your health.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png