05-Sep-2013 - The New Solomon�s General Store

Huge Noob

The most useful things for me from SGS: 208,800 for bank spaces, and 56k per dragon keepsake key.

Thank god i spent coins on the spaces...

Tfw bank spaces 130k in the bts video and I complain they're overpriced

Yep, they really flubbed on this one. By that I mean defacing the value of what loyalty means to the company. I give you good credit and faith. I can keep doing so, but shoot yourself in the foot as often as you want. Eventually people like me won't be around.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The amount of loyalty points to buy even the cheapest of things on the SGS is rediculous and personally more of a slap in the face to be honest (and yes I knew how bad it was going to be from that BTS video). I think they should be at least half the price personally. Ah well never mind ill just forget the merge ever happened

By the way do we really have to have a stupid golden chinchompa to give you free coins on the Squeal of fortune this weekend . I was far happier this summer where theres been pretty much no squeal updates and more of solomon. As far as im aware the community has far more of a problem with the squeal than with SGS, i dont get why theyve suddenly started really pushing it again this month.

It is a lot less than 19 months since u now seem to get 2 lots of loyalty:

One for consecutive membership

One for total membership

So at 1yr+ on both you get 30k a month, assuming you start at 0 that means:

215k for 1 yr consecutive for ground 0.

Still over priced, but not quite 19 months

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There's no rhyme or reason to the prices and they seem to be ridiculously arbitrary.

Bank Booster: 208.800 Loyalty/378 coins= 1 coin is 552 loyalty

Mahjarrat Transformation: 15680 Loyalty/88 coins= 1 coin is 178 loyalty

Explosive Woodcutting: 66560 Loyalty/198 coins= 1 coin is 355 loyalty.

On top of this, it seems that they've arbitrarily chosen which items will be for sell for loyalty points. The Goblin mob teleport and the gnome air teleport are the only teleports for sell. All of the other teleports can only be purchased with runecoins.

isiildur.png

They have seem to work backwards. We should have more value for higher amount of loyalty points spent at once. Meaning bigger the price of Runecoin more our loyalty points should be worth towards it.

Its kind of when you buy a bigger bottle of coke.

A can costs 60p. but a large 2 litter costs £1.80. you get much more coke than you would buying 3 cans.

Thing is the pricing of the SGS as a whole is pretty arbitrary though, just look at the rediculous cost of things like the assassins pack compared to other items/membership

The shadow assassin was a lot better and cheaper anyways. I forget, but what was in the assassin's pack? You get the outfit, and what else? All the other packs (Guthix/hero) had teleports and emotes, I don't recall the assassin's pack having a teleport.

Mod Dylan(or i might've been Drake) was in-game where I was and did say they are 'rolling it out a bit at a time' and more will be buyable later. So we might get some better stuff to buy later, but who knows how much later, feels almost as if they are using this as trial to test how much we will spend.

IMO with 30k a month being the max most things should not be higher than ~70k and nothing should be more than ~100k

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

feels almost as if they are using this as trial to test how much we will spend.

I get the feeling that a lot of people will buy stuff now simply because they've had two years or so to get everything they've wanted and probably have a lot of points that they wouldn't have used otherwise.

Also, considering you can get loyalty points from Dailies now (most a community-required - ie do the dance emote with 10 other people), the prices really aren't that unreasonable.

That's only part of the Super September promotion. It's unlikely they will keep that past the promotion's expiration.

To be honest, I expected the SGS stuff to be ridiculously expensive with loyalty points. What I was looking forward to the most was the conversion of loyalty store outfits to overrides and the point increase per month. All I want are the auras. I don't want to buy bank space that players have historically been given as the game and its content grew larger.

hzvjpwS.gif

While I'm not a fan of the overpriced items in loyalty points, at least the loyalty store is easier to access now and a few things (gazes/costumes) are overlays like they should be. I quite like the new look of solomons too, seems to function much better

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Also, considering you can get loyalty points from Dailies now (most a community-required - ie do the dance emote with 10 other people), the prices really aren't that unreasonable.

That's only part of the Super September promotion. It's unlikely they will keep that past the promotion's expiration.

Still, that's an entire month of easily achievable loyalty points.

Still, that's an entire month of easily achievable loyalty points.

An entire month that earns you enough to buy all of 0-1 of the vast majority of the SGS items buyable with loyalty.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This is feeling like more of a way to get you into the store to see what is there and has absolutely nothing to do with making loyalty points worth while. Anyone who expects anyone else is being very naive.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

While I'm not a fan of the overpriced items in loyalty points, at least the loyalty store is easier to access now and a few things (gazes/costumes) are overlays like they should be. I quite like the new look of solomons too, seems to function much better

Yeah old Solomon's commonly caused my graphics card to crash or outright BSOD my computer. Only crashes I've ever had on this computer is while Solomon's was open. Hopefully that's a thing of the past.

Man, I was really hoping that I could use my loyalty points to get a better home teleport. I hate my outdated one, but I don't want to spend money on something so trivial.

On the plus side, I just realized I had enough money to purchase the Penance aura :DDDDD

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge