Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

200m in All Skills

717 replies to this topic

Gemeos2
[ Display Name History ]

Gemeos2

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Gemeos2 RS3
  • RSN '07:Gemeos2

We should donate our money to Vestfold so he can farm effigies at Cave Crawlers for 5000 hours.

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

1 Lynx Titan 8,750EHP +127EHP +36mXP: (19,6m Herblore)(2,9m Slayer)(1,1m Farming)(2,7m Ranged

Lynx is still doing a mix between Slayer and Herblore. He achieved 50m Herblore while he is neck on neck with Scot’s Slayer pace. He has so far achieved the rank 1 Slayer week and is not far from rank 1 Slayer Month. The forse train has still not used it’s breaks.

Upcoming Milstones: 100m Herblore

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Vestfold(YesToAfkSail) 8,324EHP +81EHP +8,3mXP: (5,9m Fishing)(1,1m Farming)()

Still doing Fishing/Farming while he is getting closer to the halfway mark to the 200 meters mark in Fishing.

Upcoming Milstones:100m Fishing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Trance Music 6,544EHP +105EHP +8,4mXP: (4,2m Woodcutting)(1,5m Runecrafting)(846k Farming)

The Hexis general did mainly a mix between Woodcutting and double nats this week with the standard 800k/weekly Farm xp.

Upcoming Milstones: Hard to predict

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4(+1) Hey Jase EHP 6,497EHP +78EHP +16,1mXP: (2,1m Slayer)(1,1m Farming)(2,2m Ranged)

Jase passed inactive Nerd for rank 4 in EHP and is still doing Slayer.

Upcoming Milstones: 50m Slayer very far away though

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5(-1) Sick Nerd (Sickburnout) 6,410EHP +0EHP +0XP:

Bit above 1EHP in combat skills.

Upcoming Milstones: Nothing in sight

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 N01perfect 6,327EHP +80EHP +2,2mXP: (2,1m Runecrafting)

Pretty much exactly same pace as last week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Malt Lickeys 6,293EHP +55EHP +13,8mXP: (2,1m Slayer)(1,2m Farming)(2,2m Ranged)

Rank 1 slayer is still busting out pure Slayer weeks with 2 daily tree runs on the side.

8 Randalicious 5,987EHP +61EHP +23,2mXP: (15,6m Herblore)(3m Smithing)(1,2m Farming)

The leader of Hexis is still doing a lot of Herblore with a little bit of Smithing on the side. At this pace he will be first to 6 200m’s in 4 weeks.

Upcoming Milstones: 150m Herblore

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Mini Finbarr 5,900EHP +68EHP +18mXP: (3,7m Slayer)(1,2m Farming)(4m Ranged)(1m Magic)

The leader of Solace is still doing Slayer with the weekly Farm xp from trees and Magic xp from smoke devils. It seems like the two rival leaders has been neck on neck for quite some time, but Randy has keeps his lead longer than expected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Viore 5,611EHP +72EHP +10,9mXP: (6m Smithing)(1,3m Herblore)(1m Farming)(475k Rc)

The Solace general achieved 100m Hunter and quickly switched to Smithing after that. I guess we will continue to see some skillhoping due to  Runite Smithing requires a lot of capital.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Gingbino (Iopiopioipio) 5,598EHP +69EHP +7,4mXP: (4,8m Fishing)(971k Farming)(740k Magic)

A stronger week than the last one from rank 1 easy clue scrolls who is doing exactly the same as last week (3tick fish).

Upcoming Milstones: 50m Farming

12 Senze(Iceberg888) 5,560EHP +197EHP +11mXP: (5,2m Runecrafting)(1,1m Farming)(1,3m Crafting

Senze did a monstrous EHP week with lavas. The rate he is getting is according to himself 63k/h ish if there is no pkers, so if we scale it down it becomes 87 ish hours. Lavas at 63k/h is 2,33EHP ea hour for anyone who is wondering.

Upcoming Milstones:50m Runecrafting

13 Viper Kai 5,304EHP +43EHP +12,3mXP: (4,3m Cooking)(1,1m Woodcutting)(400k Slayer)

Viper finished 200m Cooking which was his 3rd 200m. He seems to be switching skills quite a bit at the moment. Maybe trying to find the skill he is most comfortable to afk with.

14 Razor Beast 5,303EHP +63EHP +26,2mXP: (22,5m Firemaking)(1,5m Farming)(478k Hunter)

Razor wanted to blow some money and did a pretty much pure Firemaking week, while he is doing 2-3 mage tree runs a day.

Upcoming Milstones: 50m Firemaking

15 Scotwilson(Dedwilson) Page 5,240EHP +68EHP +20,8mXP: (4,5m Slay)(1,1m Farming)(5,7m Range)

Scot achieved 1B xp this week and is still Slaying. He also seems to get slightly higher Ranged:Slayer Ratio than all the other slayers in the top 15.

Outside of the top 15:

Pretty much same as last week. Trickool is slowly but steady getting closer and closer to the top 15.

