Aiel's EoC Tribrid DKs Guide

Aiel

• Dagannoth kings now respawn more quickly. 
Just attempted a run on a 150 pop world (was previously able to do 1k pop worlds).  Supreme would respawn around the time I would have killed rex, let alone killing prime.  So much for tribridding...

what setup were you using?

A similar one to what's on the AOW guide.  Dual drygore, dual acb, and dual virtus with sea boots 4.  Overload, used turm, anguish, torment, and a scrimshaw of elements.

I hate jagex.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Just attempted a run on a 150 pop world (was previously able to do 1k pop worlds).  Supreme would respawn around the time I would have killed rex, let alone killing prime.  So much for tribridding...

A similar one to what's on the AOW guide.  Dual drygore, dual acb, and dual virtus with sea boots 4.  Overload, used turm, anguish, torment, and a scrimshaw of elements.

I hate jagex.

6K8UJ.png

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I hate jagex.

6K8UJ.png

That's even worse. They had no idea why players wanted faster spawn times, or how people are killing DKs. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I can only imagine that most of their feedback comes from people who do group activities more than solo, and no doubt that would benefit them more than soloers.

Bah. Before this update I was getting used to DKs using your guide. It was a wonderful resource and I hope they revert this soon.

hzvjpwS.gif

I hate jagex.

6K8UJ.png

That's even worse. They had no idea why players wanted faster spawn times, or how people are killing DKs.

Well I feel like it would be better if they reverted it back to the old spawn rates rather than what we have now.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

eh, averaging the two would probably be the best. A challenge to efficiently tribrid long trips at max stats, and good spawn rates for teams.

DM0Yq2c.png

My assumption was that people wanted the rates bumped a bit and they over compensated.  There aren't that many 1000 population worlds to use, especially during non-peak times (I found myself thinking that it would be nice if the respawn rate was buffed slightly, very slightly, for when I would be stuck on a lower population world).  The only people I see teaming are lower levels and I would be comfortable saying that the old respawn rate would have been sufficient.

Warpriest from the first World Event works really well at dks, i manage to stay there until i run out of prayer.

I just kill supreme first with devotion - lure rex and safespot - then with prime i use debilitate and freedom using protect magic.

EDIT: Also i use full warpriest of zamorak - dual drygore maces - staff of light - dual chaotic crossbows

- stats 99 str 91 att 99 def 90 range 99 magic 92 prayer.

I use overloads with ss mostly, i dont see the need to get turmoil or anything, using this method i made over 30m+ in 3 days at dks. ( 4 trips total)

Runescape is a haven..

• 2 weeks later...

anyone tried since todays update?

DM0Yq2c.png

they allegedly fixed the spawn timer

DM0Yq2c.png

Yes!  Haven't been on the forums in the past couple days or I would have mentioned.  From what I can tell, the spawn rate has been reverted to what it was.  Kings respawn at the part of the kill that we've been used to.  Did ~100 kills an hour on a 650 or so world, if I remember right.  (no task, full pernix, drygore, virtus, acb, etc)

Yes!  Haven't been on the forums in the past couple days or I would have mentioned.  From what I can tell, the spawn rate has been reverted to what it was.  Kings respawn at the part of the kill that we've been used to.  Did ~100 kills an hour on a 650 or so world, if I remember right.  (no task, full pernix, drygore, virtus, acb, etc)

I get a bit lower kills with zamorak warpriest dual dry maces, ccb and a staff of light? 

Which does mean for the lower levels to not be afraid of dks, you can still kill them effieciently with tier 80 weapons!

Runescape is a haven..

awesome! thank you!

I get a bit lower kills with zamorak warpriest dual dry maces, ccb and a staff of light? 

Which does mean for the lower levels to not be afraid of dks, you can still kill them effieciently with tier 80 weapons!

you really shouldn't use warpriest. There's zero advantages over karils if you have drygores. 

DM0Yq2c.png

awesome! thank you!

you really shouldn't use warpriest. There's zero advantages over karils if you have drygores. 

Yeeaah but I honestly don't want half my inventory to be pots and armour.. with not much food then a tort full of foood. I seem to do fine with warpriest without any hassles.

Runescape is a haven..

• 2 weeks later...

I went yesterday on a 300 population world with drygores, chaotic staff, and ascension crossbows, and the spawn rate was almost perfect. Only had to wait for rex to spawn occasionally - better than having two up at once, I'd say.

• Like 1

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

awesome! thank you!

Yeeaah but I honestly don't want half my inventory to be pots and armour.. with not much food then a tort full of foood. I seem to do fine with warpriest without any hassles.

you wouldn't need food if you used better armor. Also I don't recommend bringing armor switches if you have drygores and overloads. 

DM0Yq2c.png

Death lotus/karil is a perfectly fine combo. I was doing well in full karil.

Using a shield is a waste, don't even :P

I always bring full yak of rocktails(massive overkill) just in case bad things happen.

Penance aura + t3 reverence and ~5 super restores should do for prayer for a 2 hour trip(if you have no attention span for longer like me).

Were you using t90 or t80 weapons?

I went with the Death Lotus/Karil combo, and to be honest, i was not having a very easy time. Most of the time the next King would spawn about 2 or 3 attacks before i managed to kill the previous one. I couldn't rely on SS as main healing because i kept getting hit in the 1000's, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row. I felt like the damage i was doing wasn't enough to provide decent healing. After an hour i had already emptied my entire yak, and was relying on Shark drops.

My ability bars are as suggested. I was even in a low populated world at the time (~200 people).

Also, in the hour and a half trip i did, i managed to only kill 96 Kings. 

So i think either i'm doing something extremely wrong, or my weapons are duds.

Did you use abilities like Debiliatate? Or Anticipation? They both can be very helpful especially Deb.

Also on a side note, If i went in full death lotus using CCB's with Drygore Maces And A Sol? (if not a C staff) with Ovl's and Ss?

Would i be alright to not use food?

Runescape is a haven..

if you use the setup shown in the guide, you will be alright with the amount of food shown in the guide. I'd upgrade to at least an armadyl bstaff though, and maybe bring a mage top switch if you're having problems with your mage accuracy. 

EDIT: trade in your ccbows for tokens, get a royal crossbow and a chaotic staff. 

DM0Yq2c.png

Oh, I forgot to say this, but fantastic guide Aiel. Thank you for the effort put into it. Only thing I would suggest changing is to use the Sunshine ability instead of Metamorphosis now (it's more powerful than Meta as long as you don't move out of it which you should never have to, it's got a 3x3 radius so you can easily bind Rex and stay within the radius).

• Like 1

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

yeah. There's a few small changes that have come about since I quit that could probably use an updating. If someone (Q hint hint hint hint) wants to make a list of them, they're mostly ability related I think. Maybe I'll wait until there's a big change then just change it all at once. 

DM0Yq2c.png

Abbysal Wand/Orb>Arma Staff for those without cstaffs/virt/seis, and magic notepaper exists, so you can technically use a steel titan now...

Awesome guide, and looks like it'll be very helpful to those without much experience! :

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• 2 weeks later...