Runefest 3 Discussion

Urza285

OSRS also has a barrows amulet drop in god wars that soaks damage.

Old school is a separate game. Same company, same login, separate game. Deal with it.

Separate game does not mean that we couldn't use some of the good ideas that they have, or they can't use the good ideas that RS3 has. I would think that would be one of the cool parts about parallel design, sharing the best and discarding whats not wanted. 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

see, i told you gods could die again

anyway, hopefully whatever they screw up won't be that important

Thats the only problem I really have with what was announced. I feel like they're rushing it too much. Throwing away some great characters too soon. I really feel like we should have gotten a few years of quests involving the gods before even thinking about killing another one off. The 6th age could have been a great themeatic playground but instead it seems they want to rush towards a conclusion. There's no real story arc because the characters just got here. I won't feel sorrry or victorious when one dies, just depressed at the wasted character.

• Like 1

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

It was awesome.

That is all there is to be said.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Frankly I'm annoyed rs3 isn't getting white dragonhide.

It is a little strange considering 3rd Age Range is made from White Dragonhide. Not sure how they'll tie up that end.

Runefest was great though. Really enjoyed myself and met lots of great people. Worth the trip over for sure. |^_^|

The girl who proposed that idea to have lvl 90 weapons and stuff obtainable through DG had the worst idea ever proposed.  I wanted to slap her through the screen.

• Like 2

The girl who proposed that idea to have lvl 90 weapons and stuff obtainable through DG had the worst idea ever proposed.  I wanted to slap her through the screen.

I'm not sure why it was a bad idea. Chatic crossbows were introduced through Dunge and Zaryte bow still commands a decent price. It kind of makes sense to divide them out like the tier 80 bows. One can be obtained through effort (chaotics), One through a lot of money (Zaryte), and the other through a bit of both (royal, you can buy the parts for a bit of cash but still need to brandish it on QBD's 4th form).

I'm not sure why it was a bad idea. Chatic crossbows were introduced through Dunge and Zaryte bow still commands a decent price. It kind of makes sense to divide them out like the tier 80 bows. One can be obtained through effort (chaotics), One through a lot of money (Zaryte), and the other through a bit of both (royal, you can buy the parts for a bit of cash but still need to brandish it on QBD's 4th form).

And likewise with magic, however, the only t80 melee weapons are dungeon ones.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

And likewise with magic, however, the only t80 melee weapons are dungeon ones.

Yea, they could have done better with mellee weapons there. Overall I think its a decent idea though to give different player types different weapons of near-equal value to earn.

Yea, they could have done better with mellee weapons there. Overall I think its a decent idea though to give different player types different weapons of near-equal value to earn.

And with Dungeoneering in particular, they could easily work it in as a way to keep the skill relevant when it's possible that it'll take more time for you to earn chaotics than it will to get something better. You could have players upgrade their stuff with tokens. Hell, you could do that throughout the entire tier system - give players a level 1 staff, by the time they reach 120 it'll be a level 90+ staff.

Balancing it might be tricky, considering how fast DG gets at higher levels.

And with Dungeoneering in particular, they could easily work it in as a way to keep the skill relevant when it's possible that it'll take more time for you to earn chaotics than it will to get something better. You could have players upgrade their stuff with tokens. Hell, you could do that throughout the entire tier system - give players a level 1 staff, by the time they reach 120 it'll be a level 90+ staff.

Well, it would be a considerable grind, but...

200k tokens for the lvl 80 as present, then you can upgrade it thusly:

100k tokens for lvl 81, 200k for 82, 300k for 83, 400k for 84, 500k for 85, and so on. Altogether, it would cost 5.7M tokens or 57m exp to get a single T90 weapon. So you would be just off 114 DG. I think that's pretty fair.

Following the same pattern of 100k increments, a single item would would cost 192m total exp to upgrade from 80-99. Off-hand equivalents would be half that, so 96m.

4NIrZ.png

Can we get a compendium of information of the Elite Barrows brothers such as where/how the four players enter, the pathing, special attacks of each bother and the final boss?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

100k tokens for lvl 81, 200k for 82, 300k for 83, 400k for 84, 500k for 85, and so on. Altogether, it would cost 5.7M tokens or 57m exp to get a single T90 weapon. So you would be just off 114 DG. I think that's pretty fair.

Following the same pattern of 100k increments, a single item would would cost 192m total exp to upgrade from 80-99. Off-hand equivalents would be half that, so 96m.

So for one main hand weapon someone should basically be 200M dg?

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

So for one main hand weapon someone should basically be 200M dg?

That system would only be if it was for a level 99 weapon. Considering the prices on some of the level 90's I would consider the effort of 200m dunge as reasonable for the best weapon in game. The level 90 would be considerably less.

