Premier Club Newsletter

Howlin0001

I also wish I could buy Loyalty Points outright.

I unsubbed and quit the game right after they came out, so now I am way behind the curve and will never catch up. I'd gladly pay 5 bucks per like 10k loyalty points. Hell, I'd probably pay 5 bucks per 5k, or a dollar per 1K points.

4NIrZ.png

I also wish I could buy Loyalty Points outright.

I unsubbed and quit the game right after they came out, so now I am way behind the curve and will never catch up. I'd gladly pay 5 bucks per like 10k loyalty points. Hell, I'd probably pay 5 bucks per 5k, or a dollar per 1K points.

The day they make loyalty points buyable is the day they lose a buttload of customers.

They are points for being consistently loyal to the game, not for throwing cash at them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But there shouldn't be things from the loyalty shop that really effect the game.. namely the penance, vampyrism auras

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

the bloodpouncer and the gold membership promotions were at the same time, marking them as two separate things without any alternative options for the sake of doing so was utterly pointless

(that was the claim i had made at the time, the other promotions which actually happened afterwards chronologically are up to jagex to decide, the statement that it would have been more profitable if they had put those items in the promotion to begin with is a further acknowledgement that they wasted a lot of fuss on making that differentiation when it turned out to be unimportant, and was not part of the original claim)

people who bought the gold membership would have never needed to purchase the cards, so it's basically a waste of time to say, "well, since you're our best customers, you have the privilege of being forced to make this stupid decision"

people who buy the cards will buy the cards

people who buy gold membership will buy gold membership

why does it matter as long as they're paying enough?

8f14270694.jpg

But there shouldn't be things from the loyalty shop that really effect the game.. namely the penance, vampyrism auras

Why not?

They effects they give aren't all that huge, just good enough so that they are rewards for being loyal that are worthy getting, thereby promoting loyalty aka the whole point of a loyalty system.

Plus since Jagex changed it so you basically get double points each month one from your cumulative membership and one from your consecutive membership its not exactly hard to save up for these auras even if your membership is patchy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This.

This is the problem-- sure, it's nice for the people who were loyal, but for anybody who comes late to the party you have to wait a GODDAMN YEAR or longer to get auras that are EXTREMELY useful in gameplay. I have played since 2001 and been a member for many of those years. But what do I have to show for it? 1K points. That's it. Because I timed a break from the game poorly. And thus, I am heavily penalized by that.

4NIrZ.png

And why shouldn't you be penalised for being disloyal?

The scheme is to promote loyalty, the fact it annoys/upsets you that you can't get the items yet due to disloyalty is the exact aim of the program. It is encouraging you to get members and remain loyal.

And it is NOT a year to get such auras with how points work now, assuming a blank slate 0 starting point you get 22k points in 4 months, 32.5k in 5 months.

Plus they aren't all that useful really in the grand scheme of things. Sure they have a use and can be handy, but extreme useful is vastly overselling them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

And why shouldn't you be penalised for being disloyal?

The scheme is to promote loyalty, the fact it annoys/upsets you that you can't get the items yet due to disloyalty is the exact aim of the program. It is encouraging you to get members and remain loyal.

And it is NOT a year to get such auras with how points work now, assuming a blank slate 0 starting point you get 22k points in 4 months, 32.5k in 5 months.

Plus they aren't all that useful really in the grand scheme of things. Sure they have a use and can be handy, but extreme useful is vastly overselling them.

How much does T4 Vampirism cost? It used to be over 100k cumulative. I am not sure about now.

But that aura is immensely useful for PVM combat. Combine that with a scrimshaw of vampirism and you really shouldn't need much food at Nex.

Supposing you can get it in 5 months-- that's still a very, very long time in MMO terms. People game in terms of minutes and hours. Five months from now, Jagex could have released an update so horrendous it has driven people away by the thousands and the game is now a ghost town. You don't know.

How about this--- I'll compromise. If you sub for a more than a month-to-month charge, you should receive all your LP up front. So if you sub for a three month block or a year block, you should get all those points up front. I mean, you already paid for a year's worth of membership so you will be loyal for a year at least-- can you think of any reason not to do this? Other than "it makes it easier for fr00bs, in my day we had to walk uphill both ways across hot coals in the middle of the Arctic winter?"

4NIrZ.png

Loyalty isn't purely about you giving them money, its about continued play as well; that is why they are given out month by month. It's not just get you to buy members but to actually stay with the game and play it and see the new content.

There is no such thing as t4 vampyrism, its one of the 1 tier auras, 23k and it's yours forever.

Yes it does have uses but you only get that use for 1 hour out of every 4, its not exactly a staple of doing pvm well just a nice bonus. If it didn't have it's uses the loyalty scheme would be redundant, the items need to be useful for the scheme to have the desired result - making people more loyal to achieve the rewards.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Point being, they shouldn't put anything to effect the game.

Small things like bank boosters, overrides and the like.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Guest Smelly Paws

I didn't know the clown mask was a costume override! Spent tons of time scouring my bank, Diango and looking on forums trying to find out about this 'item' lol :D

Personally I think the loyalty shop making you log so much time before you can obtain certain things is fine. What I would like is to see more off chance sales for high ticket items. Some good ideas might be having certain tiers halved in price for a week.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

the last aura sale was waaaaaay back, and it seemed like it was intended to get people to use up some of their points

not that i'm going to argue with that, i just want another one, cause i got more points, and i don't want to waste them all on just two auras

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg