Missing, Presumed Death

Nobody

I think Sliske is mainly looking to clear the stage of gods at this point. Best-case scenario, he gets to become the only god on Gielinor with no additional effort. Worst-case scenario, he gets to become a god and has to kill the others himself. I doubt that even Saradomin could stand up to ascended Sliske using Staff and Stone, given that Sliske is a much more gifted strategist.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'm suprised no one has simply just registered Brassica Prime as their desire for comedy in the whole seriousness of the 6th age. I mean come on jagex always has some kind of comedic slip in everything they do.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A bit off topic but I think an idea for a minigame that would be kinda cool/interesting would be one where Icthlairn asks you to help ferry people to the underworld because he was hurt in this quest and needs time to recover. It would be like the temple trekking minigame but maybe every now and then you meet someone from the eastern lands and learn some lore from them or the odd person from other planes who have come to rest in this underworld (since some people here are from different planes why can't some of the people on other plans be from this plane? )

That's a really good idea
There can't really be people on other planes from Gielinor because Gielinor had no native intelligent species gods brought them all here; then with the world gate and such lost we haven't had access to travel to other worlds for a long time aside from the odd small world that is utterly dead (Kethsi etc) so as it stands logically speaking there can be no-one who thinks of Gielinor as home (enough to make them come to its underworld opposed to the one for the plane they are in) who isn't already on Gielinor.
That's true but maybe a god (or someone else) brought them there while investigating other planes for their armies, elder items or whatever and they either got left behind or stayed there for w/e reason. If Jagex wanted to I'm sure they could come up with something to explain them there.

The further we get in to the sixth age the more plausible it becomes, but as it stands the idea of a god taking them there has the same issue. The gods were last able to influence Gielinor to long ago for any of them to still be alive and currently they seem more concerned with getting here than taking folks elsewhere, and any they do take elsewhere are unlikely to of had time to die.

It'd certainly be an interesting theme, but it'd be tricky to pull off before later sixth age/seventh age (Mod Mark and/or Mod Osbourne has mentioned they can foresee Gielinor entering a 7th age at some point during game time so not entirely impossible). On that note I do wonder if we are going to see the ages changing more swiftly now (still talking in years), I mean in general they have been getting shorter. 1st was roughly 4000, Zaros Empire in 2nd lasted 2,000 so 2nd age is 2000+, 3rd Ages lasted 4,000, 4th was 2,000, 5th was 169.

And since the ages are marked by big events the gods being back with us to protect the world we could easily see something worthy of an age change quite quickly.

I mean 2nd Age began because Gods arrived (other than Guthix and Seren)

3rd because Zaros 'died' and war began

4th because Guthix ended the war.

5th because the spread of runes led to human dominance and the restoration of civilisation opposed to tribes.

6th because Guthix died.

If we kill off a few gods, discover an elder god or see a new god rise quite rapidly all could be cause to proclaim a 7th age.

But this has gotten a bit rambly tangental...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think Sliske is mainly looking to clear the stage of gods at this point. Best-case scenario, he gets to become the only god on Gielinor with no additional effort. Worst-case scenario, he gets to become a god and has to kill the others himself. I doubt that even Saradomin could stand up to ascended Sliske using Staff and Stone, given that Sliske is a much more gifted strategist.

But Saradomin is no Bandos, or some fool, either. He's the God of Wisdom and he's been in battle with other gods for thousands of years, after all. I am sure he knows something about strategy. Also, Sliske is portrayed to be intelligent at pulling twists and pranks on people; that's not something that can be of much use once a one-on-one confrontation has started -- it might help before to lay some trap, but certainly not afterwards or during. The only thing that he has that would really make him dangerous is the Shadow Realm, and that's unclear, how it would work on other gods. 

Also, as we already know, that even the Stone of Jas + Staff don't grant infinite power. Zamorak, with both was still basically handedly almost defeated by Zaros; he 'won'/ascended, by a total fluke. Then even though he had ascended by draining the life force of the second most powerful Younger God of the time (Zaros), and whilst also himself being the most powerful Mahjarrat of his time pre-ascension, and while still having the Stone + Staff -- all of that, and he only managed to be on an equal footing with Saradomin in the God Wars, not of a greater footing. 

