Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Ring_World

200m in All Skills

Did the whole AFKing controversy introduce EHP as a favored means of tracking, or have people been using EHP long before AFKing? I never heard the term until the update which showed your OSRS playtime

Did the whole AFKing controversy introduce EHP as a favored means of tracking, or have people been using EHP long before AFKing? I never heard the term until the update which showed your OSRS playtime

afaik it was never used for rs3 because it was far too complicated to keep up to date and even get good rates for. There are a massive amount of factors on rs3 that can change xp/hour and add to that weekly updates that tweak random skills made it unrealistic.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

afaik it was never used for rs3 because it was far too complicated to keep up to date and even get good rates for. There are a massive amount of factors on rs3 that can change xp/hour and add to that weekly updates that tweak random skills made it unrealistic.

That's one of the reasons I love osrs so much, it's so simple  :wub:

• Like 1

My yt: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

• Like 1

Using runners for Runecrafting is macro efficient now because of the GE, so i don't really think they should be taken out from the EHP list.

Does that mean you think Foot should change the post 99 xp rate?

There is no point in having a calculator that calcs the most theoretical efficient way. For example setting the construction rate to 12m xp/h (demonic throne) would be stupid because nobody is going to use that method for 200m construction, even though it is the most efficient way if you make infinity gp/h.

And the reason why using runners where not considered efficient was because pretty much no one would be able to make the money you got from double nats through other ways, and at the same time stay macro efficient.

Well ignoring con and to a lesser extend certain other skills, any donationscape can do the fastest possible methods

There is no point in having a calculator that calcs the most theoretical efficient way. For example setting the construction rate to 12m xp/h (demonic throne) would be stupid because nobody is going to use that method for 200m construction, even though it is the most efficient way if you make infinity gp/h.

And the reason why using runners where not considered efficient was because pretty much no one would be able to make the money you got from double nats through other ways, and at the same time stay macro efficient.

Well ignoring con and to a lesser extend certain other skills, any donationscape can do the fastest possible methods

nice update, but it sorta makes more sense to base it on EHP instead of xp. And lastly Viore ain't no real grill.

Thanks! I didn't and most likely won't write the updates based on EHP. Reason 1 is that it's not how langer and A13D wrote them and everyone else who took care of them in the old days, I'd rather keep the style as similar as possible. Reason 2 is that personally I'd rather monitor and comment on XP changes. Finally it allows me some diversity when writing them, writing "Lynx Titan gained 130 EHP this week, Randalicious gained 110 EHP this week" is a lot more monotonous and dull that writing "Lynx Titan spread his 130 EHP week over Herblore, Firemaking and Smithing, gaining 2m Xp in these skills". Hopefully people don't mind too much!

Oh and also, I know about Viore, just a little banter.

Using runners for Runecrafting is macro efficient now because of the GE, so i don't really think they should be taken out from the EHP list.

Why does the GE change anything? Due to the increased Nature Rune prices?

Maxed OSRS

Dragonseance Fanboy

Efficiency Experts

Does that mean you think Foot should change the post 99 xp rate?

No, simply because pretty much everyone still does double nats past 91 rc.

Most people are against the idea that you have to beg in order to be considered efficient. 

Anyone can use donations right now. Nothing's holding anyone back from using donations, but it is very far from being accepted as a state of normality by the skilling community.

What the calculator is supposed to be based on doesn't have anything to do with morals. If most people in the high level community took donations, and this was a big factor in their income. Then the calculator should been based on that, but because pretty much no one in the high level community takes donations (I think at least) it should not be based on donationscape.

Thanks! I didn't and most likely won't write the updates based on EHP. Reason 1 is that it's not how langer and A13D wrote them and everyone else who took care of them in the old days, I'd rather keep the style as similar as possible. Reason 2 is that personally I'd rather monitor and comment on XP changes. Finally it allows me some diversity when writing them, writing "Lynx Titan gained 130 EHP this week, Randalicious gained 110 EHP this week" is a lot more monotonous and dull that writing "Lynx Titan spread his 130 EHP week over Herblore, Firemaking and Smithing, gaining 2m Xp in these skills". Hopefully people don't mind too much!

Why does the GE change anything? Due to the increased Nature Rune prices?

Who says you can't do EHP and xp at the same time  8-)

It's just so funny to see Hey Jase on top then he is not even the 5th closest to 200m all, and that's after all what we are discuss on this thread.

And flipping happend, which makes lavas to 200m more likely. Still really hard to get the money for that, but I will not be suprised if the guy who is first to 200m all does alot of lavas on his way.

• Like 1

It's just so funny to see Hey Jase on top then he is not even the 5th closest to 200m all, and that's after all what we are discuss on this thread.

