Lumbridge Rebuildathon [30-Oct-2013]

Miss Lioness

Lumbridge Rebuildathon

October holiday event - free players and members

The Battle of Lumbridge was a conflict of earth-shattering proportions, shifting the balance of power among the gods. For the ordinary people of Lumbridge, though, little was left but shattered lives and a heck of a hole in the ground.

Foreman George is the chief steak-holder (well...probably) in the Lumbridge Rebuildathon: a non-profit venture to repair the ruined town. He's cooking up a plan to restore Explorer Jack's home, Hank's Fishing Shop and theLumbridge General Store, using salvaged materials from the war camps and the town itself. To achieve this, he needs volunteers to clear rubble and gather resources, rebuilding Lumbridge's levelled homes from the ground up.

Each day, you'll be able to visit Foreman George for details of what he needs done next, so you can collect the items he needs from around the area and deposit them where he asks. Your contribution will be measured in points, of which you can earn 1500 per day, and these points can be exchanged at George's Rebuildathon Rewards Store for XP lamps. Of these, the small Rebuildathon lamp is available to free players only, at a cost of 750 points. The medium Rebuildathon lamp is available to free players (for 1500 points) and members (750). There's also a large Rebuildathon lamp that's members-only, for 1500 points - note that this won't appear at all on free-to-play worlds.

There are some neat cosmetic rewards on offer too. First up, everyone who contributes gets a builder's apron. Then, as the three buildings are completed, those who have contributed to the Rebuildathon - however much - can claim the following rewards:

• Explorer Jack's house complete: a replica of Explorer Jack's helmet.
  • Hank's Fishing Shop complete: an emote - The Architect.
  • General Store complete: a title - the Builder (members only).

So, get your hands dirty and show the gods how it's done - rebuilding a Lumbridge that'll weather any storm.

The Lumbridge Rebuildathon at RuneFest

There'll be a way to help with the Lumbridge Rebuildathon at RuneFest too. Lend a hand building the Lumbridge house set up at the venue and you'll earn a special code that can be redeemed from Diango for an exclusive title.

Throughout Saturday the 2nd of November (9am-midnight GMT), George will also unveil a new project: to build a memorial to the brave fallen of the Battle of Lumbridge. Help him out with building this and you'll earn contribution points, on top of your daily allowance. Be sure to pitch in - if the memorial's not finished by the end of the day, it'll remain incomplete! Note that redeeming a code obtained at RuneFest itself will count as a full daily contribution to the memorial.

Only a few days to go - we can't wait to see you there!

Mod Maylea and the RuneScape Team

How to start the Lumbridge Rebuildathon:

Speak to Foreman George. He's just north of Lumbridge Castle, by the Combat Academy.

Requirements:

None, although there are extra rewards for members.

In Other News
  • We've added a wishing well just south of the Grand Exchange. There you can contribute coins, in-game items and Bonds, and we'll donate to charity in accordance with your generosity.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]Graphical:

•  
  • The bow is now wielded correctly during the Dungeoneering 120 skill cape emote. 
  • Explosions from the Taskmaster emote once again occur in the air. 
  • The pickaxes outside of the Taverley mine, and the one held by Tobias Bronzearms have been updated. 
  • Pirate hats no longer clip with several female hairstyles.
  • The damaged colossus helmet is no longer worn too low or too high on male and female characters respectively.
  • Bentamir no longer has an orange patch on the back of his armour. 

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

•  
  • Level 202 Dungeoneering monsters will now give the correct amount of XP.
  • A typo when adding minced meat to spicy sauce has been fixed. 
  • The full lumberjack outfit will now give the correct amount of bonus XP when chopping crystal trees.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

•  
  • A typo in The Book of the Underworld from the Missing, Presumed Death quest has been fixed.

Other:

• Players will no longer be met with a blank screen under some circumstances relating to email validation in the lobby.
  • Players no longer lose their adrenaline when attempting to cast Sunshine and Death's Swiftness too close to another player's sunbeam or death shroud. 
  • The sign of the porter now gives the correct message when receiving rubies or diamonds from mining ore. 
  • The information on the Grand Exchange for the type of arrows dark bows can fire has been corrected. 
  • The "check duration" option has been removed from the shaman outfit won from the Squeal of Fortune.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The Well of Goodwill

Hi everyone,

Today, we are delighted to announce that we are launching a important update to RuneScape: the Well of Goodwill.

The Well of Goodwill update is a way of enabling the RuneScape community to use their in-game wealth to donate to real-world charitable causes.

Located just south of the Grand Exchange, players can donate their surplus items, gold and even Bonds into the well towards great charitable causes. For every 10 million GP value donated by players, Jagex will donate $1 of real money. For every Bond donated, we’ll pass all revenue received directly on to the charities.

Over the years we’ve privately supported a number of good causes and we thought this time round not only should we try include the community but also focus our efforts towards supporting a number of charities who efficiently and directly support disadvantaged, terminally ill or at-risk young people. While no doubt our list of charities will grow over time, we would like start with a few close to our own heart:

About Willow

Willow supports seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds by providing Special Days.

During uncertain times, each unique Special Day is a positive focus away from treatment or marks recovery from illness. The planning, anticipation and excitement of the day boosts confidence, provides inspiration to make every moment count and creates lasting memories.

Recent research highlighted results from Special Days as ‘astounding’ and this year Willow will provide its 10,000th Special Day.

About SpecialEffect

SpecialEffect is an award-winning charity that helps people with disabilities benefit from the fun, rehabilitation and therapy of video games. They support people of all ages through assessments, equipment loans and equipment modifications.