So the assumption that Sliske is as strong as the other gods -- which I don't think you're making, but others seem to be -- just because he has the Staff + Stone, is unfounded. Sliske may be more intelligent, cunning at least, but on the power scale, I don't think he would approach Saradomin/Zamorak (Tier 3) levels yet. He may acheive Bandos/Armadyl (Tier 4) levels, but even that is doubtful -- even those two have had thousands of years as ascended gods to practice and develop their powers.

I find that people overrate Sliske's capacities. He's not nearly as powerful yet as some people think, and he is not necessarily supremely brilliant either -- he's a trickster, and a reckless one at that. He has cunning, but by no means is it far and away superior to the intelligence of various other people in the lore. 

I have a theory regarding the events of MPD...

What if Sliske is one elaborate puppet in Zaros' master plan. Firstly they both reside in the shadow realm ( as far as I can recall) so it would be easy to use Zaros' immense power to take control of Sliske, it would explain how Sliske happened to come into control of the Staff of Armadyl, be able to teleport in and kill Guthix releasing the edicts to allow the Gods' Return. Zaros' invovlement also explains how Sliske had the knowledge/power to a) find the stone of jas b) capture and hold a dragonkin and finally capture Death. This sets Zaros/Sliske up perfectly to begin the events of MPD.

Zaros' knowledge of the God's and our character would've helped Sliske set up the elaborate murder mystery to drag in Icthlarin (who shares a mental link to us), Saradomin and Seren also. And based on Zaros' past experiences with Zamorak he knew announcing Sliske's grand ascension would draw him in.

Zaros' puppetery of Sliske would also explain why he gave us the key to release Death after his grand announcement and also explain the purple haze in the Zarosian podium allowing him to exert enough control over Sliske, the dragonkin and Death until he saw it fit to relinquish control and retreat to the shadow realm with Sliske.

I theorise Zaros' master plan is to have the other God's slaughter each other in chase of the main prize the stone of Jas. Then as the eclipse happens it will serve as a portal to the Shadow Realm large enough for Zaros to return just as he allows Sliske to attain godhood by slaying the last God standing and absorbing all the other Gods' powers in the process. But I see Zaros ultimately betraying Sliske and slaying and absorbing Sliske's powers and being ultimately powerful once more.

Feel free to critique ^^

• Like 2

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

If that were to be a possible outcome in the future... I would not complain. Some sort of world event would be a fun way to finish it.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Also, as we already know, that even the Stone of Jas + Staff don't grant infinite power. Zamorak, with both was still basically handedly almost defeated by Zaros; he 'won'/ascended, by a total fluke. Then even though he had ascended by draining the life force of the second most powerful Younger God of the time (Zaros), and whilst also himself being the most powerful Mahjarrat of his time pre-ascension, and while still having the Stone + Staff -- all of that, and he only managed to be on an equal footing with Saradomin in the God Wars, not of a greater footing. 

So the assumption that Sliske is as strong as the other gods -- which I don't think you're making, but others seem to be -- just because he has the Staff + Stone, is unfounded. Sliske may be more intelligent, cunning at least, but on the power scale, I don't think he would approach Saradomin/Zamorak (Tier 3) levels yet. He may acheive Bandos/Armadyl (Tier 4) levels, but even that is doubtful -- even those two have had thousands of years as ascended gods to practice and develop their powers.

I find that people overrate Sliske's capacities. He's not nearly as powerful yet as some people think, and he is not necessarily supremely brilliant either -- he's a trickster, and a reckless one at that. He has cunning, but by no means is it far and away superior to the intelligence of various other people in the lore.

If Sliske ascends using the power of the Stone and Staff, he will defeat Saradomin, I think. If he confronts Saradomin as Mahjarrat, using Staff and Stone, he won't win, just like Zamorak almost didn't.

Sliske currently has the momentum and element of surprise, plus that the Shadow Realm is almost exclusively his domain - apparently even the Dragonkin are not so powerful there. In addition, Sliske is far more ruthless - he kidnaps Death, even - and far more flexible - he claims and releases the Citadel as the situation demands - which make him harder to fight. I think this is like many of the wars we've seen in the past fifty to sixty years, e.g. USA in Vietnam, USSR in Afghanistan, USA in Iraq - a superpower enters an area unfamiliar to them, fights a bloody war versus an intangible enemy - with increasing desperation - and is eventually driven off with loss of strength and face. This time, the guerillas have a nuke or two, hidden in the jungle. Small wonder that the gods are unwilling to charge in.

