Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

200m in All Skills

717 replies to this topic

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

There seems to be 2 reasons why people don't want Dusty and runes in the top 15, and I'l try to explain why I disagree with both of them

1 They have been doing an above EHP method for a long period of time

Yes, but is that really enough to kick them out of the top 15? They are not the only one who has been doing over EHP methods. Lynx Titan used his alt as a runner for a period of time and he has also used many other above EHP methods, should we kick him out of the top 15 because of that? I would say No. Simple because he is one of the 15th closest people to 200m all assuming macro efficiency to the average player in the HLC.

2 People don't think they will get 200m all

I feel like Malt Lickeys is sorta in the same boat, I don't think he will ever get 200m all because he only play like he is going for 200m slayer (doing GWD for money). Do I think this is a good enough reason to kick him out of the top 15? No, because i don't want the top 15 to be based on assumptions on how the players are going to play in the future, and because of the same reason above.

I guess another problem with Runes and Dusty compared to Lickeys is that they has done alot of a above EHP method for a long time, but I still don't think that is enough. This is of course very opinion based, and I'm completely fine with people disagreeing with me. That's why i wanted to poll it to see what the majority want's with the top 15 updates, but I guess it's understandable that people didn't click the link. I am the most famous runescape phisher after all.

My yt: https://www.youtube....r/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

RandomGuy123
[ Display Name History ]

RandomGuy123

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts

Artemis1330
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis1330

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,756 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Rufioso
  • RSN '07:Rufio 07

I don't understand why it matters that Dusty and Runes does not involve themselves in the HLC.

Runes and Dusty started using runners before that was considered macro-efficient, which logically means they are currently not using other ways to get money (ge, etc) - ways that make it macro-efficient now.

How is that logical at all? Maybe I misunderstood, but from what I read you're saying because they ignored rc for profit in the past, they are not going to use other ways like the ge to make money. Is that what you're saying? Because if so how does that have any implication at all as to whether or not they would use the ge to merch? What if they had been banking on ge coming all along?

imo people just want runes and dusty off because using runners is frowned upon by the high level community.

The list should remain numerically accurate in my opinion.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

RandomGuy123
[ Display Name History ]

RandomGuy123

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts

How is that logical at all? Maybe I misunderstood, but from what I read you're saying because they ignored rc for profit in the past, they are not going to use other ways like the ge to make money. Is that what you're saying? Because if so how does that have any implication at all as to whether or not they would use the ge to merch? What if they had been banking on ge coming all along?

imo people just want runes and dusty off because using runners is frowned upon by the high level community.

The list should remain numerically accurate in my opinion.

What I meant was they rc'ed in a fashion to get optimal xp - and not in a macro-efficient way (efficient 200M RC goal = micro-efficient). This means that it's highly unlikely they'll start using the ge in order to be macro-efficient. I didn't say they wouldn't use the ge - I said I believe they currently don't use ways to rc in a macro-efficient manner (and use the ge to generate money for buyables).

They could use the ge to speed up the rc progress, but not to be macro-efficient, because they never were macro-efficient.

They've been rc'ing liking this for a long time, highly doubt they predicted GE. + they can't have a considerable amount of gp with their method of training Runecrafting.

Trance Music
[ Display Name History ]

Trance Music

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RSN '07:Trance Music

There seems to be 2 reasons why people don't want Dusty and runes in the top 15, and I'l try to explain why I disagree with both of them

1 They have been doing an above EHP method for a long period of time

Yes, but is that really enough to kick them out of the top 15? They are not the only one who has been doing over EHP methods. Lynx Titan used his alt as a runner for a period of time and he has also used many other above EHP methods, should we kick him out of the top 15 because of that? I would say No. Simple because he is one of the 15th closest people to 200m all assuming macro efficiency to the average player in the HLC.

2 People don't think they will get 200m all

I feel like Malt Lickeys is sorta in the same boat, I don't think he will ever get 200m all because he only play like he is going for 200m slayer (doing GWD for money). Do I think this is a good enough reason to kick him out of the top 15? No, because i don't want the top 15 to be based on assumptions on how the players are going to play in the future, and because of the same reason above.

I guess another problem with Runes and Dusty compared to Lickeys is that they has done alot of a above EHP method for a long time, but I still don't think that is enough. This is of course very opinion based, and I'm completely fine with people disagreeing with me. That's why i wanted to poll it to see what the majority want's with the top 15 updates, but I guess it's understandable that people didn't click the link. I am the most famous runescape phisher after all.

Neither of those address my point from two pages ago. I'll post it here again.