My yt: https://www.youtube....r/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

Holy mother of god, nmz guthan and splashing got nerfed. I'm so happy  :shock:  8-)  =D>  \:D/

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Why are you happy about it? Removing those methods is just going to make fewer people start playing the game.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

Why are you happy about it? Removing those methods is just going to make fewer people start playing the game.

I could even write an article about this, and i actually did long ago, it's probably very poorly written because my English isn't the best. 

This is something that has been bugging me for a very long time, and at the moment I feel like I want to get his out

of my chest.

It’s about the current situation that people can bot legally for 6h with close to no effort at all. I’ve always thought the j mods would come to their senses and nerf this methods. I have clearly been wrong.

The thing that is bugging me the most is their logic. We now know that the reason that they will not nerf 6h guthan is because «it’s been too long in the game». I mean like WTF? Are they dumb or something? If an ags dupe glitch got into the game and they didn’t knew about it after 1 month would they also say «it’s been to long». Something else which is REALLY bugging me is how they polled the nmz glitched, wouldn’t it be more logical to have 75% of the community to have thing made permanently than opposite as I was done? This question stands still unanswered today, and I don’t think we will ever get an answer.

45% of the community wants it to stay in the game, why are you so against it? It’s because it is damaging the game in so many different ways. It devalues runecrafting, like who alchs when you now can splash overnight. This also hurts fletching and crafting, because those skills produce alchables. It also devalues strength attack defence hitpoints and magic to close to worthless 99s.

Why is this a bad thing? It devalues endgame content and people are able to enjoy this content without the skill to get the 99s.

You say skill, is it really any skill in getting a 99 in these combat stats? Yes, it was before nmz, because staying focused/efficient/entertained over time is not easy, and many people are not able to do it. It takes simply dedication that many players find to be very difficult.

Legalbotting made me come back to rs and I’ve not seen the numbers of active players dropping, this probably means that it’s good for rs. It would probably be less players if people wasn’t able to bot legally right :P? I don’t want new players who bot legal/illegally.

But it is just clever use of game mechanics deal with it. Who cares about if it is clever use of game mechanic or not. It is the input vs output thing people care about, that is why I call this thing botting because the input vs output is very similar to botting.

I don’t think it is worth it to use so much time to level up my account. If you think playing this game is a waste of time. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT THEN?

I don’t want to spend my time leveling up my account. Same excuse as botters, and botting is not legal for very obvious reasons. Like if you want something in real life like good grades/good results in sport you have to work for it, why should rs be any different.

I just felt like getting this out of my chest, but seriously can it even be called a game at when you can progress it while you sleep?

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Wait what? How was it nerfed - logout timer? Didn't see anything in the patch notes.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

Wait what? How was it nerfed - logout timer? Didn't see anything in the patch notes.

They said it on the Twitch Q/A link here: http://www.twitch.tv...5359631?t=9m56s

Bit weird that they don't mention such a big update in the news post.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

It is a bit absurd that people are so upset about removing a way to play the game without playing the game, so to speak. I guess the most compelling argument is that players feel it is unfair to be forced to start from scratch on Old School, and after two years of splashing, they feel entitled to a free/easy head start. Not that I agree with the line of reasoning, but that seems to be one opinion.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Rjk
[ Display Name History ]

Rjk

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • RSN '07:Rjk

About [bleep]ing time.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

My responses are in bold.

I could even write an article about this, and i actually did long ago, it's probably very poorly written because my English isn't the best. 

This is something that has been bugging me for a very long time, and at the moment I feel like I want to get his out
of my chest.

It’s about the current situation that people can bot legally for 6h with close to no effort at all. I’ve always thought the j mods would come to their senses and nerf this methods. I have clearly been wrong.
The thing that is bugging me the most is their logic. We now know that the reason that they will not nerf 6h guthan is because «it’s been too long in the game». I mean like WTF? Are they dumb or something? If an ags dupe glitch got into the game and they didn’t knew about it after 1 month would they also say «it’s been to long». Something else which is REALLY bugging me is how they polled the nmz glitched, wouldn’t it be more logical to have 75% of the community to have thing made permanently than opposite as I was done? This question stands still unanswered today, and I don’t think we will ever get an answer.

45% of the community wants it to stay in the game, why are you so against it? It’s because it is damaging the game in so many different ways. It devalues runecrafting, like who alchs when you now can splash overnight. This also hurts fletching and crafting, because those skills produce alchables. It also devalues strength attack defence hitpoints and magic to close to worthless 99s.

The problem with this argument is that you're just cherry picking the facts. For example, with AFKing, the price of Guthans and smoke staffs skyrocket because they're in high demand. You argue that it devalues runecrafting, but you're ignoring the fact that it dramatically increases the value of slayer and barrows.

Why is this a bad thing? It devalues endgame content and people are able to enjoy this content without the skill to get the 99s.

If you were a PKer, you'd understand that the more people with high combat levels to compete with, the better. I remember at the beginning of OSRS when a friend of mine no-lifed his combat stats... only to find that he had no competition in the wilderness because nobody else was on his level yet.

You say skill, is it really any skill in getting a 99 in these combat stats? Yes, it was before nmz, because staying focused/efficient/entertained over time is not easy, and many people are not able to do it. It takes simply dedication that many players find to be very difficult.