@Ruinous Edge: That's always a possibility. Zaros' powers and methods are defined in such a way that he could always be pulling the strings on anything :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I have a theory regarding the events of MPD...

What if Sliske is one elaborate puppet in Zaros' master plan. Firstly they both reside in the shadow realm ( as far as I can recall) so it would be easy to use Zaros' immense power to take control of Sliske, it would explain how Sliske happened to come into control of the Staff of Armadyl, be able to teleport in and kill Guthix releasing the edicts to allow the Gods' Return. Zaros' invovlement also explains how Sliske had the knowledge/power to a) find the stone of jas b) capture and hold a dragonkin and finally capture Death. This sets Zaros/Sliske up perfectly to begin the events of MPD.

Zaros' knowledge of the God's and our character would've helped Sliske set up the elaborate murder mystery to drag in Icthlarin (who shares a mental link to us), Saradomin and Seren also. And based on Zaros' past experiences with Zamorak he knew announcing Sliske's grand ascension would draw him in.

Zaros' puppetery of Sliske would also explain why he gave us the key to release Death after his grand announcement and also explain the purple haze in the Zarosian podium allowing him to exert enough control over Sliske, the dragonkin and Death until he saw it fit to relinquish control and retreat to the shadow realm with Sliske.

I theorise Zaros' master plan is to have the other God's slaughter each other in chase of the main prize the stone of Jas. Then as the eclipse happens it will serve as a portal to the Shadow Realm large enough for Zaros to return just as he allows Sliske to attain godhood by slaying the last God standing and absorbing all the other Gods' powers in the process. But I see Zaros ultimately betraying Sliske and slaying and absorbing Sliske's powers and being ultimately powerful once more.

Feel free to critique ^^

Your theory has holes in it where you've made massive leaps with little to no evidence or reason and in some cases is kinda contradictory to what we know.

Whilst Zaros was a master of the Shadow realm he is not currently there, so it would not be simple for him to take control of Sliske with the edicts in place especially as from what we've been told each world has a Shadow realm, just like each has an underworld. So you can assume the Edicts extended to the shadow realm, just like it covered Zanaris.

It does nothing to explain how he got the Staff of Armadyl, the Dragonkin had it and Sliske got it from them. Nothing Zaros requiring in that and nothing Zaros could've done from behind the Edicts.

It does nothing to explain how he 'teleported in' to kill Guthix. TWW clearly show us he could not get in until we opened it and then he used the commotion of the fighting to get to the final chamber. Plus Guthix openly told us he knew what was going to happen and let it. If anything Guthix had more to do with Sliske getting in than Zaros.

Zaros involvement does nothing to explain capturing a dragonkin, finding the stone or capturing Death. Everything we've been shown of Death suggests he is not particularly powerful, capturing him does not seem to be a particularly epic feat, especially for a trickster like Sliske. Zaros involvement can't explain finding the stone, he's just a Tier 3 disembodied spirit god at the moment, he can no more locate the stone than any of the other gods can. I mean if Saradomin can't manage it with the Crown Archival why would a weakened, off-world god be able to? Equally it doesn't explain anything to do with capturing a dragonkin. We know nothing of how the gods can deal with dragonkin, for all we know they are just as powerless as us. The only person we know to have had any success is Robert the Strong.

Plus I don't think it does anything to explain giving us the key or the purple haze.

Sliske wanted all the major gods there to witness the rules of his game, with communications already established to Zaros in Sennistein and the edicts fallen it is not exactly rocket science to open another portal if you have the power.

Plus Sliske gave us the key because he had no further use for Death. Death was merely a ploy to get Icthalarin to attend and as far as I can tell Sliske wouldn't do to well without Death working. He uses wights after all which as essentially souls he has trapped, by that logic he would need Death to be severing the connection to the body in order for his wights to be remotely mobile and useful.

It's certainly a possiblity that Zaros and Sliske are in league, but what we've been shown so far doesn't really prove it at all.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also, as we already know, that even the Stone of Jas + Staff don't grant infinite power. Zamorak, with both was still basically handedly almost defeated by Zaros; he 'won'/ascended, by a total fluke. Then even though he had ascended by draining the life force of the second most powerful Younger God of the time (Zaros), and whilst also himself being the most powerful Mahjarrat of his time pre-ascension, and while still having the Stone + Staff -- all of that, and he only managed to be on an equal footing with Saradomin in the God Wars, not of a greater footing. 

