Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

20-Aug-2013 - Divination

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
Well making a skill slow goes againt the recent trend of everything being ridiculously fast. This is a positive thing as far as I'm concerned, but you still have to ask why they reversed that trend. I am training divination to at least 99, so I still play.

Asmodean <3

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
Most divine locations only last for 30 seconds, divine magic tree/herb 3 last 25 seconds and the runite location only lasts for 20 seconds :-|

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • RSN:Blofeld
I just noticed-We didnt get a bank space increase :(

Binary Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Binary Mage

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • RSN:Binary Mage
  • Clan:Evolve

I just noticed-We didnt get a bank space increase :(

On the positive side, the Loyalty Shop update is next week so we'll be able to spend Loyalty Points on bank space boosters. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

The Fallen Diviner

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kamil1210
1 runite = 6 adamantite = 18 mithril = 54 coal = 162 iron = 486 tin/copper
10,489gp = 26,244gp /31,104gp

1 dragonstone = 5 diamond = 15 ruby = 45 emerald = 135 sapphire
10,631 = 49,005gp

1 magic = 3 yew = 9 maple = 27 oak = 81 normal
1,658gp = 32,076gp

1 monkfish = 3 bass = 9 tuna = 27 trout = 81 shrimp/anchovies/crayfish/sardines
322gp = 810gp /1296gp /6075gp /3240gp

Jagex should let us make iron from coal, yew from magic etc. It would change prices a bit, now alomst all of transmutations are wortless.

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
With people talking of batch 2:

Remember this is just the gathering skill with a few extras to allow them to release the artisan skill to match it later. Any sort of 'batch 2' is likely just going to te 'proper' produce of the skill as seen in the next skill.

After all this is just the mining, woodcutting or fishing part of the pair; the cooking, fletching or smithing part is skill 2.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Earthman
[ Display Name History ]

Earthman

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts

10,631 = 49,005gp

1,658gp = 32,076gp

Jagex should let us make iron from coal, yew from magic etc. It would change prices a bit, now alomst all of transmutations are wortless.

It's not really meant to be used this way I think. It's mainly used to turn the materials you don't need to materials you do need.

terravir.png

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

10,631 = 49,005gp

1,658gp = 32,076gp

It's not really meant to be used this way I think. It's mainly used to turn the materials you don't need to materials you do need.

Yeah but then you can sell those lower materials and buy the others and have left over cash to buy more ;D

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts

10,631 = 49,005gp

1,658gp = 32,076gp

so I will sell materials that I don't need and buy materials that I need. And I will get more materials that I want.

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE
Seriously, is jagex expecting us all to diy and not sell lower resources on ge

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Syd
[ Display Name History ]

Syd

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • RSN:Fusion
I'm going to ask this sort of question again... Am I the only one who thinks that these wisps should be more randomly located in larger areas and not have deposits exactly where the skill is trained? Maybe they could compensate it with little extra XP. Q nicely summed it up that this skill feels like same thing over and over again. You don't have to search for the resources (energy) and you don't have to make any logistic decisions to decide would it be better to collect and walk straight to the deposit, or collect and bank the resources. It doesn't feel like a gathering skill. Even the whatever upgrades you can create from the skill can be made wherever you are simply weaving the energy. How about some sort of special place (similar to anvils, ovens, fires etc.) where you could weave these energies?

I know alot of these things would make this skill require more thinking and planning than just getting there and mindlessly clicking wisps and then depositting. This skill doesn't require any sort of tools or anything to get prepared. You just walk to a place and start doing this mindnumbing thing.

I'm not saying the skill is particularly bad or horrible to train (compared to skills like hunter or agility) but it feels very lazy and useless design suited for even more lazier playerbase of this game.

Also to whoever pointed out about a level 20 commenting the whole skill - fair point. Usually I wouldn't but I can't see how training or design of this skill is going to change in any way as I progress.

u5zhkTY.gif

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
It is gathering skill if you are gathering energy, not exchanging it for more xp.

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
Has anyone considered that the permanent boons would help at higher levels?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Flabberwocky
[ Display Name History ]

Flabberwocky

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • RSN:Flabberwocky
  • Clan:36th Chamber
Hopefully a lot of the debate about the fun and usefulness of Divination will become clearer as the complementary skill news starts coming out. Artificing/Engineer/or Whatever it is could present interesting craftable choices. A pity it seems to be slated for early 2014. That said, the divination rewards do seem like they can have clever uses. I just haven't thought of any yet since I'm still busy leveling...

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts

Has anyone considered that the permanent boons would help at higher levels?

Except they don't...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
Posted Image
I wish they would just make up their mind on whether it's coming out this year or next year :unsure:

justanotherguy
[ Display Name History ]

justanotherguy

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Zildie
I'm looking forward to trying it out when I get back to home.

I don't mind if it's slow to train. It seems like levels come too fast (for levels under 60 anyway).

The game would have more meat if it was harder to obtain levels and the skills you unlock had more impact.

Posted Image

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts

Posted Image
I wish they would just make up their mind on whether it's coming out this year or next year :unsure:

QFC?

Binary Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Binary Mage

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • RSN:Binary Mage
  • Clan:Evolve

Posted Image

QFC?

Not a forum thread, the FAQ at the bottom of the official Wiki Entry.

(Before anyone asks: No, it was not edited by a player to say that. I checked.)
Posted ImagePosted Image

The Fallen Diviner

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
I think what would be good is:
1) Research in libraries is required to get recipes (you also get xp).
2) You take damage from actually siphoning wisps.
3) Wisps are spread out more, like implings, and are less visible, like stryewyrms.
4) Magic, prayer and summoning will be helpful here - magic for tracking wisps, prayer for protecting against damage and summoning for healing, for example.
5) Obtained energy/memories is analyzed in laboratories (Wizards Tower, Magic Guild, places like that - PoH, too). This gives you xp, too.
6) Energy is refined at laboratories, too.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users