If you allow Runes and Dusty to be in the top 10 for time to 200m all because using runners is "macro-efficient," then you shouldn't use CML's EHP rates as a basis for your top 10. Based on your logic, the assumed rate for RC should be 45-50k/hr, which would knock Runes, Dusty, and even myself way out of contention for top 10

RandomGuy123
[ Display Name History ]

RandomGuy123

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

If you allow Runes and Dusty to be in the top 10 for time to 200m all because using runners is "macro-efficient," then you shouldn't use CML's EHP rates as a basis for your top 10. Based on your logic, the assumed rate for RC should be 45-50k/hr, which would knock Runes, Dusty, and even myself way out of contention for top 10

I have adressed that point earlier trance, and in short: because less than 1% of the HLC does lavas/using runners I think it's best to base the EHP on double nats and just accept that EHP is not perfect, but if more than 25% of the HLC starts using lavas/runners  I think the EHP should change. 

Now instead of repeating yourself can't you tell me what you think the EHP guidelines should be?

RandomGuy123
[ Display Name History ]

RandomGuy123

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts

Trance Music
[ Display Name History ]

Trance Music

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts

I have adressed that point earlier trance, and in short: because less than 1% of the HLC does lavas/using runners I think it's best to base the EHP on double nats and just accept that EHP is not perfect, but if more than 25% of the HLC starts using lavas/runners  I think the EHP should change. 

Now instead of repeating yourself can't you tell me what you think the EHP guidelines should be?

The EHP for RC should be 45k since Runes and Dusty are in your top 10. That has been my point for a while now. You should remove me to be honest.

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

The EHP for RC should be 45k since Runes and Dusty are in your top 10. That has been my point for a while now. You should remove me to be honest.

So do you want the EHP rate to be change to 45k? or do you want a separate calculator that calcs the time to 200m all skills which uses 45k/h for Runecrafting?

RandomGuy123
[ Display Name History ]

RandomGuy123

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts

Trance Music
[ Display Name History ]

Trance Music

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts

That actually gives me an idea. We could use rates here that differ from the ones that CML uses. 

CML's rates are reasonably efficient, but I think we can use rates that are efficient pure and simple in this place.

This is what I suggested two pages back and re-posted on this page. I may be repeating myself but only because I feel my point is being missed.

VioreRS
[ Display Name History ]

VioreRS

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • RSN:Viore
  • RSN '07:Viore

Congratulations to myself on achieving 1 billion overall experience. 

kepler22
[ Display Name History ]

kepler22

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Here's an idea:

If you personally do not think those 2 should be included in the top 15, skip over their names and treat it as a top 13.

Jebrim
[ Display Name History ]

Jebrim

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RSN:Jebrim I
  • RSN2:Jebrim V
  • RSN '07:Jebrim IV
  • Clan:TMOA

The reason they're even that high in the first place is because Foot is giving priority consideration to those who choose not to use runners. By all rights, he could simply just put RC at 75k Xp/hr or whatever and let people use solely alts for making money. It's already a courtesy keeping it as low as it is.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Mazhar
[ Display Name History ]

Mazhar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,242 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

we should just convert ehp and measure everything in # of agility laps

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

How come you guys are doing top 15 instead of, say, top 20? Is it just to keep things competitive and interesting or are there only like 15 people that are actually serious candidates for 200m all?

I'm having a hard time following this discussion since I am not among the elite :P

77yLQy8.png

kepler22
[ Display Name History ]

kepler22

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Would it be possible for foot to change individuals rc rates, or does his formulas work across the board for all accounts?  Like, can he go in there and change only Runes and Dusty's RC rate to 80k/hr?

I agree their EHP's are inflated, but I think it would be better to correct their rates instead of just toss them off the board.

RandomGuy123
[ Display Name History ]

RandomGuy123

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts

That would be the best solution. It would, however, stir up some controversy for obvious reasons. Generally speaking, games use the same rules/measurement methods for every player to determine competition value, but I see no harm in it in this case. It's a pretty unique situation and there are good arguments to back it up.

I think it works across the board, so even if the general consensus is to specifically increase their rc xp rate, it still wouldn't be put in action.

But, as Trance and I suggested, it doesn't have to be officially changed. We can modify it ourselves in this thread.

Or, Sten (NoToAfkPray) could simply skip them in the next top lists. It boggles my mind he still wants to keep them there. If their xp rates would be changed (which they should), they wouldn't come close to the top 15 anyway.

N01perfect does solo abyss btw. People in the HLC see him as the 'true' rank 1.

I hope he does lavas to get perm 1.

Humble Egg
[ Display Name History ]

Humble Egg

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:Humble Egg
  • RSN '07:Humble Egg
hey guys new to thread! Loved following it for many months! Anyways I noticed hey jase has been gaining less xp this week is he busy or taking a slower pace!? I belivev lynx broke his will maybe lol.

And gz viore on 1b exp

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users