This suggests that the problem with the NMZ debate isn't the AFKing itself; it's the fact that there are no fun, exciting, and engaging ways to train skills in OSRS. All of the other alternatives are extremely boring and tedious. A 5 year old has the brain capacity to max out their combat if they have enough free time.

Legalbotting made me come back to rs and I’ve not seen the numbers of active players dropping, this probably means that it’s good for rs. It would probably be less players if people wasn’t able to bot legally right :P? I don’t want new players who bot legal/illegally.

You're acting as if every player should have the same mentality/outlook on the game as you, and if they don't then they should get lost

But it is just clever use of game mechanics deal with it. Who cares about if it is clever use of game mechanic or not. It is the input vs output thing people care about, that is why I call this thing botting because the input vs output is very similar to botting.

It's similar to botting, yes. But it's nowhere near the same thing. Botting is way more efficient and allows you to basically acquire an infinite amount of gold for zero opportunity cost. Thing such as splashing and NMZ are extremely inefficient compared to a player using a real bot.

I don’t think it is worth it to use so much time to level up my account. If you think playing this game is a waste of time. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT THEN?

That's the point; I quit playing OSRS until I discovered AFKing because I didn't want to get 99 mage and max combat for the third time just to be able to enjoy my favorite activities from 2006 (Castle Wars, PKing, etc). Like I said, different players have different priorities and hobbies on OSRS. I wanted max combat so I could spend all of my free time on RS having fun doing PvP. You seem to think that everybody wants to just max out their combat, then never touch combat ever again while wearing capes of achievement and expecting recognition, rather than wanting to max out combat so they could enjoy activities that they earned the right to enjoy many years ago.

I don’t want to spend my time leveling up my account. Same excuse as botters, and botting is not legal for very obvious reasons. Like if you want something in real life like good grades/good results in sport you have to work for it, why should rs be any different.

Like I said, most of my friends from 2006 have popped on OSRS once they discovered it and talked to me about how excited they were to be able to go PKing or do PvM with me like we used to when we were younger. But then once they realize all their stats are level 1, they log off and I never hear from them again. They basically feel like they worked hard to level up their stats in the first place in RS3, but then EoC came along and rendered all of their accomplishments for naught. So then OSRS comes along, offering a way to enjoy the hobbies that they once enjoyed again... except now they're told that they have to max out their stats again, and if they get upset about it, then they're being lazy, entitled, and selfish. It's a slap in the face.

I just felt like getting this out of my chest, but seriously can it even be called a game at when you can progress it while you sleep?

You view gaining XP as the core purpose of playing RS. We view combat as the core purpose of playing RS.

The bottom line is, you see combat as just another skill to maximize XP in for ranks. Other people see combat as a means to enjoy the activities that they once enjoyed, but were suddenly banned from via EOC and the OSRS stat reset.

So what's the solution? Either create a permanent sandbox mode for PKers like the Tournament Arena from a couple months ago, and/or make it so training skills is actually fun and engaging.

I totally understand why AFKing would upset a player with your mentality and playstyle. But to suggest that the players abusing AFK methods are doing so because they're just a bunch of lazy, entitled, selfish people who want to suck the life out of the game and brag about their "accomplishments" isn't a very realistic or accurate perspective on the issue.

77yLQy8.png

Jj Dynomite
[ Display Name History ]

Jj Dynomite

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts

For whatever reason I feel the need to comment to Muggi's post above. Nothing in any particular order or pattern. 

You state at the beginning of your conclusive remarks that some of us play the game for the xp, others play the game for combat, and that is completely fine. There is nothing that says that either play style is correct, however, the game has never been about that. The game has always been about the hard work, effort and achievement from going out and completing something in the game. This is precisely why when you made your account in 2005 they didn't want you to bot the first time...why should they allow you to do it the second time? It literally defeats the point of the game in the original rules they made

To regress from that argument and touch upon specifically the aspect of combat within the game, take a look at some people who have chosen to play the game in the Ironman sense, who are heavily PvM oriented and PvM based players. B0aty, Woox, Aloha, Slay Brother to name a few. They too play the game for combat like you said, but within the confinement of Ironman, it facilitates the aspect of hardwork, effort and achievement and giving them the pleasure they want out of combat. Now don't get ahead of me, I'm not trying to necessitate the litmus test of Ironman to anyone who is interested in PvM or PKing, I'm just trying to show you the greater aspect of the game and how combat fits into the basic ideas of the game on a more clear and relate-able level. I understand Ironman isn't for everybody.

You specifically refer to the end game content as your ultimate purpose for playing the game. The reality is, there is nothing intrinsically fascinating about any particular end game aspect of the game. Getting a 99 next to a picture, DPS on a large monster over time, or killing a fellow player with the help of random, arbitrary RNG. B0aty once made a video about this particular concept back in beginning of oldschool. He referenced the fact that any given aspect of the game is meaningless without certain context that makes it exciting. He basically said that pking with somebody else's money on useless stats is pointless other than deriving fun from sheer pking skill itself. The whole point of PKing and what makes thrilling and resonates well for so many players is the amount of hard work that goes into the account, and not just that, the risk involved as well. From the overall perception of the video by fellow PKing communities, they seemed to agree with this overall sentiment. 

