Runefest 3 Discussion

Urza285

What none of you understand is the reason why the idea is terrible is not because of the token cost, but because it completely devalues PvM.  I'm not saying item drop prices are by any means reasonable, but she proposed having items of the same strength that only LOOKED different.  Considering I can get 1m tokens in a day (I have before, it's possible), PvM would become completely useless.

Methinks her idea was for one or two reasons: 1) She wants more people doing DG  2) She wants more people to sell floors to because she is one of the leaders of a DG clan and people will buy from them if they want cheap lvl 90 items.

I agree that 1m tokens is way way too low for a T90+ weapon, but DG badly needs high level useful content to revitalize it. Also having easy to obtain alternatives doesnt immediately devalue a PvM drop. Look at zaryte bow. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

What none of you understand is the reason why the idea is terrible is not because of the token cost, but because it completely devalues PvM.  I'm not saying item drop prices are by any means reasonable, but she proposed having items of the same strength that only LOOKED different.  Considering I can get 1m tokens in a day (I have before, it's possible), PvM would become completely useless.

Methinks her idea was for one or two reasons: 1) She wants more people doing DG  2) She wants more people to sell floors to because she is one of the leaders of a DG clan and people will buy from them if they want cheap lvl 90 items.

Dungeoneering was already this way upon its release. Chaotic Longswords and Rapiers were absolutely the best weapons in their category in the game in 2010, and the Chaotic staff was also the best Staff in the game, and the chaotic crossbow was also the best crossbow in the game -- and somehow PVM and the game didn't crumble. And all those items had far less token costs than 1M -- they were about 200K each.

Also, if you're going to excuse her of having an ulterior motive, you had better have some evidence to back that up. She's been quite honest, and articulated a position rather well that most people (including the J-Mods evaluating it) agreed with. There's no reason to suspect foul play here. It's true that she wants more people to do Dung and for items to be more easily accessible, but she was perfectly upfront and honest about, it and her suggestion, by definition, is aimed towards that.

You will therefore be able to improve your smithing by combining 2 iron swords for example to make a +1 ironsword up to a maximum of +5 which would be called a masterwork.

Because that just makes so much sense. >.<

09144a99bb.png

You will therefore be able to improve your smithing by combining 2 iron swords for example to make a +1 ironsword up to a maximum of +5 which would be called a masterwork.

Well; if one sword is good, two swords would be better right?!

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

The whole concept of resmithing two like items together is vaguely familiar to the system Maple Story uses for creating higher quality items. The difference, if I remember correctly, is that you have the base item and you get another product that is pretty universal. You get this item from breaking down other items to use in refining the item you are wishing to upgrade. Also that system was more luck based and could be slightly influenced by other variables.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

also, i'm pretty sure that PvM will still be the source of large piles of resources and money, much to the chagrin of people who actually bother to collect resources by locating and harvesting them, instead of being able to kill everything all the way to 99 without actually having to do much of anything else while being able to access the majority of any kind of item in the world and then using money to solve everything else

the concept of being able to make great things by your own hands rather than taking it from other people is a foreign concept in runescape i guess

8f14270694.jpg

Summoning was one of the best skills brought to the game. After having it reworked and allowing us to 'familiarize' ourselves with our familiars I think it will be just as amazing. Imagine if the pack yack might have a higher storage or lower special cost? What if our titans hit harder or in the metal titans cases maybe offered a higher grade defensive buff?

Jagex could offer each familiar three stages of 'familiarization'. For example the lava golem could start out giving a 10 level hidden mining boost. From there the next stage of development could be having a 10% chance of smelting an ore mined. Then the final stage could offer a 10% chance of coercing a mining spirit to carry away a mined ore to the bank. Jagax could even take things a step further and create more variants to each familiar to signify your familiarity with them. The lava golem could end up looking more and more like a living rock patriach with magma geysers on his shoulders.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Dungeoning doesn't need more high lvl rewards. The T80 melee and range are the second best, while the shields and currently second best.. Plus most of  the other stuff is very good. Charming imp, bonecrusher, zealots..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Dungeoning doesn't need more high lvl rewards. The T80 melee and range are the second best, while the shields and currently second best.. Plus most of  the other stuff is very good. Charming imp, bonecrusher, zealots..

It does if it expects to be a lively activity (which, it by definition, is supposed to be). Have you dunged recently? The place is a complete ghost town and people have completely moved on. It's all the more egregious given that it was once a very lively and popular activity, there were several worlds dedicated to it, with several clans and friends chat dedicated to it. Now even on the best of days one can't even get half a world going. 

All the J-Mods at the Runefest stage when this plan was proposed seemed to look upon it favorably. Given Dungeoneering is by far the most complex and, arguably (in my opinion), the best designed skill -- it's a shame that it's been reduced to this.

Dungeoneering has no consumable rewards, which is a problem for the long-term survival of the skill (yes, weapon repairs with tokens, but that's hardly a reward when you can just pay for the same thing). It should provide t90 2h thrown weapons or something, or t85 power hybrid armour that degrades to dust, to name some awesome rewards.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Would you rather risk a 10-hour-degrade item costing 200k tokens, or a 10-hour repair-for-x-tokens item costing 2000k tokens? What does x have to be? Because in pvp, it sure isn't going to be worth risking millions of tokens.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

No clue how that reflects onto crumbling to dust, I don't care if I have to repair it it's just not worthwhile to fight someone in hybrid armour who'll use different styles and if you get the guy down it dissapears. Why bother? Chaotics, sure thing, someone using three styles with one armour with a 40k risk, no thanks.

It's not even that difficult to gain 200k tokens.

That's a too generous reward for such effort.ejwpyo.gif

Would go get it nontheless/love it (if from dungeoneering) and be the no-risker like the rest though! 2d1mn80.gif

EDIT: I guess the same could have been said from void back in the day though this is indeed a bit more time-incentive then that.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Degrading to dust doesn't mean it drops nothing (it can always drop cash like Ports), it just means the repair cost equals the purchase cost (as with ganodermic, which may not technically degrade to dust, but it degrades to a 10 gp item). That means you risk a lot less (because the armour is cheap) but it costs more in degrade cost (because you buy the whole armour). I understand that that was the reasoning behind Vesta/Statius versus Bandos as well: you can risk a Bandos set or a Vesta set, but if you're going to die every couple of hours, the Vesta sets will be cheaper than the Bandos set, because you end up losing both anyway (one Bandos set equalling several Vesta sets in purchase price).

Dungeons should have some kind of degrade to dust item.

Having something that is a fairly rare drop (sirenic), that requires almost 100 to make a set of armor, to degrade to dust is BAD.. But having something that requires 2-5 hours of a skill to get something that degrades to dust is a good idea.

I think that T90 2h weapons should come from a pool of several skills, dungeon included, that is not very hard to get, but can also be gotten brute force through combat

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

XlUCyy2.png

• Like 4

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Video of Jake? What him collecting his Golden Gnome?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Video of Jake? What him collecting his Golden Gnome?

Yeah they don't like Jake for some reason.  The guy ran miles to get to that stage and he finally made it just on time for his acceptance speech.

What was wrong with the video of Jake? I thought the whole Golden Gnomes thing was the weakest part of runefest but seems silly to target him.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

What was wrong with the video of Jake? I thought the whole Golden Gnomes thing was the weakest part of runefest but seems silly to target him.

He's probably jealous and wanted the video taken down, or wanted Suomi to win or something.