If Sliske ascends using the power of the Stone and Staff, he will defeat Saradomin, I think. If he confronts Saradomin as Mahjarrat, using Staff and Stone, he won't win, just like Zamorak almost didn't.

Sliske currently has the momentum and element of surprise, plus that the Shadow Realm is almost exclusively his domain - apparently even the Dragonkin are not so powerful there. In addition, Sliske is far more ruthless - he kidnaps Death, even - and far more flexible - he claims and releases the Citadel as the situation demands - which make him harder to fight. I think this is like many of the wars we've seen in the past fifty to sixty years, e.g. USA in Vietnam, USSR in Afghanistan, USA in Iraq - a superpower enters an area unfamiliar to them, fights a bloody war versus an intangible enemy - with increasing desperation - and is eventually driven off with loss of strength and face. This time, the guerillas have a nuke or two, hidden in the jungle. Small wonder that the gods are unwilling to charge in.

@Ruinous Edge: That's always a possibility. Zaros' powers and methods are defined in such a way that he could always be pulling the strings on anything :P.

Even if he ascends, it is indeterminate what Tier of Godhood he will find himself in. It is certainly not clear or obvious to me that he would find himself immediately on a Tier 3 level right after ascending -- that to me seems highly unlikely, if anything.

Sliske is ruthless, but so is Zamorak (who is on equal footing, or was pre-BoL, with Saradomin), in fact Zamorak seems to thrive in struggle - his motto is "strength through chaos [struggle]" after all. Similarly, Saradomin is also ruthless; he basically genocides the Naragi all because they refuse to worship him. He also creates the three Saradomin necklaces in order to slyly manipulate and control the thoughts of his enemies -- seems like brilliant strategy to me. He's also not extremely inflexible. He's arrogant and self-righteous, but he seems to have adopted to various situations quite well (Zaros, fall of Zaros/rise of Zammy, God Wars, etc.) Also, Saradomin has the Crown, which would let him locate Sliske no matter where he goes (because has 2 Elder items).  

So, all I am saying is, if a confrontation were to occur, it is not certain at all who would win, and it's a bit presumptious to assume that Sliske would easily outmatch Saradomin. In fact, experience suggests that Saradomin would have the edge, in that he actually engaged in direct confrontations with extremely powerful Gods (Zamorak, BoL) in the past and managed to hold his own. Something Sliske has never really been able to do.

• Like 1

Even if he ascends, it is indeterminate what Tier of Godhood he will find himself in. It is certainly not clear or obvious to me that he would find himself immediately on a Tier 3 level right after ascending -- that to me seems highly unlikely, if anything.

Sliske is ruthless, but so is Zamorak (who is on equal footing, or was pre-BoL, with Saradomin), in fact Zamorak seems to thrive in struggle - his motto is "strength through chaos [struggle]" after all. Similarly, Saradomin is also ruthless; he basically genocides the Naragi all because they refuse to worship him. He also creates the three Saradomin necklaces in order to slyly manipulate and control the thoughts of his enemies -- seems like brilliant strategy to me. He's also not extremely inflexible. He's arrogant and self-righteous, but he seems to have adopted to various situations quite well (Zaros, fall of Zaros/rise of Zammy, God Wars, etc.) Also, Saradomin has the Crown, which would let him locate Sliske no matter where he goes (because has 2 Elder items).  

So, all I am saying is, if a confrontation were to occur, it is not certain at all who would win, and it's a bit presumptious to assume that Sliske would easily outmatch Saradomin. In fact, experience suggests that Saradomin would have the edge, in that he actually engaged in direct confrontations with extremely powerful Gods (Zamorak, BoL) in the past and managed to hold his own. Something Sliske has never really been able to do.

It doesn't matter what tier of godhood he would be. Right now he is the most powerful being in existence because he can effectively control everyone else's actions. He doesn't need to confront any god individually; it'd be stupid for another god to fight him.

Also Saradomin would only be able to tell if Sliske's artefacts are in the shadow realm or Gielinor, and they're quite obviously in the shadow realm.

• Like 2

It doesn't matter what tier of godhood he would be. Right now he is the most powerful being in existence because he can effectively control everyone else's actions. He doesn't need to confront any god individually; it'd be stupid for another god to fight him.