To couple things previously stated and to delve into the problems of AFK methods, the J mods have pointed out the exact phenomena in player retention rates. Mod Mat K (you can choose whether he is credible or not) stated that as players become normalized with certain content they start to lose interest in the game and retention rates lower. He stated this in livestream that spoke about solutions to retention for the summer period back around March or so. This is definitely a foreseeable trend as you look at player rates for the servers over time diminish with more players with access to end game content and surplus of more players gaining access over time, but no updates to feed these players. Obviously you can see recent changes though due to recent updates as such.

I myself was watching a livestream of a guy that was duo'ing Bandos with his irl friend. They literally hopped 35+ times to find a world that had less than 4 people on it. They literally sat and waited for their world hop timer to reset and then hopped to worlds individually. This is the detrimental aspect to everyone having high level content. You made a point in your post that this increases the value of Slayer. I don't understand how it could possibly other than the fact that with more people doing Guthans, fewer people will do Slayer for their xp which I guess would increase the perceived value of a 99 in that. There are still lots of people that are training Slayer though, it's the most popular skill in Runescape. Coming from someone who has grinded up to what will be 96 Slayer tomorrow, I can say that there are plenty of NMZ prods that are taking up the spots that really shouldn't be of access due to the fact that they haven't put in the time in the account for them to have earned the appropriate status to slay in that same spot. 

In short to all that was said, NMZ Guthans doesn't just give some player the right to certain content scotch free, it hurts other people as well, people who are trying to actually absorb and enjoy this combat based content that you refer to.

One thing none of this answers is, why does combat get this option but nothing else? Why should this be something that affect 2 out of 3 parts of the combat triangle and 5 out of 7 combat skills? Some players enjoy combat based portion of the game and that higher level based content...ok, what if someone really enjoys to relax at Magic trees and cut those? Should there be a 6-hour method for him to get 75 Woodcutting? What if someone really loves to make 3 bar Rune items? Should there be a 6 hour method for him or her as well to accompany the other 6 hour methods in the game so he can skip the grind and cut to the part that he enjoys? No, of course not. That's completely absurd. There is no reason why this logic shouldn't apply to combat.

In literally any other game, would I be able to skip portions of the game just to skip to the part that I want? Take World of Warcraft for example, (take note that I only have played Runescape and know nothing about WoW except for the fact that raids are popular and cheating is prohibited) would I be able to say, I want to start playing WoW, but only to do raids, do you think they're going to cater to me? No, under no circumstance is Blizzard going to bend over backwards its stance on integrity and gaming policies just because I'm needy and only want to endure certain portions of the game's content. Why should this be anything different for Old School Runescape? It's almost preposterous to think in such a fashion.

To clarify, if there is a portion of the game that you want to play and solely that portion (as you mentioned with the tournament world aspect) there are private servers that accommodate those aspects. There is no reason to normalize the gameplay settings and ideals that have stuck with the game for so long just to appease a group of players that are only interested in a restricted amount of content. 

Your argument about Smoke staffs and Barrows are also a bit misconstrued, those are items that have astronomical disproportion in terms of pricing. Considering that Smoke staffs aren't insanely rare and also have limited use outside splashing other than people that need specifically air + fire runes for combat spells, it doesn't make sense for it to be the price that it is under any normal circumstance. It should at most be a few hundred thousand higher than the Steam staff, and that's a stretch. Guthan's the same thing could be said, although Guthan's has more outside use than AFK methods. Though if you compare Guthan's (15m last night) to Dharok's (1.7m) (the best melee training method in game) it has huge disparages in pricing. 

I think I'll wrap up, I went on for wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to long and for that I'm sorry, I just felt the need to elaborate where possible.

To follow up and make the point clear: I don't care if you choose not to skill, I just want you to put in effort for your achievements and hard work that anyone else would have to put in if they wanted the same thing.

jj_dynomite.pngwilderness_ditch.png

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

"In literally any other game, would I be able to skip portions of the game just to skip to the part that I want? Take World of Warcraft for example, (take note that I only have played Runescape and know nothing about WoW except for the fact that raids are popular and cheating is prohibited) would I be able to say, I want to start playing WoW, but only to do raids, do you think they're going to cater to me? No, under no circumstance is Blizzard going to bend over backwards its stance on integrity and gaming policies just because I'm needy and only want to endure certain portions of the game's content. Why should this be anything different for Old School Runescape? It's almost preposterous to think in such a fashion."

You chose a poor example. Blizzard sells maxed accounts to players because they know that the endgame content is actually what the players want to do instead of the crappy grind.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

of my chest.

45% of the community wants it to stay in the game, why are you so against it? It’s because it is damaging the game in so many different ways. It devalues runecrafting, like who alchs when you now can splash overnight. This also hurts fletching and crafting, because those skills produce alchables. It also devalues strength attack defence hitpoints and magic to close to worthless 99s.