Suomi was the closest to 200m all skills in around 2009-10, Rank 1 EHP will be rank 1 in my updates when they have the most overall Xp :P I will however try and mention EHP rank changes etc in the comment though :)

Also here's a little list I compiled:

Players with the most skills over 100m Xp:

1. Malt Lickeys (6)
2. Hey Jase (5)
3. Lynx Titan (5)
4. Randalicious (5)
5. Vestfold (4)
6. Sick Nerd (4)
7. Unohdettu2 (4)
8. Rigondeaux (3)
9. Oskar (3)
10. Viore (3)

Players with the most skills over 50m Xp:

1. Randalicious (9)
2. Sick Nerd (8)
3. Hey Jase (7)
4. Lynx Titan (6)
5. Vestfold (6)
6. Malt Lickeys (6)
7. Senzewilson (6)
8. Trance Music (5)
9. Mini Finbarr (5)
10. Mmichael (5)

Not sure about the accuracy as I just browsed the top page and top players in skills for the info, if there are any corrections I'll edit them in :D 
  • Like 1

Maxed OSRS

Dragonseance Fanboy

Efficiency Experts

The elements of the game are quite simple, but there can also be a lot of depth in it (as you may know) if you're a good skiller/trying to improve as a skiller. And I'm not talking about mastering methods in skills to optimize efficiency - that's quite easy. The real depth lies in the mental aspect.

The presentation of the game is delivered in a minimalistic manner while leaving it open for different interpretations. It's a game where the noobiest of noobs and the most elite of elite can meet eachother. Both type of players can enjoy the game in their own way, and I think this is quite unique for an MMORPG (might be wrong). I think it's a work of art. The freedom and power to the individual is what I particularly like about rs along with the minimalistic feel.

That's the reason why I dislike macro-efficiency, it restricts freedom and it robs the soul of the player, because a macro-efficient mindset dictates the player, harming the freedom of personal choices to a certain extent. One might say that it's a choice to be macro-efficient, but that's not very unique is it? No sense of individuality. It might be fun for some people, but it definitely doesn't appeal to me.

oh God, here we go again.

Hi

Prove that you're the real Viore?

Can confirm that he is Viore

Weekly Update of the Top 10

1. Unohdettu2 (817m Xp) +13.8m Xp - Currently has the most combat exp at 777m and there's no stopping him! It's not too long until he's completely maxed out!

Coming Milestones: 200m Defence + Hitpoints + 800m combat exp. He should also be the first person to 200m hitpoints. What a legend.

2. Home Page (794m Xp) +1.6m Xp - The God is back! Currently the only person with two permanent rank ones and will most likely stay there. WOW!

Coming Milestones: 800m exp

3. Randalicious (1.31b Xp) +23.8m Xp - Keeping up his pace to top page strength (currently rank 31). This will put him at 8 top page spots (including overall). Incredible

Coming Milestones: Top page strength.

4. Zulu (686m Xp) +17.4m Xp - Currently sitting at rank 18 defense and counting. Let's see if he can't finish in the top 10 and go down in Old School RuneScape history!

Coming Milestones: Top 10 defense.

5. Sensewilson (762m Xp) +50m Xp - Sitting at rank 2 current top weekly exp next to the one, the only, the unstoppable Susan. Maybe next week.

Coming Milestones: 250m total combat exp (Atk+Str+Def+HP).

6. Bury (684M Xp) +12.8m Xp - About 11 hours of slayer this week from the Slaystar co-leader, but not enough to get 1.3m in each combat stat. Consistent sleeping gains is what we like to see. Keep it up.

Coming Milestones: 40m all combats + 50m HP!

7. Nerd (917M Xp) +28.8m Xp - Couple buyables here and there but we can look past that. What's this? 95m HP? So close to 100m for this well-deserved top 10 overall player. Let's see if he can't be the 9th person to 100m HP.

Coming Milestones: Rank 8 overall + first player to 100m HP on top page overall. Mark your calendars for this one, folks.

8. Whips (623M Xp) +31.6m Xp - The perfect example of how slow and steady wins the race. Don't think I've ever seen a week from this guy with less than 1m combats. Consistency over all; a lesson to be learned for all.

Coming Milestones: 200m total combat exp (Atk+Str+Def+HP).

9. Jakee (607M Xp) +6.7m Xp - No surprises here. Still slowly closing in on that permanent rank 5 attack. Hard work pays off.

Coming Milestones: 200m attack + Permanent rank 5 attack.

10. Oskar (969M Xp) +36.4m Xp - Slightly disappointing week from this long time top pager and top 5 overall player. 400k combats across the board. What happened?

Coming Milestones: Nothing in site.

Thanks for reading! <3 

• Like 1

Trance Music, please try and keep discussion on topic instead of posting about combat XP and asking Viore questions you could ask in game or through a PM.

• Like 1

Maxed OSRS

Dragonseance Fanboy

Efficiency Experts

Trance Music, please try and keep discussion on topic instead of posting about combat XP and asking Viore questions you could ask in game or through a PM.

How is combat exp not on topic? And Viore and I have not been talking since we broke up recently, so I had to ask her on here.

• Like 1

Well most top players gain combat Xp, but an update entirely on how much combat Xp random players gained this week isn't relevant to 200m all skills. Theres also no difference in sending Viore a PM and replying to them on a thread if you aren't talking to them on a personal level. Don't be so childish.

Maxed OSRS

Dragonseance Fanboy

Efficiency Experts

Well most top players gain combat Xp, but an update entirely on how much combat Xp random players gained this week isn't relevant to 200m all skills. Theres also no difference in sending Viore a PM and replying to them on a thread if you aren't talking to them on a personal level. Don't be so childish.

No offence, but I've received some positive feedback on my updates so I think I will continue to post them even if you dislike them. If you're really that opposed to it, feel free to ignore my posts. :)

• Like 1

That one player, that's also in the same clan as you? Feel free to keep posting them, I'm not gonna read them. Please consider using a different style / not copying and pasting my updates then editing them. I'm sorry that you don't value the integrity of this thread, but until a moderator says otherwise, keep doing what you're doing I guess. Thank you, and god bless.

• Like 1

Maxed OSRS

Dragonseance Fanboy

Efficiency Experts

That one player, that's also in the same clan as you? Feel free to keep posting them, I'm not gonna read them. Please consider using a different style / not copying and pasting my updates then editing them. I'm sorry that you don't value the integrity of this thread, but until a moderator says otherwise, keep doing what you're doing I guess. Thank you, and god bless

Although Trance_Music and I have our differences and don't get along well due to our romantic history, I thoroughly enjoyed his relevant update and evaluation of these well worthy candidates for 200m all. :)

• Like 1

Weekly Update of the Top 10

1. Unohdettu2 (817m Xp) +13.8m Xp - Currently has the most combat exp at 777m and there's no stopping him! It's not too long until he's completely maxed out!

Coming Milestones: 200m Defence + Hitpoints + 800m combat exp. He should also be the first person to 200m hitpoints. What a legend.

2. Home Page (794m Xp) +1.6m Xp - The God is back! Currently the only person with two permanent rank ones and will most likely stay there. WOW!

Coming Milestones: 800m exp

3. Randalicious (1.31b Xp) +23.8m Xp - Keeping up his pace to top page strength (currently rank 31). This will put him at 8 top page spots (including overall). Incredible

Coming Milestones: Top page strength.

4. Zulu (686m Xp) +17.4m Xp - Currently sitting at rank 18 defense and counting. Let's see if he can't finish in the top 10 and go down in Old School RuneScape history!

Coming Milestones: Top 10 defense.

5. Sensewilson (762m Xp) +50m Xp - Sitting at rank 2 current top weekly exp next to the one, the only, the unstoppable Susan. Maybe next week.

Coming Milestones: 250m total combat exp (Atk+Str+Def+HP).

6. Bury (684M Xp) +12.8m Xp - About 11 hours of slayer this week from the Slaystar co-leader, but not enough to get 1.3m in each combat stat. Consistent sleeping gains is what we like to see. Keep it up.

Coming Milestones: 40m all combats + 50m HP!

7. Nerd (917M Xp) +28.8m Xp - Couple buyables here and there but we can look past that. What's this? 95m HP? So close to 100m for this well-deserved top 10 overall player. Let's see if he can't be the 9th person to 100m HP.

Coming Milestones: Rank 8 overall + first player to 100m HP on top page overall. Mark your calendars for this one, folks.

8. Whips (623M Xp) +31.6m Xp - The perfect example of how slow and steady wins the race. Don't think I've ever seen a week from this guy with less than 1m combats. Consistency over all; a lesson to be learned for all.

Coming Milestones: 200m total combat exp (Atk+Str+Def+HP).

9. Jakee (607M Xp) +6.7m Xp - No surprises here. Still slowly closing in on that permanent rank 5 attack. Hard work pays off.

Coming Milestones: 200m attack + Permanent rank 5 attack.

10. Oskar (969M Xp) +36.4m Xp - Slightly disappointing week from this long time top pager and top 5 overall player. 400k combats across the board. What happened?
Coming Milestones: Nothing in site.

Thanks for reading! <3 

nmz prods gets a lot of overall xp but are they serious contenders for 200m all... doubt

Trance_Music brings life to this thread, and personally, I love his contribution!

• Like 1

Regarding posting weekly updates - anyone can feel free to post their own analysis of the top players and discuss/debate their progress in whatever metrics you favor. No one has a monopoly on it, just try to avoid turning it into a spamfest or flaming/bashing. Remember discussion and debates are always welcome, but flaming is never okay and that's where we draw the line.

And in terms of style, there's really only so many options. Keep in mind this is a public forum you're writing on, not a copyrighted document. If people want to use a similar style with fonts and colors, that's their prerogative. You can think of imitation as the sincerest form of flattery ;). But really, unless they're copying your stuff word for word (and if so, please use the report button), it counts as original content. If you want something that feels a bit more individualized, you're welcome to make your own blog in BlogScape tracking them, for example.

Cheers, and let's try to stay on topic :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.