Zealots for bossins

Wkw

How does using the amulet of zealots for bossing stack up? I often see people doing corp with regular prayers and zealots instead of another amulet and curses. Are the prayers+zealots better than the turmoil curses?

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

As far as I am aware no it is not better than curses (turmoil/piety/anguish specifically)

However it can trump depending on your priorities Piety/Rigour/Augury which give +8% accuracy, dmg and def at 2 point drain per 0.6 seconds.

With the amulet using the 3 appropriate prayers of separate effect go from 6% to 16% boost at a cost of 3 points per 0.6 seconds.

So it's a trade off, you use prayer at 1.5* the rate of the single prayers but you get 2* the boost.

Plus it has the benefit of only needing 48 prayer vs 70 for piety tier and 95 for turmoil ter.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Can you explain that again?

What would the boosts and the drain rate be with zealots +3 prayers and turmoil + a fury (for its prayer)

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Turmoil I've not seen any solid numbers on, they eoc description is just it boosts your accuracy, strength and defence by a 'fixed amount' whilst draining those same attributes on your opponent with increasing effect overtime.

This combination is what makes it all the more powerful, certainly better than Zealots. as not only does it make you strong it makes the enemy weaker and all for 1 prayer point every 0.2 seconds. Plus they are made all the stronger by the fact you can couple them with soulsplit.

Using Zealots you are looking at 16% boost to accuracy, strength and defence using 3 separate prayers that each drain at 1 point per 0.6 seconds. This does not beat curses in my estimation, it does however beat Piety etc. from the normal prayer book as they only offer 8% boost to accuracy, strength and defence for 1 prayer point every 0.3 seconds.

I'd imagine you just see more zealots usage at Corp because it is a boss capable of being welfared at lower stats and the 48 prayer requirement to get zealots and use it with normal prayers is easier to obtain than unlocking curses and reaching 95 prayer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It really depends on what you're doing, and how you're doing it.

So the first thing, and really the only major thing in comparison between Curses v Prayers & Zealot is the extra boost you get with the Zealot. If using the 3 prayers (or 2 if mage/range) that give you 6% boosts plus the Zealots 10% you get the total of 16% boost. Turmoil/Anguish/Torment caps at a 10% so you've got an added 6% there, and curses also gives you the 8-15% drains on enemies stats. What you then lose out on is Soul split, the Crit % from any other Amulet and the lower prayer, if thats a factor. Theres also the -5 prayer bonus to consider with a Zealot, but I ran some calcs and its really quite negligible. That -5 only really takes away ~20 seconds from 990 prayer points draining to 0, which in the scheme of things isn't a lot. So I guess what I'm saying,

Use Zealots if you are tanking and never need Soulsplit, e.g Nex/Vorago, or if you really want drops in FFA and don't care about longevity.

Use Curses + other ammy if you really need to conserve prayer and want the added healing of Soulsplit, plus the 8-15% drains to enemies stats.

4sDIn.png