The problem with this argument is that you're just cherry picking the facts. For example, with AFKing, the price of Guthans and smoke staffs skyrocket because they're in high demand. You argue that it devalues runecrafting, but you're ignoring the fact that it dramatically increases the value of slayer and barrows.

Acording to Mini Finbarr(rank 3 Slayer) The drop in smokebattlestaff prices will only affect pvm orientated very slightly while it will not even effect efficient slayers at all. While a 10 gp drop in the Nature rune price will make you loose 15m from 91-99 RC if you are doing double Nats. If you compare from the perspective that you are going for max total the difference is a ton in terms of the potential loss in Nats gp vs the loss of Smoke staff price.  They are also planning to buff the smoke staff in the future https://twitter.com/JagexAsh/status/642274198929412096

About barrows, the guthan set had it's uses even before NMZ and will atleast not become dead content.  And maybe Dharock will raise in price because people will do that in nmz instead.

Why is this a bad thing? It devalues endgame content and people are able to enjoy this content without the skill to get the 99s.

If you were a PKer, you'd understand that the more people with high combat levels to compete with, the better. I remember at the beginning of OSRS when a friend of mine no-lifed his combat stats... only to find that he had no competition in the wilderness because nobody else was on his level yet. 

You say skill, is it really any skill in getting a 99 in these combat stats? Yes, it was before nmz, because staying focused/efficient/entertained over time is not easy, and many people are not able to do it. It takes simply dedication that many players find to be very difficult.

This suggests that the problem with the NMZ debate isn't the AFKing itself; it's the fact that there are no fun, exciting, and engaging ways to train skills in OSRS. All of the other alternatives are extremely boring and tedious. A 5 year old has the brain capacity to max out their combat if they have enough free time.

A 5 year old might have the brain capacity but does he have the required dedication? With the logic that everything that requres time is easy 99 Runecrafting would be easy as well. Because the skill it'self isn't difficult at all. However lots of people are even struggling to even get 91.  And let's just say that I have some friends that i don't really think would have had 99 in melee skills now if it wasn't for nmz guthan, and that has nothing do to with their total time played.  And btw some people really enjoy grinding.

Legalbotting made me come back to rs and I’ve not seen the numbers of active players dropping, this probably means that it’s good for rs. It would probably be less players if people wasn’t able to bot legally right  :P? I don’t want new players who bot legal/illegally.

You're acting as if every player should have the same mentality/outlook on the game as you, and if they don't then they should get lost

But it is just clever use of game mechanics deal with it. Who cares about if it is clever use of game mechanic or not. It is the input vs output thing people care about, that is why I call this thing botting because the input vs output is very similar to botting.

It's similar to botting, yes. But it's nowhere near the same thing. Botting is way more efficient and allows you to basically acquire an infinite amount of gold for zero opportunity cost. Thing such as splashing and NMZ are extremely inefficient compared to a player using a real bot.

​It's absolutely efficient enough to be called legalbotting

I don’t think it is worth it to use so much time to level up my account. If you think playing this game is a waste of time. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT THEN?

That's the point; I quit playing OSRS until I discovered AFKing because I didn't want to get 99 mage and max combat for the third time just to be able to enjoy my favorite activities from 2006 (Castle Wars, PKing, etc). Like I said, different players have different priorities and hobbies on OSRS. I wanted max combat so I could spend all of my free time on RS having fun doing PvP. You seem to think that everybody wants to just max out their combat, then never touch combat ever again while wearing capes of achievement and expecting recognition, rather than wanting to max out combat so they could enjoy activities that they earned the right to enjoy many years ago.

I don’t want to spend my time leveling up my account. Same excuse as botters, and botting is not legal for very obvious reasons. Like if you want something in real life like good grades/good results in sport you have to work for it, why should rs be any different.

Like I said, most of my friends from 2006 have popped on OSRS once they discovered it and talked to me about how excited they were to be able to go PKing or do PvM with me like we used to when we were younger. But then once they realize all their stats are level 1, they log off and I never hear from them again. They basically feel like they worked hard to level up their stats in the first place in RS3, but then EoC came along and rendered all of their accomplishments for naught. So then OSRS comes along, offering a way to enjoy the hobbies that they once enjoyed again... except now they're told that they have to max out their stats again, and if they get upset about it, then they're being lazy, entitled, and selfish. It's a slap in the face.

I'm struggling to understand that you friend deserves maxed combat in OS just because he maxed combat in a different game.

You view gaining XP as the core purpose of playing RS. We view combat as the core purpose of playing RS. 

The bottom line is, you see combat as just another skill to maximize XP in for ranks. Other people see combat as a means to enjoy the activities that they once enjoyed, but were suddenly banned from via EOC and the OSRS stat reset.

So what's the solution? Either create a permanent sandbox mode for PKers like the Tournament Arena from a couple months ago, and/or make it so training skills is actually fun and engaging.

I totally understand why AFKing would upset a player with your mentality and playstyle. But to suggest that the players abusing AFK methods are doing so because they're just a bunch of lazy, entitled, selfish people who want to suck the life out of the game and brag about their "accomplishments" isn't a very realistic or accurate perspective on the issue.

