Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aiel's EoC Tribrid DKs Guide

Advice Boss Hunting Game Mechanics

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan

anyone tried since todays update?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Caameron
  • Clan:Blessed Souls

anyone tried since todays update?

What was todays update? i can't even get on the website cause of a filter. -.-

Runescape is a haven..

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

they allegedly fixed the spawn timer

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

yuyuhakush13
[ Display Name History ]

yuyuhakush13

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • RSN:yuusuke-u

Yes!  Haven't been on the forums in the past couple days or I would have mentioned.  From what I can tell, the spawn rate has been reverted to what it was.  Kings respawn at the part of the kill that we've been used to.  Did ~100 kills an hour on a 650 or so world, if I remember right.  (no task, full pernix, drygore, virtus, acb, etc)

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts

Yes!  Haven't been on the forums in the past couple days or I would have mentioned.  From what I can tell, the spawn rate has been reverted to what it was.  Kings respawn at the part of the kill that we've been used to.  Did ~100 kills an hour on a 650 or so world, if I remember right.  (no task, full pernix, drygore, virtus, acb, etc)

I get a bit lower kills with zamorak warpriest dual dry maces, ccb and a staff of light? 

Which does mean for the lower levels to not be afraid of dks, you can still kill them effieciently with tier 80 weapons!

Runescape is a haven..

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

awesome! thank you!

I get a bit lower kills with zamorak warpriest dual dry maces, ccb and a staff of light? 

Which does mean for the lower levels to not be afraid of dks, you can still kill them effieciently with tier 80 weapons!

you really shouldn't use warpriest. There's zero advantages over karils if you have drygores. 

DM0Yq2c.png

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts

awesome! thank you!

you really shouldn't use warpriest. There's zero advantages over karils if you have drygores. 

Yeeaah but I honestly don't want half my inventory to be pots and armour.. with not much food then a tort full of foood. I seem to do fine with warpriest without any hassles.

Runescape is a haven..

J a m e s
[ Display Name History ]

J a m e s

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I went yesterday on a 300 population world with drygores, chaotic staff, and ascension crossbows, and the spawn rate was almost perfect. Only had to wait for rex to spawn occasionally - better than having two up at once, I'd say.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

awesome! thank you!

Yeeaah but I honestly don't want half my inventory to be pots and armour.. with not much food then a tort full of foood. I seem to do fine with warpriest without any hassles.

you wouldn't need food if you used better armor. Also I don't recommend bringing armor switches if you have drygores and overloads. 

DM0Yq2c.png

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts

Death lotus/karil is a perfectly fine combo. I was doing well in full karil.

Using a shield is a waste, don't even :P

I always bring full yak of rocktails(massive overkill) just in case bad things happen.

Penance aura + t3 reverence and ~5 super restores should do for prayer for a 2 hour trip(if you have no attention span for longer like me).

Were you using t90 or t80 weapons?

I went with the Death Lotus/Karil combo, and to be honest, i was not having a very easy time. Most of the time the next King would spawn about 2 or 3 attacks before i managed to kill the previous one. I couldn't rely on SS as main healing because i kept getting hit in the 1000's, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row. I felt like the damage i was doing wasn't enough to provide decent healing. After an hour i had already emptied my entire yak, and was relying on Shark drops.

My ability bars are as suggested. I was even in a low populated world at the time (~200 people).

Also, in the hour and a half trip i did, i managed to only kill 96 Kings. 

So i think either i'm doing something extremely wrong, or my weapons are duds.

Did you use abilities like Debiliatate? Or Anticipation? They both can be very helpful especially Deb.

Also on a side note, If i went in full death lotus using CCB's with Drygore Maces And A Sol? (if not a C staff) with Ovl's and Ss?
Would i be alright to not use food?

Runescape is a haven..

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

if you use the setup shown in the guide, you will be alright with the amount of food shown in the guide. I'd upgrade to at least an armadyl bstaff though, and maybe bring a mage top switch if you're having problems with your mage accuracy. 

EDIT: trade in your ccbows for tokens, get a royal crossbow and a chaotic staff. 

DM0Yq2c.png

J a m e s
[ Display Name History ]

J a m e s

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Oh, I forgot to say this, but fantastic guide Aiel. Thank you for the effort put into it. Only thing I would suggest changing is to use the Sunshine ability instead of Metamorphosis now (it's more powerful than Meta as long as you don't move out of it which you should never have to, it's got a 3x3 radius so you can easily bind Rex and stay within the radius).

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

yeah. There's a few small changes that have come about since I quit that could probably use an updating. If someone (Q hint hint hint hint) wants to make a list of them, they're mostly ability related I think. Maybe I'll wait until there's a big change then just change it all at once. 

DM0Yq2c.png

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.

Abbysal Wand/Orb>Arma Staff for those without cstaffs/virt/seis, and magic notepaper exists, so you can technically use a steel titan now...

Awesome guide, and looks like it'll be very helpful to those without much experience! :

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

RIP Archer O.o

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

gago
[ Display Name History ]

gago

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RSN:gago
  • RSN2:GAG0

Some manipulation clan decided to buy a bunch of them and sell low.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

Stats

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 409 posts
Read Item Discussion... Not what happened and hopefully everything will be fine with them now.

gago
[ Display Name History ]

gago

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RSN:gago
  • RSN2:GAG0

I was misinformed then, sorry :P Someone in the clan was talking about it, must have missed a(big) part of the conversation ;)

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

Stats

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Wow thanks Aiel for the guide. Im not exactly that great at being efficient with dks, but im at a good start. So far im doing pretty good with death lotus, drygores, royal cb, and cs.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Thanks Urza! I've been completely inactive since May due to computer issues and relatively inactive since December, but I finally have a new computer, so if anyone has any upgrades I've missed, I would be happy to add them!

DM0Yq2c.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Advice, Boss Hunting, Game Mechanics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users