Do we have a "How to EOC Guide" on TIF?

Blyaunte

Some friends of mine who play Runescape are having a difficult time adjusting to EOC. 

And yes, they're "old people". :rolleyes:

Does TIF have a guide that I could link them to, which might show them how to open and set up their abilities bar?

I'd rather not re-invent the wheel, if I don't have to. 

Thanks.

nyuseg.png

I believe the closest we'd have is:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/ability_book.htm

If you need or want anything added, or can think of something useful that isn't included (perhaps even another/new guide altogether), shoot one of us a message or post in our Website Discussion sub-forum and one of us will hop on it.

09144a99bb.png

Try the ingame tutorials

I've suggested that, but .. old people ... :rolleyes:

I believe the closest we'd have is:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/ability_book.htm

If you need or want anything added, or can think of something useful that isn't included (perhaps even another/new guide altogether), shoot one of us a message or post in our Website Discussion sub-forum and one of us will hop on it.

Yeah  - that's nice and all, but what I am really trying to find is a guide for people who are too busy complaining about "how they ruined Runescape" ...

You know, the type that can't or won't actually mess around with "them there fancy doo-dads' and complain that they took "special attacks" out of the game. The type of peeps who are maxed combat but still wear torags, or dragon armour, and want to use whips ... :rolleyes:

I am talking about a guide that literally shows, in pictures, how to open the ability bar and drag abilities thereto, et al ...

And, yes, I know - lost causes and all that -- but a girl's gotta try, right?

nyuseg.png

Opening ability bar is a matter of pressing the [-] button on the bar that shows your Health, Prayer, Adrenaline and Summoning points.

Assigning abilities to boxes is literally the same as dragging files into a folder. Click and hold an ability in your ability book and move your cursor over to the ability bar box, and let go, that will 'put' the ability into that box.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Opening ability bar is a matter of pressing the [-] button on the bar that shows your Health, Prayer, Adrenaline and Summoning points.

Assigning abilities to boxes is literally the same as dragging files into a folder. Click and hold an ability in your ability book and move your cursor over to the ability bar box, and let go, that will 'put' the ability into that box.

Yes hun, I know this. I know how to use the interface, very well, thanks. 

What I was looking for was if we have a guide that actually shows the "steps" on how to set up and use abilities on your Power Bar. Short answer is, "no, we don't". 

Frankly, that's not surprising. This forum is generally for more advanced players and, most likely, everyone here knows how to do it and simply takes for granted just how simple it is.

What you’re failing to grasp is that there are people for whom anything beyond “point and click” becomes so overwhelmingly complicated, that they’d rather play RS07 or Classic, because all them thingery jiggery pokery doo-hickeys make it all too complicated. *facepalm*

... and yes, "thingery jiggery pokery doo-hickeys" is the technical term they use ... :rolleyes:

Not to worry, I’ve already written a “guide” and posted it to a personal forum that they can access which should, for all intents and purposes, solve the problem raised by this thread.

Thanks anyways everyone! :wub:

nyuseg.png

Hello Blyaunte,

I believe this guide here is more or less what you are looking for: http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/beginners_guide.htm

Unfortunately adding picture per instruction is something that we would like to avoid due to the fact that we serve to everyone IE. people with slow internet connections. Though I feel that the pictures we do have in the guide are there when needed.

Oh...and barrows armor is still cool

sigre4.png
999r.png