Gemeos2
[ Display Name History ]

Gemeos2

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • RSN:Gemeos2 RS3
  • RSN '07:Gemeos2

of my chest.

45% of the community wants it to stay in the game, why are you so against it? It’s because it is damaging the game in so many different ways. It devalues runecrafting, like who alchs when you now can splash overnight. This also hurts fletching and crafting, because those skills produce alchables. It also devalues strength attack defence hitpoints and magic to close to worthless 99s.

Acording to Mini Finbarr(rank 3 Slayer) The drop in smokebattlestaff prices will only affect pvm orientated very slightly while it will not even effect efficient slayers at all. While a 10 gp drop in the Nature rune price will make you loose 15m from 91-99 RC if you are doing double Nats. If you compare from the perspective that you are going for max total the difference is a ton in terms of the potential loss in Nats gp vs the loss of Smoke staff price.  They are also planning to buff the smoke staff in the future https://twitter.com/JagexAsh/status/642274198929412096

About barrows, the guthan set had it's uses even before NMZ and will atleast not become dead content.  And maybe Dharock will raise in price because people will do that in nmz instead.

Why is this a bad thing? It devalues endgame content and people are able to enjoy this content without the skill to get the 99s.

If you were a PKer, you'd understand that the more people with high combat levels to compete with, the better. I remember at the beginning of OSRS when a friend of mine no-lifed his combat stats... only to find that he had no competition in the wilderness because nobody else was on his level yet. 

You say skill, is it really any skill in getting a 99 in these combat stats? Yes, it was before nmz, because staying focused/efficient/entertained over time is not easy, and many people are not able to do it. It takes simply dedication that many players find to be very difficult.

A 5 year old might have the brain capacity but does he have the required dedication? With the logic that everything that requres time is easy 99 Runecrafting would be easy as well. Because the skill it'self isn't difficult at all. However lots of people are even struggling to even get 91.  And let's just say that I have some friends that i don't really think would have had 99 in melee skills now if it wasn't for nmz guthan, and that has nothing do to with their total time played.  And btw some people really enjoy grinding.

Legalbotting made me come back to rs and I’ve not seen the numbers of active players dropping, this probably means that it’s good for rs. It would probably be less players if people wasn’t able to bot legally right  :P? I don’t want new players who bot legal/illegally.

But it is just clever use of game mechanics deal with it. Who cares about if it is clever use of game mechanic or not. It is the input vs output thing people care about, that is why I call this thing botting because the input vs output is very similar to botting.

It's similar to botting, yes. But it's nowhere near the same thing. Botting is way more efficient and allows you to basically acquire an infinite amount of gold for zero opportunity cost. Thing such as splashing and NMZ are extremely inefficient compared to a player using a real bot.

​It's absolutely efficient enough to be called legalbotting

I don’t think it is worth it to use so much time to level up my account. If you think playing this game is a waste of time. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT THEN?

That's the point; I quit playing OSRS until I discovered AFKing because I didn't want to get 99 mage and max combat for the third time just to be able to enjoy my favorite activities from 2006 (Castle Wars, PKing, etc). Like I said, different players have different priorities and hobbies on OSRS. I wanted max combat so I could spend all of my free time on RS having fun doing PvP. You seem to think that everybody wants to just max out their combat, then never touch combat ever again while wearing capes of achievement and expecting recognition, rather than wanting to max out combat so they could enjoy activities that they earned the right to enjoy many years ago.

I don’t want to spend my time leveling up my account. Same excuse as botters, and botting is not legal for very obvious reasons. Like if you want something in real life like good grades/good results in sport you have to work for it, why should rs be any different.

Like I said, most of my friends from 2006 have popped on OSRS once they discovered it and talked to me about how excited they were to be able to go PKing or do PvM with me like we used to when we were younger. But then once they realize all their stats are level 1, they log off and I never hear from them again. They basically feel like they worked hard to level up their stats in the first place in RS3, but then EoC came along and rendered all of their accomplishments for naught. So then OSRS comes along, offering a way to enjoy the hobbies that they once enjoyed again... except now they're told that they have to max out their stats again, and if they get upset about it, then they're being lazy, entitled, and selfish. It's a slap in the face.

I'm struggling to understand that you friend deserves maxed combat in OS just because he maxed combat in a different game.

So what's the solution? Either create a permanent sandbox mode for PKers like the Tournament Arena from a couple months ago, and/or make it so training skills is actually fun and engaging.

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

1 Lynx Titan 8,881EHP +130EHP +35,6mXP: (15m Herblore)(3,8m Slayer)(3,1m Ranged)(1,1m Magic)

Lynx did another big Herblore/Slayer week with a little bit lower Ranged:Slayer ratio than normal. He maintained the standard magic xp from smoke devils. It will be interesting to see how much EHP he will gain without guthan in the future.

Upcoming Milstones: 100m Herblore and first to 2B xp

2 Vestfold(YesToAfkSail) 8,395EHP +71EHP +7,4mXP: (5,1m Fishing)(1,1m Farming)()

Pretty much same as last week 3tick Fishing with the daily tree runs.