Also Saradomin would only be able to tell if Sliske's artefacts are in the shadow realm or Gielinor, and they're quite obviously in the shadow realm.

I disagree entirely with your assertion that he can control the actions of everyone else. The only bargaining chip Sliske has is that he has claimed that he will award the Stone of Jas to whoever plays his game and wins it. It's such an obviously easy decision, that only a fool would believe it. All the Gods present are hesitant to partake in his game, and in fact explicitly state no. Sliske is known to be power-hungry, and a pathological liar who is completely untrustworthy. Why would anyone believe that Sliske would simply hand over the Stone to whoever wins? It's such an obvious ploy to turn the other gods against each other and eliminate them. So I say, what control? In fact, Jagex needs to introduce some other element/reason as to why the other gods agree to partake in this world event; at the moment it's a major plot-hole to simply suggest that they are doing it because they genuinely think Sliske will hand them the Stone.

I do agree that Sliske can hide away and sort of bide his time, however, what I am suggesting is that he in a direct confrontation, if it does happen, Sliske does not have the power, yet, to defeat the established gods who have had thousands of years in ascension and with their powers.

From my understanding, the Crown gives locating powers to the users, and others, it is at least possible (though not probable, and thus merely speculation) that it would allow Saradomin to lead him to its exact location, or at least a relatively close location within the Shadow Realm.

Well, you see, your entire point hinges on the gods not playing Sliske's game.

If you would like the see the error in your logic, here is an experiment you can do in real life:

1. Get 4 or more people and sit them down at a table
  2. Place a ten dollar bill in the center of the table
  3. Tell them that if no one touches the money for two minutes, everyone gets $3. However, until the two minutes elapse, anyone can grab the money and have it all to themselves
  4. If you'd like, you can use an object redeemable for the $10 to add an element of trust to the experiment.
  • Like 3

Damn it Hedge, I wanted to bring up the prisoner's dilemma!

I disagree entirely with your assertion that he can control the actions of everyone else. The only bargaining chip Sliske has is that he has claimed that he will award the Stone of Jas to whoever plays his game and wins it. It's such an obviously easy decision, that only a fool would believe it. All the Gods present are hesitant to partake in his game, and in fact explicitly state no. Sliske is known to be power-hungry, and a pathological liar who is completely untrustworthy. Why would anyone believe that Sliske would simply hand over the Stone to whoever wins? It's such an obvious ploy to turn the other gods against each other and eliminate them. So I say, what control? In fact, Jagex needs to introduce some other element/reason as to why the other gods agree to partake in this world event; at the moment it's a major plot-hole to simply suggest that they are doing it because they genuinely think Sliske will hand them the Stone.

I do agree that Sliske can hide away and sort of bide his time, however, what I am suggesting is that he in a direct confrontation, if it does happen, Sliske does not have the power, yet, to defeat the established gods who have had thousands of years in ascension and with their powers.

From my understanding, the Crown gives locating powers to the users, and others, it is at least possible (though not probable, and thus merely speculation) that it would allow Saradomin to lead him to its exact location, or at least a relatively close location within the Shadow Realm.

I read it as a sort of cold war/prisoner's dilemma situation, actually. If they choose to participate, they have a chance at the Stone and they can get rid of a rival or two. If they choose not to participate, there's no guarantee that one of the other gods won't attack them anyway. And on the off chance that Sliske is actually true to his word (lol), even the more peaceful gods would want to keep it away from the likes of Bandos and Zamorak.

So basically, they have to trust one another not to take the bait. Lol nope.

I don't think that's applicable here because the probability of Sliske giving them the Stone as he promised is zero. That, to me, is obvious. So there really is no incentive there. The prisoner's dilemma only works if there is, you know, actually a dilemma. Also, it usually, at least in the prison version, involves separating the two culprilts; that's not really the case here. The Gods are not isolated, they can communicate, or even hold a secret meeting of their own and ally themselves against a common perceived threat. Saradomin, for instance, states that the Stone is extremely dangerous and could, in the wrong hands (like Guthix's), be used to banish them all. 

They may all regard themselves as powerful, but obviously not so powerful as to actually beat all the others alone. It would be suicidal to jump into a situation where there's a free-for-all brawl; that's extremely dangerous from the perspective of each God, and it's highly likely that they could be killed. In the quest, they all seem aware (except possibly Bandos) of the chaotic nature of a free-for-all brawl, even Zamorak. 