About Action For Kids

Action For Kids has been helping transform the lives of young people with physical and learning disabilities across the country since 1991, through the provision of mobility equipment, learning, training and support.

For more information please visit www.actionforkids.org.

About GamesAid

GamesAid is a games-industry charity which acts as an umbrella, supporting a number of smaller charities who help disadvantaged and disabled children and young people. It is a non-trading body, administered by trustees who operate on a fixed-term basis, and is run by a chairman who is also appointed on a fixed term. As the only fully democratic charity in the games space, members of the games industry propose and vote for the charities of their choice annually. The charities who get the top number of votes then get an equal share of all the funds raised that year, proving that games and gamers can do great things for others.

About the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF)

The Internet Watch Foundation is the internet hotline for anyone to report online child sexual abuse content hosted anywhere in the world, non-photographic child sexual abuse images and criminally obscene adult content hosted in the UK.

Why are you doing this?

Generosity nourishes the soul. People who have given to good causes and seen the positive impact and good will that it creates will tell you it feels truly great to give! At Jagex, we have always been passionate about our charity work. Jagex - as a company – regularly raises funds and donates thousands of pounds to various charities each year - and that's not including the money that our talent raise alongside us, which we always match pound for pound! We've played a part in Children in Need, Red Nose Day, Movember and a myriad of other charitable events throughout the years.

However, this year we wanted to find a way to extend the act of giving to our players, providing them the freedom to support charities - if they wish - through their in-game efforts, without it necessarily impacting their pockets.

A second benefit of adding the Well of Goodwill is that it will also act as a massive gold sink for the game: something we promised with the launch of Bonds that's still needed, which will have a huge impact on improving the game's economy.

How else can I get involved?

Our Community Team will be holding a number of events throughout November, where you can show your support in-game. plus we will also be running a temporary hiscore for the biggest donators of RSGP and Bonds for you competitive types.

For more information on the Well of Goodwill, please check out the Well of Goodwill page where you can keep track with how much GP has been donated so far. Alternatively, discuss on our forums or read our FAQ.

We thank you in advance for your wonderful support and for truly making a difference.

Thank you for your generosity and support.

Cheers,

Mark Gerhard

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

We've added a wishing well just south of the Grand Exchange. There you can contribute coins, in-game items and Bonds, and we'll donate to charity in accordance with your generosity.

Time for partyhats to be removed from the game?

Our Community Team will be holding a number of events throughout November, where you can show your support in-game. plus we will also be running a temporary hiscore for the biggest donators of RSGP and Bonds for you competitive types

Last I checked, the richest player has about 500b-1t... I wonder if they can spare a bit for this? :lol:

Looks like a good update, and will be fun to get a code at Runefest, wonder if I can get a second code on my other account... :thumbup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Oh look it's the good cause gold sink.

Now, whenever somebody [bleep]es about gold inflation I can say, "Did you do your part and donate at the well?"

• Like 4

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Surely no one in their right mind would donate 10m gp for a 1$ donation when a bond currently costs 6.5m gp and gives a 5$ donation.   Let me know if im misinterpretting this, but the 10m options seems retarded?

• Like 2

Surely no one in their right mind would donate 10m gp for a 1$ donation when a bond currently costs 6.5m gp and gives a 5$ donation.   Let me know if im misinterpretting this, but the 10m options seems retarded?

But the straight donations require less effort to complete if you just want to be charitable with no effort and allows you to directly dump items. So if you have a few million in platebodies or something from training that don't sell you can chuck them in.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ok cool, thanks I see the purpose better now. Awesome idea though. I wonder how much could potentially be raised?!?. Probably the best, most appropriate high scores Jagex will have ever made, looking forward to seeing the results!

Either the lumbridge rebuildathon is bugged, or I am, or my server is, my rewards were all unlocked (title, emote and cosmetic helm). and the game freezes every 10 seconds for me for a bout a second.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The speed at which you can cap daily points is obscene; I predict a nerf in 3-2-1-booooooooom.

Anyway, spent an exhausting 3 minutes to cap, large lmp gave me 98(53?) divination experience at level 70 divination.

meamzed.png

21 Billion and just over 500 bonds gone already. Will this actually impact anything?

And the rebuildathon should get done easily, that little time for that much reward is nuts.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

21 Billion and just over 500 bonds gone already. Will this actually impact anything?

And the rebuildathon should get done easily, that little time for that much reward is nuts.

It's $2,319 towards charity so far. Even if it doesn't have a large effect on the economy nothing wrong with helping charity.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I fail to see the point in donating bonds.

Yay! Let's pay Jagex $5 so that they give it to charity!... Wait... Why buy a bond to donate to charity when I can just directly donate to any of those charities instead?

Unless we can donate bonds bought from other players, in which case directly donating GP is pointless.

• Like 1

I fail to see the point in donating bonds.

Yay! Let's pay Jagex $5 so that they give it to charity!... Wait... Why buy a bond to donate to charity when I can just directly donate to any of those charities instead?

Unless we can donate bonds bought from other players, in which case directly donating GP is pointless.

I believe you can donate bonds bought from other players. However, some players may not like the hassle of that. Gotta go buy the bonds, remember only can put in offers for 6 maximum in g.e. at once (1 per slot). Gotta wait for someone to sell them. Thats if you have the gp at hand to donate. If you have items you need to sell those first then buy. With well you can just throw the items or cash in and be done. 

Also, of course gp is a worse deal than bonds. Jagex is using their own money when you use gp or items, with bonds they're donating the money of the person who bought the bonds.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19