Upcoming Milstones: 100m Fishing

3 Trance Music 6,800EHP +102EHP +10,8mXP: (3m Woodcutting)(2,6m Agility)(344k Rc)

The Hexis general has as usuall done some skillhopping between dem roofs/teaks(assuming no 3tick)/Nats while getting the 800k Farming xp weekly which he pretty much does every single week.

4 Hey Jase EHP 6,569EHP +71EHP +15,7mXP: (2,5m Slayer)(2,4m Ranged)(760k magic)(450k Fishing)

Jase did another week of Slayer, it seems like barraging smokes are pretty much normal at this point. It’s also worth a mention that he got a little bit of Fishing xp as well.

Upcoming Milstones: 50m Hitpoints

5(+1) N01perfect 6,411EHP +75EHP +2,1mXP: (2m Runecrafting)

Same as always

6(-1) Sick Nerd (Sickburnout) 6,410EHP +0EHP +0XP:

The former rank 1 in EHP/overall gained 2,6k Hitpoints xp while loosing another rank to N01perfect, he could loose potentially another rank next week as well.

Upcoming Milstones:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Malt Lickeys 6,362EHP +68EHP +15,3mXP: (2,6m Slayer)(1,3m Farming)(3m Ranged)(550k Magic)

Another pure slayer week from rank 1 slayer with the daily farm runs. He also had the highest Ranged:Slayer ratio in this top 15 update.

8 Randalicious 6,042EHP +55EHP +19,9mXP: (11,2m Herblore)(3,6m Smithing)(2,5m Strength)

Rank 2 overall achived 150m Herblore and has a steady pace towards 200m Herblore and being first with 6 200m’s. He also got some smith xp from runite smithing and some Strength from afk NMZ. And it’s worth a mention that he got rank 1 Herblore Month as well.

Upcoming Milstones: 200m Herblore and first to 6 200m’s

9 Mini Finbarr 5,975EHP +75EHP +19,3mXP :(4m Slayer)(4,2m Ranged)(900k Magic)(1,2m Farming)

Another pure slayer week from the leader of Solace. The farming xp is also no surprise.

10(+2) Senze 5,687EHP +131EHP +20,8mXP: (13,2m Craft)(2,1 Smith)(1,9m Rc)(1m Farm)

The king of lava runes gained 2 EHP ranks and achieved 50m Runecrafting. He switched afterwards to a mix between Crafting and smithing.

Upcoming Milstones: 50m Crafting

11(-1) Viore 5,665EHP +53EHP +10,1mXP: (6,3m Smithing)(1,3m Farming)(870k Fishing)

The Solace general did mostly again Smithing with a small dose of Fishing and the standard daily tree runs.

12(-1) Gingbino 5,652EHP +54EHP +6,1mXP: (3,7m Fishing)(1,1m Farming)(532k Magic)

Same as always, 3tick barb/imbue with daily tree runs

13(+1) Razor Beast 5,375EHP +72EHP +30,6mXP: (27m Firemaking)(1,6m Farming)(1,3m Magic)

Razor has still not burned through his cash stack, he achieved 50m Firemaking this week and seems to get quite a bit magic xp from imbue as well. Razor seems also to be the one who gets most Farm xp weekly. Is he the only one who sometimes does 3 magic runs a day?

Upcoming Milstones: 100m Firemaking

14(-1) Viper Kai 5,358EHP +53EHP +7mXP: (5m Woodcutting)(106k Slayer)(1m Firemaking)

Viper seems not to be finished with his skillhoping even though his majority of gainz was in the chop chop skill. I will not be surprised if he dicides to do woodcutting because it’s probably one of the most efficient skills to afk, even if you don’t 3tick.

15 Scotwilson 5,313EHP +72EHP +18,5mXP: (3,8m Slayer)(950k Farming)(3,9m Ranged)(647k Magic)

Scot is still doing slayer and seems to make his rank 1 Slayer month bigger for each day even with the daily farm runs.

Outside of the top 15:

Trickool is still getting closer to the top 15, and Acid Soul seems to been having quite big and consistent gainz for a very long time now. He could also potentially enter the top 15. 

Jj Dynomite
[ Display Name History ]

Jj Dynomite

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts

8 Randalicious 6,042EHP +55EHP +19,9mXP: (11,2m Herblore)(3,6m Smithing)(2,5m Strength)

Rank 2 overall achived 150m Hunter and has a steady pace towards 200m Herblore and being first with 6 200m’s. He also got some smith xp from runite smithing and some Strength from afk NMZ. And it’s worth a mention that he got rank 1 Herblore Month as well.

