Birthright of the Dwarves- 2nd October 2013

Ambler

I'm pretty sure the battle will become more difficult if it's nerfed as there are some weird glitches with safespots.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I quite liked the quest, the rewards are mediocre but good if you're not 99 mining yet. There's some nice lore about the pre-monarchy Keldagrim society as well.

Edit: I do have to note that throughout I thought it was a novice quest, I got confused with Missing Presumed Death. I was about to write a compliment to the bossfight's scaling with level, when I realized it was a GM quest. For a GM, it's too short and too easy.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Relatively enjoyable quest but this battle is just peeing me off so bad, sure make it hard but nigh on impossible with maxed stats, max potions, max prayers and near max gear is a joke.

So uh... Should I wait to see if there's a nerf before I get too far into it?

No. It's easy. I don't know what sy is doing but I didn't even eat.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

^I was doing the fight properly head to head rather than relying on a door to provide a safe spot. I wouldn't count on that even working soon Jagex will no doubt remove it since there are no other safe spots.

I beat it now though.

As for my prior question: Using gilded d from belt to make imcando results in iron pick on belt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Didn't enjoy the quest, storywise the quest fell flat. We need to raise bridges to get the Black Guard army to the other side, we raise those bridges, no army ever seen. Not even an army of the Red Axe, who did nothing but retreat, which is kinda odd, knowing how they acted previously. The Red Axe outpost was said to be hidden, yet Veldaban instantly heads off to it, where we find a cope-paste of the Consortium (odd broken doors included). The end felt very rushed in story, but also the last cutscene... Just take a look at the animation of that rope the dwarves use... I don't deem this quest grandmaster worthy, which is a shame, because I liked the Dwarven Saga a lot.

A thing I missed too was a "THE END" sign. Anyone remember when you started the Dwarf Series, you got a nice overview of the city, with the name of the quest then appearing? Well, it would have been a nice touch if we got the same at the end.

Oh well, apart from the nice looking dwarfs and the awesome Imcando lore and pickaxe, this quest didn't offer us much. Guess the graphics of Keldagrim will never be touched...

EDIT: A friend of mine got a nice surprise at the end. :p

[hide]

4FSpB.png[/hide]

• Like 1

I felt like our decisions didn't really have an impact, the puzzles and combat were easy, most of the lore was unlocked after the quest and the quest was rather short. I don't think it should have been a grad master, and probably not even a master quest.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Relatively enjoyable quest but this battle is just peeing me off so bad, sure make it hard but nigh on impossible with maxed stats, max potions, max prayers and near max gear is a joke.

So uh... Should I wait to see if there's a nerf before I get too far into it?

No. It's easy. I don't know what sy is doing but I didn't even eat.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the hang of it even with my shit gear. It's just buggy as hell; hitting Hreidmar to stop the healing effect doesn't seem to do anything, nor does stunning Grimsson, and I don't even know what's going on with the door. I wouldn't call it balanced but it's certainly possible.

Edit: And now I'm done with it.

ok im raging here. what am i doing wrong?

when i first talk to the king, and we enter battle they have cannons on the other side of a lava river....which they raise the bridge on.....can not seam to figure out where to go from there.

In the minecart :D

ok im raging here. what am i doing wrong?

when i first talk to the king, and we enter battle they have cannons on the other side of a lava river....which they raise the bridge on.....can not seam to figure out where to go from there.

In the minecart :D

thanks that helped....i just kept running in circles lol.

I've got my gilded dragon pick on my tool belt... am I screwed?

No he will take the guilded from your toolbelt as well. if you read up a few posts it appears it will be replaced with an Iron Pick.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I've got my gilded dragon pick on my tool belt... am I screwed?

Apparently Thurgo will take the one off your toolbelt and use it in the recipe if you ask him to (But only once), replacing it with an Iron Pickaxe.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

It's kinda luck of the draw.

Some people get all the Nymphs in a few hundred k xp, others spend weeks on end there to get them.

Certainly it'll probably take you longer to get the outfit and thus the gilding on your pick than it will to collect the four pieces to build the imcando pick

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The enchantment on the imcando pickaxe is kinda useless. Yes, it gives 20% bonus exp, but if it only lasts 100 charges, and you have to collect more imcando pieces to recharge it, then it's only good if you are using the lava flow mine, which would be silly if you have the levels to get the pick in the first place.

Also wish I could keep my particle effect in the uncharged version, looks better that way, but it's a pain to keep it charged.

Flyingjj.png

The enchantment on the imcando pickaxe is kinda useless. Yes, it gives 20% bonus exp, but if it only lasts 100 charges, and you have to collect more imcando pieces to recharge it, then it's only good if you are using the lava flow mine, which would be silly if you have the levels to get the pick in the first place.

As I understand it 1 geyser = fully recharged.

So with an ongoing fc and slower geyser deaths due to craze dying down + lava flow mine not being awful xp (even if not the best) it doesn't seem like it'd necessarily be all that bad all told.

Maybe not quite the best meta-game route, but certainly a feasible boon for use slightly sub-par folks who just wanna afk mine a bit but don't want to die of old age before we reach 99.

Of course it does all hinge on how much extra xp that 20% gets you vs the time taken to recharge, but it does seem as if there is a possible margin there for it to be usable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yes a reward of the quest is the ability to freeze and mine lava geysers.

The geysers are what give the parts.

No quest = no geysers = no parts = no pick

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It's quite short really, it all hinges on how much trouble you have with the combat portions.

But with guides and tactics now circulating it shouldn't be too hard to get through em.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Heavy Spoilers Ahead

The quest felt a little too short for being the finale of a 5 quest series. Felt a bit rushed, the memories part was something nice, but the 'action' parts, so to say, were too short. I was expecting a full assault on the Red Axe Base, with some infiltration and fierce combat, but instead I got an mad man who was too sad about being beaten before so he created his own city to try to fulfill his dream, that was disappointing

The rewards did feel grand-master worthy, and I liked the extra mining XP and the extra lore from the book. Nice too that we got to choose if Veldaban should stay or go in the end. But the quest didn't live up to the expectation I had, after the delays it had. I think I liked more the three signature heroes' quests than this one. I'm not saying it's total crap, but it could've been better.

Also the final fight was a bit disappointing, I was expecting bosses with nice abilities (Like Vanstrom), but Hreidmar was easy to beat, and Grimsson was as well, if you managed to use your ultimate ability on him before he wrecked you (Died on the fight a few times due to that, because my stuns wouldn't work). Or maybe I just didn't feel so pumped as with the fight with Dawn in Death of Chilvary because the song wasn't as 'pumping'.

Once again, I'm not saying the quest was bad, I quite enjoyed it, the music was very nice, I liked the graphical rework, the rewards and the Imcando Pickaxe should keep Lava Flow Mine alive (I don't know if it was dead content or not though, as people went there to get the outfit). I liked the storyline too, deciding the fates of the spies, but the quest was just a bit lacking in length and combat, I would definitely do it again.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

thanks, and how long does the quest take?

(trying to figure out if it's worth getting on to upgrade my pick lol)

I would say if you didn't already have your dragon pickaxe gilded, then it's not worth the bother. Especially considering you probably don't play regularly, unless I miss my guess.

hzvjpwS.gif

what's the point of paying 1m to make your pickaxe untradeble, then not allow it on your toolbelt and have it only store 100 charges at a time (why would they even need to make it charged, i mean the lava flow area is still useful for training at a good portion of levels anyway, it's not like trouble brewing)

8f14270694.jpg

cool particles?

• Like 2

DM0Yq2c.png