Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

20-Aug-2013 - Divination

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

Divination is the worst skill ever

ekhm... firemeaking, ekhm.

i can see the firemaking skillcape guy angrily shaking his fist over the hill at them blasted kids who don't care about firemaking anymore at the level 30 vortex

8f14270694.jpg

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy

Not my intent to say this in any derogatory fashion, but I've heard of people donating energy to Suomi to help him power through his levels and that is how he's leveled so quickly even though he didn't start right at release. I have not seen this myself though so I wouldn't take it as 100% fact, but a possibility.

Having 100 people telling you which world to quick hop to for enriched energy doesn't hurt either.

This is a collaborative effort everyone in the fc benefits from, not just suomi.

Asmodean <3

Calm Koala
[ Display Name History ]

Calm Koala

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • RSN:Calm Koala
Training divination

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
Posted Image

Finally 60... Wanna get 65+ before I sleep.

Asmodean <3

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw
I'm sure that the majority of high lvl players don't like the XP rates because they aren't used to doing a gathering skill..

This is the SECOND gathering skill since... RS2 came out.
Slayer, was mostly mindless killing what you are told
Construction was a creation skill, and always has been a very fast skill.
Hunter is another gathering skill, but was horribly broken on release, but a tad balanced in that the xp per action was high as you had to compete with other people for resources.
Summoning, not so much as a gathering skill but a bit of both really. The gathering is slow, but most people do it without thinking, and think that the XP for using it is really fast when they use the charms.
Dungeoneering is a minigame and not a skill

I think that if you went to do the math of training WC, mining, or fishing, while competing for spots (Especially mining) that the xp is about the same as divination

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

I'm sure that the majority of high lvl players don't like the XP rates because they aren't used to doing a gathering skill..

This is the SECOND gathering skill since... RS2 came out.
Slayer, was mostly mindless killing what you are told
Construction was a creation skill, and always has been a very fast skill.
Hunter is another gathering skill, but was horribly broken on release, but a tad balanced in that the xp per action was high as you had to compete with other people for resources.
Summoning, not so much as a gathering skill but a bit of both really. The gathering is slow, but most people do it without thinking, and think that the XP for using it is really fast when they use the charms.
Dungeoneering is a minigame and not a skill

I think that if you went to do the math of training WC, mining, or fishing, while competing for spots (Especially mining) that the xp is about the same as divination

I don't buy the whole DG is not a skill argument. Do you not get more efficient at the dungeons as you progress? One might even say that all of the different experiences, and scenarios you've come across have compiled in your brain into an efficient and well thought out game plan. Because of this, you're able to venture into dungeons that you may never have risked before, had you not learned from your mistakes and moved forward with gusto.

You have now reached level 120 DG.

How is this not a skill?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
The whole DG is not a skill thing has been done to death already that it's best to just ignore those comments now

Already had people calling Divination a minigame too, real big wtf right there.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
It's a gathering skill... Look back during RSC with woodcutting. All you could do is cut normal logs to make a fire. That fire either served a purpose to cook food or trap noobs in the chaos altar so you can watch them die.

Divination is so new I can still smell that new skill smell on it. Yeah sure after a while that smell gets a bit nauseating, but DAMN are you happy to experience it.

Give it time because there is going to obvious be more use to divination than just what we see. And that's not just in reference to the second new skill. We should be seeing more training methods and uses for the energy.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

The whole DG is not a skill thing has been done to death already that it's best to just ignore those comments now

Already had people calling Divination a skill too, real big wtf right there.

I was inactive during most of the DG Roid Rages, so I guess I dodged a bullet.

I think it has great potential, but in it's current state... Idk.

I got to lvl 37 today. It needs to be moar afkable, even if by just a few more seconds >.< this slow amount of xp is unexcusable. Very few people like high APM/low XP skills; people like Jebrim. and only Jebrim.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
Not just Jebrim...

It'll be nice to have a skill that's under 100k/hr again. As before divination, no skill was < 100k/hr at 99.

Asmodean <3

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Already had people calling Divination a minigame too, real big wtf right there.

Realised I made a typo, fixed it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts

Not just Jebrim...

It'll be nice to have a skill that's under 100k/hr again. As before divination, no skill was < 100k/hr at 99.

Beside Agility [I don't really count FPF]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
Meh, seems i've been rushing for nothing only just hit 50, some freakazoids are at 70 already.

I think it's the first time I did an all night bender just for one update trying to profit from the beginnings. Uberfail.
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts

Meh, seems i've been rushing for nothing only just hit 50, some freakazoids are at 70 already.

I think it's the first time I did an all night bender just for one update trying to profit from the beginnings. Uberfail.

I am nearing 60 now and I had a good night sleep of 8h ;D!!!

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE
IDK how people can complain it is slow when no one is past level 70

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts

IDK how people can complain it is slow when no one is past level 70

Actually a few people are 70 now =d

Flyingjj
[ Display Name History ]

Flyingjj

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,181 posts
  • RSN:flyingjj
I remember when dungeoneering was released, it was the same thing: "It's too slow." Look how that turned out. Though I doubt this will go the same way.
Posted Image

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts

@Fishing comparison: Quite true, but since all those things are released now, they could be tied in to Divination on Divination's release, right? There is no tie-in with past content at all. For relatively old skills, like runecrafting, that's not a big problem, but we're years past that and those years need to tie in somehow.

But in-game lore wise, this skill has only recently been discovered, and as far as I can tell, you have, as the adventurer RS revolves around, just volunteered to become the leading expert in it, doubly so by being the world guardian...

And no it's not like Runecrafting, because there you merely discovered the means to teleport to the Rune Essence and a shortcut to the altars...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:The Diamond
Expected better from tip it community moaning about a slow skill... Come on guys...

Not everything is handed to you on a plate. Everyone just got used to noob gains and 99 in a week. pfft.

A skill comes out that seems to actually take a bit of effort and everyone goes mental. Lol, its embarrassing.

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users