Upcoming Milstones: 200m Hunter and first to 6 200m’s

I believe you meant to say herblore, lol.

jj_dynomite.pngwilderness_ditch.png

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

Wops my bad, thanks for telling me

Greendor
[ Display Name History ]

Greendor

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • RSN:Greeendor
Top Players with the most skills at 200m:

1. Hey Jase (5)
2. Randalicious (5) 
3. Lynx Titan (5)
4. Vestfold (4)
5. Unohdettu2 (4)
6. Mini Finbarr (4)
7. Nerd (4) +1 Hitpoints
8. Home Page (3)
9. Sick Burnout (3)
10. Rigondeaux (3)

Top Players with the most skills over 100m:

1. Malt (7) 
2. Lynx Titan (7) 
3. Hey Jase (7) 
4. Randalicious (7) 
5. Vestfold (7) +1 Fishing
6. Trance Music (5) 
7. Nerd (5) 
8. sickBurnout (4)
9. Unohdettu2 (4) 
10. Mini Finbarr (4) 

Top Players with the most skills over 50m:

1. Lynx Titan (14) +5 Attack, Defence, Strength, Hitpoints, Herblore
2. Randalicious (11) 
3. Hey Jase (11) +1 Hitpoints
4. Vestfold (9)
5. sickBurnout (8)  
6. Dedwilson (8)
7. Senze (8) +2 Runecraft, Crafting
8. Malt (7)
9. Mini Finbarr (7) 
10. Trance Music (7) +1 Farming

Maxed OSRS

Dragonseance Fanboy

Efficiency Experts

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

1 Lynx Titan 9,009EHP +122EHP +32,7mXP: (15,1m Herblore)(3,4m Slayer)(2,4m Ranged)

Lynx achieved over 9000!!! EHP while doing pretty much the same as last week. He also got a much lower Ranged:Slayer ratio than usually.

Upcoming Milstones: 2B xp 100m Herblore

2 Vestfold(YesToAfkSail) 8,476EHP +74EHP +7,7mXP: (5,4m Fishing)(1,1m Farming)()

Vestfold achieved 100m Fishing and shows no sign of stopping yet.

3 Trance Music 6,751EHP +96EHP +8,8mXP: (4,8m Agility)(500k Woodcutting)(200k Runecrafting)

Another big consistent week from Trance, this week it seems like the hexis general has been running on the roofs while imbuing and running to the nature altar.

4 Hey Jase EHP 6,636EHP +63EHP +14,7mXP: (2,9m Slayer)(1,1m Farming)(2,3m Ranged)

The former rank 1 overall is still doing slayer while doing his daily tree runs. He achived 50m Hitpoints this week and is getting closer to 50m Slayer as well.

Upcoming Milstones: 50m Slayer

5 N01perfect 6,502EHP +82EHP +2,3mXP: (2,2m Runecrafting)

Nothing new here. Heard long ago a rumour that N01 was planning to do lavas for his last RC xp towards 200m to secure rank 1 runecrafting. So far it’s been talk but no action.

6(+1) Malt Lickeys (Malt) 6,425EHP +62EHP +13,4mXP: (2,5m Slayer)(1,3m Farming)(2,7m Ranged)

Malt passed inactive Nerd for rank 6 while doing what he usually do. Interesting enough he seems to be the only on in the top 15 who does not barrage smoke devils even though he apparently should have a big bank through pvmscape on an alt.

7(-1) Sick Nerd (Sickburnout) 6,410EHP +0EHP +0XP:

Pretty much nothing

8 Randalicious 6,094EHP +50EHP +19,5mXP: (12,1m Herblore)(2m Smithing)(1,4m Farming)(2,5m Str)

Pretty much same as last week, the majority of the xp is from Herblore while getting his usual Farming Smithing and Strength xp.

Upcoming Milstones: first to 6 200m’s

9 Mini Finbarr 6,056EHP +77EHP +18,8mXP: (3,7m Slayer)(3,7m Ranged)(1,3m Farming)

The leader of Solace has finished another Slayer week with his daily routine of tree farm runs.

10 Senze 5,767EHP +72EHP +21,7mXP: (16,8m Crafting)(3,2m Smithing)(1,1m Farming)

The lava king is back to the normal ehp life with a big Crafting/Smithing week. This made him also achieve 50m Crafting

11 Viore 5,735EHP +65EHP +8,2mXP: (3,5m Fishing)(1,1m Farming)(680k Magic)

Viore seems to be bored of buyables and switched to fishing/imbue.

12 Gingbino 5,725EHP +69EHP +7,5mXP: (4,8m Fishing)(1m Farming)

Ging seems to be busy switching hats https://www.youtube....h?v=Cob04eBDShA

13 Razor Beast 5,445EHP +66EHP +28,1mXP: (24,7m Firemaking)(1,4m Farming)(1,2m Magic)

Razor is still burning dem logs while imbuing

Upcoming Milstones: 100m Firemaking

14 Viper Kai 5,405EHP +42EHP +5,4mXP: (4,2m Woodcutting)(873k Firemaking)(226k Farming)

Viper seem to have found his new skill, the firemaking xp is probably from the new adze.

15 Scotwilson 5,390EHP +76EHP +11,5mXP: (3m Fishing)(1,2m Slayer)(1m Farming)

Scot broke his pure slayer streak and did some fishing.

Outside of the top 15:

Trickool is slowly but steady getting closer to the top 15.

Off topic:

Iron Oziris got the new Runecrafting day record

RandomGuy123
[ Display Name History ]

RandomGuy123

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts