29-08-2013 New Interface System Fixes

Squakus

Click thru chat is cool...but feels a bit odd when u still can't click thru other transparent things AND scrolling chat with mouse wheel does game world zoom too.

You wouldn't want a click-through inventory interface. There too many important things in all of those submenus that if it were click through, you'd have soooooo many dead clicks at important times. As for the scrolling game zoom, why not just lock it?

But there is a definable difference between the boxes that are actual inventory spaces etc and plain blank space - just like click through chat differentiates text from blank.

Also I don't lock zoom because I make use of changing it subject to the area I'm in and what I'm doing, but lockable or not it is an obvious bug/flaw in the system.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But there is a definable difference between the boxes that are actual inventory spaces etc and plain blank space - just like click through chat differentiates text from blank.

But there's no purpose in having a ridiculously expanded tear-away to the point where you have so much space that you could accurately within the negative space, which is quite unlike the chatbox entirely.

Also I don't lock zoom because I make use of changing it subject to the area I'm in and what I'm doing, but lockable or not it is an obvious bug/flaw in the system.

Fair enough.

hzvjpwS.gif

XP interfaces are now uglier but meh preferences... wish they fixed prayer switching glitches on ability bar.

You can still drag it to your action bar at least for now, though it would be nice to get a quick fix on that so you can free it for something else....

(hellooooooo run-on sentence!)

hzvjpwS.gif

I was just getting used to my layout, albeit a bit chunky looking as some have told me in the past, but now it feels like I'm wasting a whole load of space with all the empty space after my inventory spots & skill icons. =/

Magic update was long over-due really although I hate to admit it, hopefully I don't make too much of a loss gp wise like I have for all the over lvl 80/ 90 weapons & armour I own. :(

Overall yet another update that sounds really promising but when actually seen is rather disappointing IMO.

Dwaynee.png

Trimmed Completionist 8th October 2014 | Check out my blog Here.

Don't want to be the bearer of whine news on the NIS, but they once again modified the NIS to make a close resemblance to the oldskool look...

le0.png

This is the only way to have an inventory with 7 rows. :s

Also, when are they going to update the tabs so more fits in that space?

I was just getting used to my layout, albeit a bit chunky looking as some have told me in the past, but now it feels like I'm wasting a whole load of space with all the empty space after my inventory spots & skill icons. =/

Magic update was long over-due really although I hate to admit it, hopefully I don't make too much of a loss gp wise like I have for all the over lvl 80/ 90 weapons & armour I own. :(

Overall yet another update that sounds really promising but when actually seen is rather disappointing IMO.

I got lucky and managed to off load my t80 magic weapons and armor at above GE med price (only virtus gloves didn't instantly sell).

Now I am pretty much torn between getting Drygore/Torva or Assbows/Pernix.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Kim's right, it did close the bank screen. It's good they've removed it for now, just so long as they bring it back once it's working again.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

In case nobody noticed the loyalty clothing and effects overrides got stealthed into the update.

I really hope they include the pure variants and/or a two colour system in the bigger update though.

hmm. didnt notice the overrides. now wearing my colonists hat with sara warpriest, looks pretty spiffy in light blue.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I'm not really a fan of how a lot of the text now is so... uncrisp. Reminds me of when Microsoft started shoving ClearType in everyone's face.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Presuming this was done with the latest update..

Whhhhyyyyyyy did they remove the "Worn Items" button from the bank screen?? :(

4ezIR.jpg

• Like 1

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

But there's no purpose in having a ridiculously expanded tear-away to the point where you have so much space that you could accurately within the negative space, which is quite unlike the chatbox entirely.

Who said anything about purposefully making things bigger to give blank space?

The fact is certain interfaces have blank space based on how you place and size them to fit your layout.

For example I have invent, gear, skills and music in a side bar box; that box is the smallest it can go and still show the player model layout for gear. This layout leaves a lot of blank space around the model, equally it size also means there is a large portion of blank space in the inventory and skills windows.

Further more beside my chat box I have a box setup to fill the space between chat and the 8 menu buttons to fill out a complete lower screen bar. This has prayer, magic, def/con abilities, emotes, notes, clan chat, friends list and friends chat in; given the size of the interface the first 3 have lots of blank space in them.

I'm not having 'ridiculously oversized' interfaces. I'm having normal interfaces that work for my layout of choice and the fact is there is enough blank space when viewing certain tabs that being able to click through such blank space, just like the chat box, would make sense since it's blank and you might see the thing you want to click there due to transparency.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For some reason, clicking on tabs on the click-through chatbox also makes you move.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You also click through the bank interface onto the chat box tabs... regardless if you are clicking on an item to take out or not.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Presuming this was done with the latest update..

Whhhhyyyyyyy did they remove the "Worn Items" button from the bank screen?? sad.gif

4ezIR.jpg

Because it didn't work properly and just closed the bank interface when you attempted to do anything in it. Maybe they'll patch it back in once they figure things out.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.