If you were Saradomin, how certain would you be that Bandos or Zamorak wouldn't attack you?

He doesn't need to be certain. If he chooses to go into Sliske's game, it's 100% certain that he will have to fight one or some, or all of them, eventually. If he chooses not to partake, he can be safe doing whatever, hiding or planning at his base, or whatever. In fact, if he joins into battle, it is almost certain that he would need to form alliances with other gods, since no one god is powerful enough to defeat all others, and that would involve a risky element of trusting your alliance partners. 

In fact, the smartest choice for any god, is to hide and abstain from this battle, and if any others choose to fight, they can kill and weaken themselves and you can emerge unharmed at the end and in a strong position. 

There are two choices:

A) Join the battle, and you're certain to have to fight several other beings in Gelinor who are the only ones powerful enough to be a mortal threat to you.

B) Abstain, and hide from the others as you have done for thousands of years. And plan for a one-on-one confrontation later on or some alternative route.

Option B has a very high chance of survival, while option A is extremely dangerous. 

Also, keep in mind that in the past, the 4 other gods, Sara, Zammy, Arma and Bandos have worked together and formed tenuous alliances in the past in order to defeat Zarosian forces like Azzanadra, Wahisetal at Sennliten, and Nex. They have a history, and they know that if they have a common threat they can make a temporary truce.  

With Sliske's word, it's different, everyone knows that he is a completely pathological liar that no one can trust.

I think Saradomin can be reasonably certain that Zamorak won't try and openly confront him again, considering he just suffered a defeat in such a confrontation.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

That sort of implies that the other gods will just leave you alone if you choose not to participate.

Even if they did leave you alone, you'd have to hide alone, lest one of your followers decides that they want the Stone of Jas

Plan A also offers the biggest chance of a reward. Powerhungry persons, also known as gods, are more likely to go after that reward.

And do you guys believe Jagex would make everyone hide? That would be lamer than the first world event.

I don't think Jagex should make everyone go hide. But they need to give a coherent storyline and motive for the gods to join, otherwise they all look like complete idiots being manipulated by an obvious scam. It's called patching up plot-holes.

Also there is no reward. No one actually thinks that Sliske would just hand over the source of his power, just like that. The only 'reward' in World Event is an extremely dangerous and chaotic free-for-all brawl that would play into Sliske's hands.

It also would have helped if during the quest, the other gods weren't so hesitant and totally aware that Sliske is a pathological liar, and that the situation is very dangerous. Zamorak says something to the effect of "I refuse to be a part of your games". Knowing all that they know, they look like complete idiots if they just walk into the most obvious trap ever.

Plan A also offers the biggest chance of a reward. Powerhungry persons, also known as gods, are more likely to go after that reward.

And do you guys believe Jagex would make everyone hide? That would be lamer than the first world event.

I don't think Jagex should make everyone go hide. But they need to give a coherent storyline and motive for the gods to join, otherwise they all look like complete idiots being manipulated by an obvious scam. It's called patching up plot-holes.

Also there is no reward. No one actually thinks that Sliske would just hand over the source of his power, just like that. The only 'reward' in World Event is an extremely dangerous and chaotic free-for-all brawl that would play into Sliske's hands.

Yeah, but it'd be extremely unrealistic for them to collectively decide that no one will kill each other. Besides, Sliske has some very good reasons to get rid of the Stone.

Yeah, but it'd be extremely unrealistic for them to collectively decide that no one will kill each other. Besides, Sliske has some very good reasons to get rid of the Stone.

Actually, that's another thing. Sliske doesn't even pretend to be bothered by the Dragonkin. He seems to be able to tame them, and hide from them with relative ease. So Jagex could have played the whole "Sliske is scared that the Dragonkin will hunt him down so he's hosting a game to determine a worthy new owner of the Stone" plot, but that was also closed off during the quest. In fact, Armadyl specifically tells Sliske that he will fall just like Kethsi did to the Dragonkin, and Sliske seems completely unphased. If he hadn't so easily been able to control that Dragonkin (or at least if he hadn't revealed to everyone about this), then he could have conceivably tricked them all into believing that he wants to get rid of it, but that option is closed now.