Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

200m in All Skills

717 replies to this topic

Augiz
[ Display Name History ]

Augiz

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

Trance is still on the DN grind 

Deez nutz?

Double Nats

no, hes on deez nutz grind...

Trickool
[ Display Name History ]

Trickool

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts

Trance is still on the DN grind 

Deez nutz?

Double Nats

no, hes on deez nutz grind...

sounds painful

Augiz
[ Display Name History ]

Augiz

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts

Poor jase doesn't get enough recognition on randys stream :(

412.png

Dragonkng198
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonkng198

Biggest Nub on Tip.It

• Members
  • 906 posts

Raise your BibleThumps :(

Stats

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

Seems like there have been some discussion about EHP changes, this might affect the top 15 update a lot.

My yt: https://www.youtube....r/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

Augiz
[ Display Name History ]

Augiz

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts

Hopefully they won't change rc rates, that would just give unfair advantage for people that use alts or/and flip.

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

Hopefully they won't change rc rates, that would just give unfair advantage for people that use alts or/and flip.

What's wrong with flipping? And it's not like EHP changes means anything except that their rank on a internet site will change, the xp people have is still the same.

Gingbino
[ Display Name History ]

Gingbino

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RSN '07:Gingbino

How is it unfair? Everyone can do it. People choose not to.

Most Clues completed on 12th page OSRS.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

the game is bound to change. If you are worried about changes just wait on content you think the average player would want changed

Augiz
[ Display Name History ]

Augiz

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts

the game is bound to change. If you are worried about changes just wait on content you think the average player would want changed

No, GE flipping been around for ages, if they actually made it harder/impossible that would be the change.

Dont really feel like arguing, how's it fair or not. But i dont think jagex intended flipping, just like they didnt intend buying bonds to be viable method to get money for all buyables, which is obviously what everyone can do, but some people chose not to.

Mini Finbarr
[ Display Name History ]

Mini Finbarr

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN '07:Mini Finbarr

No, GE flipping been around for ages, if they actually made it harder/impossible that would be the change.

Dont really feel like arguing, how's it fair or not. But i dont think jagex intended flipping, just like they didnt intend buying bonds to be viable method to get money for all buyables, which is obviously what everyone can do, but some people chose not to.

Yes, because spending 20k USD on 200M buyables is comparable to flipping passively for 200M buyables. Nice argument from analogy. The concept of flipping has been around since the earliest days of RSC. Flipping just didn't become part of the "metagame" until 2008-2010 when players like Zarfot, Jdelacroix, and AlmostLost flipped their way to 200M buyables. I don't understand why flipping isn't considered a viable option for 200M all in OSRS while it is in RS3. 

Whether or not Foot will change EHP rates for RC remains to be seen, but if he does, the top 15 will change significantly. Runes/Dusty/N01perfect have the most to lose to such a change, while Hey Jase/Malt/Randalicious and I would be affected the least. 

I don't think he is going to do it because of the backlash it would provoke, rather than because he believes that nature runes to 200M RC should be considered the most efficient way to 200M all. 

JackOscar
[ Display Name History ]

JackOscar

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN '07:JackOscar

Yes, because spending 20k USD on 200M buyables is comparable to flipping passively for 200M buyables. Nice argument from analogy. The concept of flipping has been around since the earliest days of RSC. Flipping just didn't become part of the "metagame" until 2008-2010 when players like Zarfot, Jdelacroix, and AlmostLost flipped their way to 200M buyables. I don't understand why flipping isn't considered a viable option for 200M all in OSRS while it is in RS3. 

Whether or not Foot will change EHP rates for RC remains to be seen, but if he does, the top 15 will change significantly. Runes/Dusty/N01perfect have the most to lose to such a change, while Hey Jase/Malt/Randalicious and I would be affected the least. 

I don't think he is going to do it because of the backlash it would provoke, rather than because he believes that nature runes to 200M RC should be considered the most efficient way to 200M all. 

Thing is it's not really possible for everyone to make their money from flipping, clearly it's working for you and a few others but you can't really base the CML rate on something that wouldn't be sustainable if everyone did it. You make the bulk of your money from flipping high value items like Elysians and Third Age, correct? Do you think there would be any money to be made from flipping elys if 500+ other people going for 200m buyables started doing the same? I highly doubt it.

Gemeos2
[ Display Name History ]

Gemeos2

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • RSN:Gemeos2 RS3
  • RSN '07:Gemeos2

Thing is it's not really possible for everyone to make their money from flipping, clearly it's working for you and a few others but you can't really base the CML rate on something that wouldn't be sustainable if everyone did it. You make the bulk of your money from flipping high value items like Elysians and Third Age, correct? Do you think there would be any money to be made from flipping elys if 500+ other people going for 200m buyables started doing the same? I highly doubt it.

Isn't that how life works anyway? And also one of the reasons people created the concept of "luck"? 

if everyone worked at McDonald's, no one would be a farmer and, therefore, there'd be no vegetables for the workers at McDonald's to use! Yet you might gain more by being a farmer or by working at McDonald's.

You don't even need to think by an economic perspective to refute your own argument; The nature has always favored the most adaptable. If some people choose to adapt themselves better, by doing the best they can, they will, by the laws of Nature, be more successful. 

Also, psychology plays a big role in this, which I believe you can realize by your own.

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

Grats to Starxburst for getting 200m Agility :)

Mini Finbarr
[ Display Name History ]

Mini Finbarr

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN '07:Mini Finbarr

I agree with what Gemeos said in regards to adaptability with flipping. 

I have made most of my money from flipping 3a/elysians, which has worked partially due to the fact that only a small number of people also have the capital/desire to flip such expensive items. 

If more people started flipping, I may not be able to flip those items for consistent profit. However, I could move to another market (seeds, bulk resources, low volume clue items etc) instead and make money there. As other players started to do the same, I could move back to 3a. While I would have to put in more effort to flip successfully if I was competing with 50+ other high levels, I would still be able to make consistent money. 

In a dynamic economic environment, there will always be a large quantity of items to flip. Overall margins might be reduced, but flipping would remain a viable method for 200M all. 

Assuming that a large number of people would immediately start flipping after this change is an example of a just in case fallacy. Currently, only a very small number of players go for 200M buyables. Of those players, a minority RC for the required money. The majority continue to use alts. For this reason, even if all the people who would otherwise RC for money start flipping, flipping would remain viable. An additional 5-10 flippers would scarcely affect the market for anything other than elite 3a.  

Although alts and flipping are both examples of zero-time money, I believe that due to the risk-adverse nature of many top players, alts will remain the preferred way to fund skills. For them, it is "easier" to make another account and reliably generate money through that, rather than learn to flip and deal with the inherently unpredictable results. Flipping has a steeper learning curve than altscape, especially for beginners. I believe the "challenge" of learning to flip is also why my thread on the matter was met with such staunch opposition. Players would prefer if they could still be "efficient" and rely on an easy method of money that isn't 0 time, even if the EHP metric suffers from inaccuracy as a result. 

Finally, I believe that flipping is perceived to be more difficult than it actually is. The fact that most top players do not flip for money and have not flipped in the past reinforces this misconception. When one believes that CML should promote solo play and also believes that flipping is not viable for them due to the "difficulty" associated with it, they will be inclined to oppose a suggestion that would officially make abyss RC inefficient. Abyss RC already is inefficient because players can flip or altscape for money. Rather than focus purely on EHP values, players should consider this fact.

JackOscar
[ Display Name History ]

JackOscar

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN '07:JackOscar

Isn't that how life works anyway? And also one of the reasons people created the concept of "luck"? 

if everyone worked at McDonald's, no one would be a farmer and, therefore, there'd be no vegetables for the workers at McDonald's to use! Yet you might gain more by being a farmer or by working at McDonald's.

You don't even need to think by an economic perspective to refute your own argument; The nature has always favored the most adaptable. If some people choose to adapt themselves better, by doing the best they can, they will, by the laws of Nature, be more successful. 

Also, psychology plays a big role in this, which I believe you can realize by your own.

Sure? But that doesn't change the fact that what Finbarr is proposing wouldn't work. Saying everyone should make their gp by flipping is like saying everyone should just start making their dollars by manipulating the stock market, which, like you said, is absurd. I'm not saying it's unfair to everyone else that he takes advantage of the GE and makes his money by flipping, just that it doesn't really make sense to propose that everyone should start doing the same.

I do kind of agree with the concept of assuming no time wasted earning gp though (to a point anyway) since alts exist as well (if flipping becomes less profitable people can always go back to alts and vice versa)

Also gz Kaiman

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

The fairness argument is always annoying. If your a top player you are bound to have the opportunities and the know how to make money and if you don't then you wont remain a top player for long :lol:

Augiz
[ Display Name History ]

Augiz

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts

I'm shaking, I didn't know this was possible.

lol.png

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

http://vignette1.wik...=20150620191516