Yeah, I'd take a gentler approach. Say, 500k tokens for a level 90 weapon (mh, 250k oh, 750k 2h) which is 2.25m tokens* for one weapon of each combat style. More if you want stab/slash/crush and crossbow/bow/thrown separately. Level 99 weapons should incorporate more than just buying from a store, but buying a component from dg is fair game.

* Level 104/120 minimum - if 120 is like a 99, it's 86/99 equivalent, you could add a bit more tokens to make it 90/99 or 109/120 but 10 xp isn't always one token, and you need to fund skilling rewards also.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Some interesting information from a player named Balustan:

Mining and Smithing

A level squash is wanted to make the levels of mining and smithing make more sense so you are using those skills at the same levels you would be using the equipment made by those skills at.

After the squash new tiers of metals would be added in. As you cannot make dragon itself you would be working with the metal itself and use the techniques they used to make something similar to dragon.

In the 70s they intend for equipment infused with god energies to be uncovered. The metal will be called Necronium. You find this rusted equipment, do some smithing and they become as powerful as barrows.

Smithing has the problem of producing far too many items to be used. You will therefore be able to improve your smithing by combining 2 iron swords for example to make a +1 ironsword up to a maximum of +5 which would be called a masterwork. Each level should give you around 1 masterwork which would be useful.

To avoid rendering drops useless they will start at the +5 level but will be able to be combined by smiths with masterwork items to make even better items. This keeps both combat drops and smithing valuable.

In mining the squashing would be the same. They want to do away with drop mining by placing more deposits for mining. The skill would be rebalanced to take this into account as would smithing.

Want to add a variety of pickaxes to make mining more strategic where you pick where to mine and what pickaxe to use. However they will not change the nature of the skill.

As new tiers won't be added immediately they want to find a way to reward high level miners and smithers until they are added. They have not worked out what this is yet.

If this works well it would be used as a model to rework other skills.

There was also some lore talk about the God Wars and god energies and battlefields being infused by those energies and then those being found in the sixth age and the Dragonkin creating dragon equipment long ago but using their techniques.

Agility

Jagex want to remove run energy as it doesn't add anything to the game. They cannot get rid of run energy until they replace run energy with something better.

Ideas they are looking at to replace run energy are things like your agility would speed up your make-x for example and speed up how fast you go through your inventory in some way. Perhaps by working like Varrock armour while smithing. Either that or speeding up your teleports though there are thematic challenges to overcome there.

Both these ideas keep the main benefit of run energy which is that it speeds up skilling but is a bad mechanic overall and one they want to remove.

Want more things like shortcuts, areas and dungeoneering resource dungeons where there are things around the world that you can make use of or get some form of reward for etc. With 99 agility for example you may be able to climb the Grand Exchange to show off.

As for the training they want to make it less repetitive and more varied but will not force a more varied training method.

Summoning

Jagex wanted summoning out with the Evolution of Combat. They want it to be viable as a high level combat skill though it is not only a combat skill.

Training summoning would not just be about making pouches but using the familiars themselves. 

As you use the familiars to train your summoning skill they themselves would level up and become more useful. The idea with that is to give more choice in which familiar you use at certain levels. 

They want to diversift the familiars so you are not just using the same familiar for everything even if it is the highest level familiar it would be better in different situations.

Construction

Instead of having rooms of a fixed size on a grid we would be able to make rooms of various size and shapes and place furniture where we wanted it within a plot. Walls, furniture, skilling equipment. This allows you much more freedom when designing your house.

Want to take the houses out from a pocket dimension and bring them into the world. There will be plots scattered throughout the world. There would be around 20 of them and you would be able to own and build on 5 or 6 of these. 

Houses will be displayed in a similar way to farming patches where you only see your own houses in the plots you own and either your friends or random players houses in the remaining plots.

Instead of training by destroying and creating furniture Jagex intends for you to build entire houses and gain xp by doing that. The way it would work is an NPC would want a house built by you and would give you certain specifications and you would have to build that house for them in one of the plots and then you'd sell the house to the NPC.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

But there are other things to spend tokens on than a single weapon!

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Some interesting information from a player named Balustan:

Agility

[...]

Ideas they are looking at to replace run energy are things like your agility would speed up your make-x for example

[...]

You had my curiosity, you now have my full attention.

But there are other things to spend tokens on than a single weapon!

Yeah...

Like more than 300k tokens just for one single Dungeoneering task >.>

• Like 2

What none of you understand is the reason why the idea is terrible is not because of the token cost, but because it completely devalues PvM.  I'm not saying item drop prices are by any means reasonable, but she proposed having items of the same strength that only LOOKED different.  Considering I can get 1m tokens in a day (I have before, it's possible), PvM would become completely useless.

Methinks her idea was for one or two reasons: 1) She wants more people doing DG  2) She wants more people to sell floors to because she is one of the leaders of a DG clan and people will buy from them if they want cheap lvl 90 items.