Treevolution - High-Level Trees

Nobody

Crystal looks like it's in the 100k-140k xp/hour range

Needs more testing, but it could be better than pines.

The good scrimshaw doesn't work, though :/

Wrong, the scrimshaw does effect it work, it can disturb implings as well as increase the chances of geode drops :twisted:

VICTORY IS MINE

Reference to the "good" scrimshaw being the one that provides more exp vs the one that increases the drops.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Wrong, the scrimshaw does effect it work, it can disturb implings as well as increase the chances of geode drops :twisted:

VICTORY IS MINE

Reference to the "good" scrimshaw being the one that provides more exp vs the one that increases the drops.

Good is subjective, I consider the drop increase one to b e better.

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

VICTORY IS MINE

Except it's not

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

VICTORY IS MINE

It's objectively bad.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

So I did some research in to the directions crystal trees lean to indicate the active tree, it seems Brimhaven and Seers are the best two to head for to find a tree as both give 5 different directions for the 6 other trees, plus are very near teleports

Grand Tree and Observatory lag behind with 4 directions and not so close to teles.

Yanille, Falador and Lighthouse bring up the rear each giving only 2 directions and being increasingly far from teleports.

Brimhaven - Right by Brimhaven houseport, 5 directions.

1. North and east = Falador
  2. South and west = Yanille
  3. West = Observatory
  4. North and west = Grand Tree, Lighthouse
  5. North = Seers

Seers - Moderately close to Seers lode or Cammy tele, 5 directions.

1. South and east = Falador
  2. South = Brimhaven
  3. South and west = Yanille, Observatory
  4. West = Grand Tree
  5. North and west = Lighthouse

Grand Tree - Moderately close to spirit tree, 4 directions.

1. South and east = Falador, Brimhaven, Yanille
  2. South = Observatory
  3. North and east = Lighthouse
  4. East = Seers

Observatory - Moderately close to cwars, 4 directions.

1. North and east = Falador, Lighthouse, Seers
  2. East = Brimhaven
  3. South and east = Yanille
  4. North = Grand Tree

Yanille - Moderately close to lodestone, 2 directions.

1. North and west = Observatory, Grand Tree
  2. North and east = Falador, Brimhaven, Lighthouse, Seers

Falador - Fair distance from lodestones and direct teleport, 2 directions.

1. South and west = Brimhaven, Yanille, Observatory
  2. North and west = Grand Tree, Lighthouse, Seers

Lighthouse - Long run from any teleport, 2 directions.

1. South and east = Falador, Brimhaven, Seers
  2. South and west = Yanille, Observatory, Grand Tree

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I like the dark bow getting a boost.

Its a unique weapon right now since it still launches two arrows and everything is pretty much cookie cutter level means everything crap.

I'd rather it be level 75 or 80 though.

We already have level 70 crystal bow.

Are the elder trees worth chopping for wood to fletch and high alch?

I wonder if they will let divination transmute your magics into elders...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Lackluster update IMO, would have been much better if they scaled down the Woodcutting levels required to cut every current tree, then added new trees from Lv.60-90.

For example, make it so you need Lv. 50 Woodcutting to cut Magic trees and Lv. 50 Fletching to fletch Magic bows, then add Elder tree as a Lv. 60 tree to make the Lv. 60 Elder bows with Lv. 60 Fletching and so on.

Have Crystal tree at Lv. 70, giving you Crystal seeds which you could fletch into bows (Both shortbow and shieldbow, make Dark bow a Lv. 80 shieldbow) with a special elven fletching knife.

Then have a Lv. 80 tree that would give you Lv. 80 logs that would be purely used for Firemaking (maybe something else too, but I don't have an idea yet) and a Lv. 90 tree that would serve the same purpose as Crystal trees do currently.

• Like 1

I like the dark bow getting a boost.

Its a unique weapon right now since it still launches two arrows and everything is pretty much cookie cutter level means everything crap.

I'd rather it be level 75 or 80 though.

We already have level 70 crystal bow.

The fact crystal bow is lvl 70 means dark bow has lvl 70 makes perfect sense.

Each tier of arrow weapons has a shortbow (aka 2h tier dmg) and a shieldbow (aka 1h tier dmg with added def and shield abilities)

Prior to this T60 has a shieldbow and nothing else, T70 had a shortbow and nothing else.

This change killed two birds with 1 stone.

It created a complete T60 arrow pair and by hoisting dark bow up completed the T70 arrow pair.

The only remaining loophole in the existing arrow setups now is the lack of a t80 shieldbow.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I take back what I said, from what I can tell bonus xp is now used at 2x instead of 1.5x for some things. This means you get less base xp for the same bonus xp. Ie if it took you 1 pendant before to get 100k xp it will now take 1.5 pendants.

So, getting the extra exp quicker is bad? You'd use up the pendant quicker however you're still getting the same bonus exp.

