Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aiel's EoC Tribrid DKs Guide

Advice Boss Hunting Game Mechanics

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Brainymidget
  • Clan:SoDB

Wow, DK'ing sure has changed a good bit in the past few years.

Real nice guide though, even if I don't know what a lot of it means now :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
If you are telling us to wear ranged gloves/boots in order to maximize our Magic and Ranged defences, why aren't Glaiven boots and Tracking gloves even an option?
Wouldn't they give you more armour against Magic and Ranged than Pernix/Arma ones? Or is the damage increase from Pernix/Arma really important when killing Prime?

On a different note, would someone have the time to make a video guide based on this?
I think that having both a video guide and a written guide would help even more people, since some people (such as myself) would understand much better by seeing it in action instead of reading a text guide.

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan

at high stats the extra defense is not needed, so extra damage should be prioritized. As your safe kill speed (not getting spawned on to the point where you need food) is determined by your slowest king, by increasing your lowest combat styles DPS you increase your KPH more then the base percent increase in DPS would indicate, assuming you know what world population you can safely hold and can find a open world of the correct population.

Unfortunately Im not active, nor do I have a fast enough computer to make a video to accompany the guide. If someone else wants to (Ambler hint hint hint hint hint), much good juju will be sent their way.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I see.
Would Spined gloves/boots be worth using until I get enough money for at least Arma? Or should I make money elsewhere first and try only once I have Armadyl gloves/boots?

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Id probably use subj over spined. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

dilute atom
[ Display Name History ]

dilute atom

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Dilute Atom

Nice guide :D

Ty

Dilute_Atom.pngBro_U_Failxd.png

Lord_Kroll.pngBabs_00.png

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
new darts fall between chaotic and asc obviously. OH asc got worse, MH got better comparatively. New ring is probably worth using, new cape probably isnt. Sacrifice is worth using at the end of kills. /monthly guide update

DM0Yq2c.png

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod

Used guide. Wasn't even mad. 8/10 will maybe use again.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

8/10? I believe that means you owe me 80% of your hourly DK profits. PAY UP!

DM0Yq2c.png

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

someone with at least MH asc+pernix/DL+drygores+cstaff want to see if DKs are still possible to tribrid?

DM0Yq2c.png

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

• Dagannoth kings now respawn more quickly. 
Just attempted a run on a 150 pop world (was previously able to do 1k pop worlds).  Supreme would respawn around the time I would have killed rex, let alone killing prime.  So much for tribridding...

what setup were you using?

A similar one to what's on the AOW guide.  Dual drygore, dual acb, and dual virtus with sea boots 4.  Overload, used turm, anguish, torment, and a scrimshaw of elements.

I hate jagex.

DM0Yq2c.png

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik

Just attempted a run on a 150 pop world (was previously able to do 1k pop worlds).  Supreme would respawn around the time I would have killed rex, let alone killing prime.  So much for tribridding...

A similar one to what's on the AOW guide.  Dual drygore, dual acb, and dual virtus with sea boots 4.  Overload, used turm, anguish, torment, and a scrimshaw of elements.

I hate jagex.

6K8UJ.png

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

I hate jagex.

6K8UJ.png

That's even worse. They had no idea why players wanted faster spawn times, or how people are killing DKs. 

DM0Yq2c.png

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
I can only imagine that most of their feedback comes from people who do group activities more than solo, and no doubt that would benefit them more than soloers.

Bah. Before this update I was getting used to DKs using your guide. It was a wonderful resource and I hope they revert this soon.

hzvjpwS.gif

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik

I hate jagex.

6K8UJ.png

That's even worse. They had no idea why players wanted faster spawn times, or how people are killing DKs.

Well I feel like it would be better if they reverted it back to the old spawn rates rather than what we have now.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

eh, averaging the two would probably be the best. A challenge to efficiently tribrid long trips at max stats, and good spawn rates for teams.

DM0Yq2c.png

yuyuhakush13
[ Display Name History ]

yuyuhakush13

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • RSN:yuusuke-u

My assumption was that people wanted the rates bumped a bit and they over compensated.  There aren't that many 1000 population worlds to use, especially during non-peak times (I found myself thinking that it would be nice if the respawn rate was buffed slightly, very slightly, for when I would be stuck on a lower population world).  The only people I see teaming are lower levels and I would be comfortable saying that the old respawn rate would have been sufficient.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Then make it instanced but leave the solo players alooonneeeeeeee

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • RSN:Caameron
  • Clan:Blessed Souls

Warpriest from the first World Event works really well at dks, i manage to stay there until i run out of prayer.

I just kill supreme first with devotion - lure rex and safespot - then with prime i use debilitate and freedom using protect magic.

EDIT: Also i use full warpriest of zamorak - dual drygore maces - staff of light - dual chaotic crossbows

- stats 99 str 91 att 99 def 90 range 99 magic 92 prayer.

I use overloads with ss mostly, i dont see the need to get turmoil or anything, using this method i made over 30m+ in 3 days at dks. ( 4 trips total)

Runescape is a haven..

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • RSN:Caameron
  • Clan:Blessed Souls

That doesn't actually work now seeming as they updated the spawn timer, really really do hope they revert that!

Runescape is a haven..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Advice, Boss Hunting, Game Mechanics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users