Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

20-Aug-2013 - Divination

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:Robertr1

<snip>
5) Obtained energy/memories is analyzed in laboratories (Wizards Tower, Magic Guild, places like that - PoH, too). This gives you xp, too.
6) Energy is refined at laboratories, too.

The only problem I have with this is 5 &amp; possibly 6 (assuming refining gives xp?) would make divination buyable and idk if I like that...

How would 5 or 6 make divination buyable? Q never mentioned anything about trading the collected energy...

EDIT: found out that energy is currently tradable. However you could limit this to only refined energy and not raw collected energy.

I didn't realize we were redoing the entire skill I thought those were just changes he wanted to make. That's why I said it would be buyable considering you can currently buy energy.

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar
Posted Image wooooo

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Cow
[ Display Name History ]

Cow

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Renoux

It's probably going to be a lot like the last two skills, where they add a second batch a couple of months down the line that fixes almost everything.

I actually prefer this. While it doesn't make that "new car smell" of a skill as powerful, it allows the 2nd batch to be carefully thought out after receiving replies from players about what they want.

And of course Grindscape isn't loading, I have the perfect comic for this.

I prefer this also. While I couldn't get into the warped floors until a few months after they were released, sometime in early 2011 I believe, around the start of dgs, I had just maxed out the abandoned 2's when occult came out and for me it was like getting a whole new skill. The staged release was awesome. I think they tried to do this with summoning with batch 2 but it wasn't as successful.
Staged release let people know it would get more efficient if they waited for the skill to be completed, but allowed them to press ahead anyways for rewards.

I guess stage 2 of divination is the production skill, still unnamed.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Emaxganis
[ Display Name History ]

Emaxganis

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:Emaxganis
This skill is LAME.
Posted Image

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Jolletzu
[ Display Name History ]

Jolletzu

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
Apparently Dragonseance is getting 50k/h at lvl 60 place.

Edit: and yeah, way high levels do it now, is to have slaves that tell them when enriched springs spawn.

Flabberwocky
[ Display Name History ]

Flabberwocky

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • RSN:Flabberwocky
  • Clan:36th Chamber

That wouldnt be too bad. I'm jealous. At Shilo, 50k/h would get me from 50-60 in roughly three hours...

Tach
[ Display Name History ]

Tach

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 66 posts

Edit: and yeah, way high levels do it now, is to have slaves that tell them when enriched springs spawn.

Doesn't sound so slow skill anymore
Tach.png

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,787 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
58 div on Meredith and 57 on Heaven Alive

http://puu.sh/46W56.png

Hiscores for both (mostly so I can see how much my ranks fall when I wake up tomorrow)

I'm really enjoying this skill. It's the perfect speed. It's like playing RS before cheap over-powered xp was introduced. I'm hoping it's <100k xp/hour at 99.

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
2550 total

Posted Image

Haven't not slept for RS in a while, forgot how fun it was ;)

Asmodean <3

Poppe
[ Display Name History ]

Poppe

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RSN:Etjien
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Sadly the experience rates have been dropped a bit at the level 60 place, enriched memories were near 1/3 or 1/4 when the first few of us trickled in. Now they are very rare, 1/50 or worse it seems and this is what everyone here has been experiencing. Seems Jagex is still fine tuning.

Gunnar reported 40,235 exp/hour himself, without using any energy during that test when he first arrived. I'd say rates are down to about ~35k now, but this is without using energy or Chronicles so cannot say how much they will increase the experience.
Posted Image

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
eh, if they're fiddling with it this much, the highscores won't really mean anything besides "getting there fast enough before jagex nerfs it into the ground"

handy to have around, but by no means will there be money to make

8f14270694.jpg

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Edit: misread that.

Poppe
[ Display Name History ]

Poppe

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RSN:Etjien
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

eh, if they're fiddling with it this much, the highscores won't really mean anything besides "getting there fast enough before jagex nerfs it into the ground"

handy to have around, but by no means will there be money to make

In some fairness that has already happened XD they had two other big hot fixes so far today with Div, which made it so only 1 person could get a chronicle and made it so you couldn't 2 tick gather memories. Regardless if people agree with these fixes or not, they still decreased experience rates by ~30% (now cannot gather memories faster than 3 ticks per and takes quite a bit longer to get 10 chronicles that add a fair amount of experience too).

While these fixes were done before anyone broke the 50 level barrier, they still separated the gap between those that had been consistently 2 tick gathering already, opposed to those that weren't and seems Jagex has leveled the playing field where the only way to get more experience is to put in more time. Their are very few ways to increase your experience per hour, other than buying energy, which can come at a cost of 200gp per exp or much, much higher, which isn't very practical unless you get energy donations.

Not my intent to say this in any derogatory fashion, but I've heard of people donating energy to Suomi to help him power through his levels and that is how he's leveled so quickly even though he didn't start right at release. I have not seen this myself though so I wouldn't take it as 100% fact, but a possibility.
Posted Image

Arcane_Rift
[ Display Name History ]

Arcane_Rift

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 231 posts
Is it worth converting energy then getting the bonus xp or is converting the energy first a waste of time?

Are the chronicles worth handing in? Anyone know how much more xp you get from handing in to guthix altar compared to the spot in Draynor?

~ Arcane Rift ~
:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 :: 99 Cooking - 2007-03-09 :: 99 Herblore - 2007-05-19 :: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::
::99 Attack - 2009-05-26 :: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 :: 99 Constitution - 2009-07-07 :: 99 Dungeoneering - 2010-08-31 ::99 Defence - 2010-09-01::
:: 99 Magic - 2010-09.18 :: 99 Farming - 2011-11-27 :: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 :: 99 Ranging - 2012-01-04 :: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::
:: 99 Runecrafting - 2012-05-14 :: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

agent_bravo
[ Display Name History ]

agent_bravo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts
http://puu.sh/46KZF.jpg
http://puu.sh/46Vo2.jpg
http://puu.sh/46ZAU.jpg

bah cant seem to break top 100

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
even if they did, i honestly don't care since it'd be something the players did, because of the way the skill's set up, and not something jagex didn't intend

i just want consistent rules and no gimmicks

conversion of memories to energy is less efficient because energy gives a small amount of exp overall, and conversion rate for normal memories is already less than 5 energy

the double feed is just so that people don't end up with huge piles of energy that are useless to their high level needs

8f14270694.jpg

Tach
[ Display Name History ]

Tach

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 66 posts
Divination is the worst skill ever

With best regards, a person who just arranged his work assignments so he can eat lunch at home and train div for 15mins
Tach.png

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RSN:Kamil1210

Divination is the worst skill ever

ekhm... firemeaking, ekhm.

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Poppet
Honestly, my favorite thing about Divination is I get more total modifier for Wishing Wells.

The deploy able nodes could be the coolest thing ever if they would relax the use limits.
76561198012301951.png

squel_is_winner
[ Display Name History ]

squel_is_winner

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 72 posts

Not my intent to say this in any derogatory fashion, but I've heard of people donating energy to Suomi to help him power through his levels and that is how he's leveled so quickly even though he didn't start right at release. I have not seen this myself though so I wouldn't take it as 100% fact, but a possibility.

Having 100 people telling you which world to quick hop to for enriched energy doesn't hurt either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users