Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

20-Aug-2013 - Divination

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

It's a fake, apparently.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

It (image) was in HLF forum, but apparently it's fake.

xezm7fQ.png

So very disappointed to hear this wasn't real. :(

hzvjpwS.gif

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Not as disappointing as the fact that it's been a whole month and they still haven't given us a date for when it will happen, for what is essentially a 5 minute change.

Emaxganis
[ Display Name History ]

Emaxganis

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:Emaxganis

Not as disappointing as the fact that it's been a whole month and they still haven't given us a date for when it will happen, for what is essentially a 5 minute change.

Was a excuse given about it being a lot of work?

I'll say it again , they dont want people to be able to dump 50+ lamps onto div from bol!

Posted Image

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Was a excuse given about it being a lot of work?

I'll say it again , they dont want people to be able to dump 50+ lamps onto div from bol!

Nope, no excuses. Not a word.

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • RSN:Blofeld

I don't see the problem with dumping BOL lamps on it or why theyd want to stop it . It takes at least 2 hours to earn a huge lamp which gives a maximum of around 60k xp. Thats way lower an xp rate than actually training the skill in the first place.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I don't see the problem with dumping BOL lamps on it or why theyd want to stop it . It takes at least 2 hours to earn a huge lamp which gives a maximum of around 60k xp. Thats way lower an xp rate than actually training the skill in the first place.

The only reason for them to do that would be spite.

If that statement is true (I know the picture is fake but it could change at reset purely out of coincidence), then I'll be disappointed that I couldn't get 99 before the bonus xp started like I said I would.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I would think next weeks game update is the likely time for it to be turned on, closest update to the 1 month mark and all; if not I'd expect the week after to neatly coincide with bol vanishing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury

I have thought that for a few game updates now.. not counting on it..

If they don't want people using lamps from BoL on Divination, why did they allow the purchase of lamps in the first place? And like someone else already said - It's a lot of work for 1 large lamp..

It's funny how you still get the Golden Chinchompa message in the lobby. :P.

Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan

I don't know why we'd have to wait for a game update though. Turning bonus div xp on is such a tiny update. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

It's a lot of work for 1 large lamp..

You got to put in that work before August the 20th, though :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

I don't know why we'd have to wait for a game update though. Turning bonus div xp on is such a tiny update. 

That's because this is not a matter of Jagex being lazy, it's a calculated and conscious effort on their part to not allow it. I am in an elite clan, and there are usually J-Mods that drop in once a while. Top players get quite a few perks. One of the current things is that they have been asking J-Mods to open up old user-names for them, so they can have them -- and guess what? Dozens of people have had J-Mods grant their wishes. So don't kid yourself, if they wanted it done, they'd do it.

-------

I for one didn't get any BoL lamps, and I could care less if some other people did hoard a few and want to use them -- that's not a disadvantage to me if they can use it.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

One of the current things is that they have been asking J-Mods to open up old user-names for them, so they can have them -- and guess what? Dozens of people have had J-Mods grant their wishes. So don't kid yourself, if they wanted it done, they'd do it.

Hold on now. Not to interrupt the thread or anything but this is actually happening? Is it the kind of thing where you have to be elite to have this done, or could someone with my stats make a request and actually get a name out of it if it's reasonable for them to do so?

Because this is something from my Scape bucket list and if it's the former I might collapse into some kind of hate-singularity.

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
4wkdy.png
Patiently waiting.

I really do wish they'd hurry the [bleep] up and unlock this damn skill. Hell, we already basically know who's going to be the first to 200m. Goddamnit.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Don't hold your breath, Leik, they have been teasing us for weeks, without any explanation or words. I have 9 spins saved up, and anytime I get a ticket, I bring it back down to 9. They're are masters at wasting everyone's time and being ambiguous about expectations.

One of the current things is that they have been asking J-Mods to open up old user-names for them, so they can have them -- and guess what? Dozens of people have had J-Mods grant their wishes. So don't kid yourself, if they wanted it done, they'd do it.

Hold on now. Not to interrupt the thread or anything but this is actually happening? Is it the kind of thing where you have to be elite to have this done, or could someone with my stats make a request and actually get a name out of it if it's reasonable for them to do so?

Because this is something from my Scape bucket list and if it's the former I might collapse into some kind of hate-singularity.

It's something that's in elite circles at the moment, but you could try going into Mod Jane's FC (when she is online) and requesting for a name to be freed, she might do it.

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts

Apologies for me staying off-topic, but here it is:

I sadly missed this "promotion", because who visits HLF anyway, right?

For those of you who want a certain username, here's a small hint you might not have known about:

Add the username you want to your ignore list. As soon as it gets freed up, the name will be changed to something random, and, if you're quick, you can nab it!

EDIT: On-topic .. 97 Divination. Yay?!.

Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Apologies for me staying off-topic, but here it is:

I sadly missed this "promotion", because who visits HLF anyway, right?

The thread was made so that Mod Jane could get a list of the more "desirable" display names, identify why they haven't been freed, potentially modify criteria for freeing up names, and then release as many names as possible for all players.

There was no special "promotion" where anyone posting on the thread was going to get a free display name change, and any display names that get freed up in this process can be nabbed by anyone (potentially even the name-sniping bots, though Jane is trying to ensure that this does not happen).

6Ij0n.jpg

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts

Why was the thread only posted on the HLF then?

Posted Image

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Why was the thread only posted on the HLF then?

The amount of work Mod Jane would have to do if she posted it in General would easily be 10 times more.

Remember, these names are getting freed for everyone, not just HLFers.

6Ij0n.jpg

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
I'd love it if "Ambler" were to be freed up. I've had it in the past, but miss it. :sad:

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users