Its the lack of base xp that your losing. In my example before the update you would get 66k base xp and 33k bonus xp, in the new way you would get 50k base xp and 50k bonus xp. Which means you need more pendants for the same xp, a very subtle change that most people wont notice but it will entice some to buy more spins to reach the same goals.

To further expand, pre update it took 57 pendants from level 93 - 99, it now requires 86 pendants.

Let's say you have a pendant that gives 10k xp. You can get xp at a rate of 20kph normally. With the pendant multiplying by 1.5x, it will take 1h to use it up, and you would get 30k xp. If the pendant multiplied by 2x instead, it would take 30min to use it up, but after 1h you'd still have gained 30k xp. If you had a lot of pendants, the 2x multiplier would give you 40kxph and the 1.5x would give 30kxph. All that the 1.5x multiplier is doing is dragging out the time it lasts, not increasing the xp you gain from it.

You could still get level 93 - 99 with 57 pendants, in fact it would be the same exact speed as with the 1.5x multiplier, but now with the 2x multiplier, you could technically get it even FASTER by using 86 pendants.

But good catch with the "it's a plot to make you buy more spins".

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

VICTORY IS MINE

You forgot who posted that.

Also, I'm not sure that the tree shaking one is even profitable

I used about half of my (superior) scrim up. Lots and lots of gems and plenty of implings, but unless you get lucky, most impling drops are near worthless.

Added to the fact that pop thread said ~100k a few days (or 2 weeks?) ago and I talked to people saying they put in an offer for 1m and it wasn't buying...

I take back what I said, from what I can tell bonus xp is now used at 2x instead of 1.5x for some things. This means you get less base xp for the same bonus xp. Ie if it took you 1 pendant before to get 100k xp it will now take 1.5 pendants.

So, getting the extra exp quicker is bad? You'd use up the pendant quicker however you're still getting the same bonus exp.

Its the lack of base xp that your losing. In my example before the update you would get 66k base xp and 33k bonus xp, in the new way you would get 50k base xp and 50k bonus xp. Which means you need more pendants for the same xp, a very subtle change that most people wont notice but it will entice some to buy more spins to reach the same goals.

To further expand, pre update it took 57 pendants from level 93 - 99, it now requires 86 pendants.

You might need more pendants for the same XP, but remember that with the x2 multiplier you get faster XP also, so it should even out with the increased amount of pendants

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

And that is also assuming you want the effect of the bonus XP from now till level 99 nonestop, and besides you are comparing the number of NORMAL pre-update pendants to number of Prized pre-update pendants scaled to yield the same amount of XP as pre-update pendants, which is not a really valid comparison

If you compared the time which you get the 99 with 57 pendants before or after the update, you would at the very least get them at the same time. If anything, the update decreased the amount of time you get to reach your goal with the same amount of pendants, because the xp is 2x now instead of 1.5x, so you'll get your intermittent levels faster. This is important for skills that increase in speed gradually or at a specific level (such as any of the primary skills or especially Div).

Regardless of how one looks at the update, I don't think there is anything possible to say bad about it beyond the complaints against free XP.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Elder logs are a firemaking daily. My gf just got it. Possible they're a fletching daily as well? Suppose it'll give incentive for someone to cut, at least.

Yea they're a fletching challenge too, I got 336 Elder shortbows to make.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I've been thinking about the crystal trees and wondering about lore related ties in to do with the history of the elves and Seren.

I mean we know there are 7 major elf clans and that prior to their retreat they did venture into the eastern regions of the continent more.

Edgeville ruins had some references to elves previously

Baxtorian region was know to have elf ties.

Elf scouts have been seen around Ardougne region in Meeting History.

Then consider the 7 trees locations, I wonder if they tie in to the 'hubs' as it were of the 7 clans at some point before they made Priffndas

The Observatory one is quite close to the cave route to Lleyta we discovered in Prisoner of Glouphrie so could easily be part of the general elf area in years bygone.

By the same notion Yanille is not too far away either.

Then the Grand Tree and Light House trees surround the Baxtorian Falls area quite nicely.

Ardougne makes an obvious sailing point to reach Brimhaven, hence the port, which would also give a solid reason for elves to be traversing where the farm from Meeting History is placed - heading from the Baxtorian regions towards the port.

Then Seers is a bit of an outlayer, perhaps a more adventurous clan who were on the heels of those at Falador/Edgeville region

Very waffly and speculative but essentially I wonder if the crystal trees (and maybe the elders too) have links to elven history in Gielinor and in some way mark places of import to the 7 major elf clans we are aware of.

Though what strikes me as particularly curious with the crystal trees is since they quite clearly must relate to Seren, if not the elves as well, in some way why exactly are none of them in the elf lands where Seren was shut away with her people before she did the whole shattering thing at the end of the god wars?

Plv6Dz6.jpg