Regarding nerf to Juju Mining Potion

Miss Lioness

I definitely agree they got worse for some and those most likely effected had a bank full of em; but I still don't think it really justifies calling it a nerf since it did get replaced with a better way to do what you were doing and itself got transformed in to something that can aid a whole new subset of trainers.

Especially not in the context of mindless rants about how it's all ruined because porters are 'worse' due to costing to much etc when even a brief glance at ge values, a small amount of experience with div and a smidge of common sense about rising/falling values shows there a clear profit margin in them and one that is substantial enough that it is unlikely any but the noobiest one will lose profitability and even if an extreme does happen there is at least 1 choice that is near impossible to lose it's profit margin.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The easiest way to put this is that it wasn't a nerf; it was a massive buff.

Jujus went from an item that provided exactly 0 benefit and costed a decent amount of time. You could even argue that they were a detriment, because they'd cause a player to bank for urns and pouches more often.

Now, they provide a 10% increase to xp/hour, at the same cost. I haven't done the math to see if it's worth it, but I think it would be at a glance.

Basically, they didn't provide a benefit before, but now they do.

If you want to look at it from that viewpoint, mining jujus were useless before this update, and useless after. Actually mining to train the mining skill was so 2k12.

Asmodean <3

Jujus went from an item that provided exactly 0 benefit and costed a decent amount of time. You could even argue that they were a detriment, because they'd cause a player to bank for urns and pouches more often.

Now, they provide a 10% increase to xp/hour, at the same cost. I haven't done the math to see if it's worth it, but I think it would be at a glance.

If you want to look at it from that viewpoint, mining jujus were useless before this update, and useless after. Actually mining to train the mining skill was so 2k12.

I try to ignore warbands as much as possible because of how bad they are for the game, but what you said is true for a lot of people, unfortunately.

• Like 3

I try to ignore warbands as much as possible because of how bad they are for the game, but what you said is true for a lot of people, unfortunately.

For that matter, same could be said for that which we once called "Effigyscaping" ... :unsure:

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

The "way RS was meant to be played" part refers to the fact that RS in the beginning was aimed at the DIY playing style

That must be why you needed 40 Attack and Defence to wield and wear Rune equipment, while requiring 85 Mining to mine the Runite and 99 Smithing to make a full set.

• Like 2