26-Nov-2013 Coinshare, World Map and Tutorial

Nobody

There are 60 Shard-ed items. There should be 7 more, but I won't get into that.... (just realized Bandos warshield isn't included, either)

The last column is for things like spirit shield prices and also the going prices for seismics. And before you go "oh, well, they made all the prices the same for items of the same type".....look at Torva. NO gwd shield is (or probably even was) as much as the shard price suggests. As for spirit shields, Spectral is much more common a drop than the others.

The main draw for this should be the shard %....not many are even remotely close to 100% value. Spoiler just so I don't clog up the page too much.

HTtEf7w.png

EEbwUha.png

Edit: .....table disappeared when i posted  :wall:

Edit2: Went with pictures instead

I'm sure our kings of mercantilism can handle that.

Except merchants won't touch some of it with a 10 foot pole because of how bad they are. gwd shields? A single shard is almost as much as the item itself. Drygores? Yeah....no

How much time do we have to take advantage of this discrepncy? I'd like to get virtus weapons already.

More than likely none as there's nothing to take advantage of. People with the shards aren't going to sell them as they are because they're not going to get their moneys worth unless the shards are over priced in which case no one is going to buy them. 

Easy Fix : Start all shards out at 1/120th of the price of the item they split from. From then on make the items price and the shards price be linked so that if shards shoot up the item goes up as well. 

I.E. Item x costs 120 mil in GE so shards are 1 mil each. Shards are traded so that they go up in price to 2 mil each, item x goes up to 240 mil each. 

Better yet, just assign one person on Jagex staff to monitor the forums and manually adjust the prices on items that are completely off of their G.E. listed price. That person would literally only have to work 1 day a week to keep up with things and it would really only affect new items or changes to items. 

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Issue with ge has always been that it is a history of past trades; it is not a representation of current value. This is true for all items due to the fact that the ge only updates once daily. However this false representation only increases with higher value items as they are updated less and less often due to lower trade frequency.

At the same time more frequent updates are not necessarily the answer as they can cause panic spikes and dips. And those with extreme banks can push these spikes/dips further for profit.

IMO this new system was poorly thought out. It's a great example of the Jagex policy of release an update and forget about it. The ge has been out for 5 years and we've had what, 4 updates of any significance, if that? It always takes jagex months and months to fix ge issues, such as broken ge prices on sigils. I'm not entirely sure what the solution should have been but we surely need at least twice a day ge price updates at least with certain low volume items updating differently; perhaps showing price ranges for the last ~5-10 trades. I never gave this much thought because I love the broken ge as it's highly profitable. But I do recognize that it's never worked very well. It eliminates player to player trade and makes flipping a million times easier and that's about it.

I always said we need less new updates and more revamps/game fixes. I'd prefer 2 updates a month to old content and 1-2 new pieces of really good content.

• Like 1
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

EDIT

I was on very strong prescription pain meds when I wrote this and it made no sense.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I'm sure our kings of mercantilism can handle that.

Except merchants won't touch some of it with a 10 foot pole because of how bad they are. gwd shields? A single shard is almost as much as the item itself. Drygores? Yeah....no

Oh come on, you're more intelligent than that. The shards don't go straight into the GE like coinshare items did. If I have warshield shards, I'll put them in the GE for 1k each. I don't care what the starting GE price is, and neither will the buyers. The GE price is completely irrelevant, and every merchant knows that. The price discrepancy is a non-issue.

• Like 2
Grate_Scot.png

Not only were there quite a few hidden updates to Barrows/Rise of the Six, but Vorago has been buffed. Because Seismics really need to be made higher; and because let's sabotage our very own new shard system which was meant to lower prices by encouraging participation. What a [bleep]ing joke.

• Like 4

I dont see why everyone is decrying shards just because the start values are a bit wacky.

The prices will fix themselves like all new items do; just because a ge value exists doesn't mean people pay attention to it straight away - that's why street prices exist on new release items.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Going through the entire tutorial (including the mentor system that makes you go through several novice quests) right now, on a new character.

So far, I've noticed that they graphically updated The Blood Pact. The catacombs look better and the three NPCs have updated graphics. They graphically updated Kayle's chargebow, Caitlin's staff and Reese's sword; they added Reese's off-hand sword as well (member only, naturally.)

Also, they put the Lumbridge lodestone back in front of the castle.

Unless I have understood this wrong, but has this update ruined ls? The split system gives all involved, an equal potential...essentially splitting the share of an item.

The new tutorial seems quite nice and thorough.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Unless I have understood this wrong, but has this update ruined ls? The split system gives all involved, an equal potential...essentially splitting the share of an item.

Why would it ruin LS? There have always been people who would rather take the whole drop to themselves than share.

Yeah, it's the best tutorial so far, IMO.

There are people who wrongfully think that the tutorial consists only of Ashdale; there's the mentor system afterwards that teaches you most of the rest, and when you stumble upon something you don't know about, hint boxes pop up to explain it.

It doesn't directly explain every skill thoroughly, though. But I think that's not necessarily a bad thing; It promotes exploration and socialization, as the new player would see an untrained skill in their skills tab, then look around for ways to train it, asking other players if necessary.

I guess a new player could get annoyed that the tutorial didn't explain everything and rq, though.

As I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread, I felt the need to point out that the idea of splitting an item into shards, was originally put forth a few months ago on the OSRS forums, as a potential way to split loots in OSRS, without the need of strict GE prices.  Good to see some of the sterling suggestions are filtering their way.. up!

Nice to see the number 12(0), as an old friend almost.  Divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, etc.

• Like 1

LgEZt.png

Better option still, "flag" an item that is dropped with coinshare and let the person who gets the "flagged" item as a drop put it into the ge at whatever price they want. Then the proceeds go into the banks of whomever was in the party that got the flagged item as a drop.

How is that a better option? Like I don't see any reason why that's better than shards, only why it would be worse.

First of all there's a lot more data involved

And if someone dies with the item, everyone is screwed

And someone could just keep the drop and never sell it, screwing everyone else

Edited my post.

witchynosaur.png

Not only were there quite a few hidden updates to Barrows/Rise of the Six, but Vorago has been buffed. Because Seismics really need to be made higher; and because let's sabotage our very own new shard system which was meant to lower prices by encouraging participation. What a [bleep]ing joke.

Eh? My clan did several Vorago kills this morning with no problems.

EDIT: I suppose for most people that would be "this evening." Whatever.

But yeah, seismics were set to the same price as before this update, meaning no shards will ever be sold in the GE for a very long time.

FAIL UPDATE FAILS.

EDIT 2: Wait, so I understand this correctly, with this can you trade shards or only sell them in the GE?  Also, the problem with the shard change is that it allows mercher scum to decide whether or not you will actually get anything when you receive a drop. If someone has to buy your shards on the GE to receive your money for your split then it means that whereas before when items were crashing hard you could still CS to get gold immediately now if you get a split of a crashing item you will be SOL because your shards won't sell.

Assuming I understand this correctly, this seems like the worst possible thing they could have done.

4NIrZ.png

yeah, it doesn't really make sense for the price of shards to be detached from the price of the item

I think it does, because it allows the completed item to be slightly higher due to convenience, which allows people to assemble shards for profit. Basically it means that the price of a shard will always be close to 1/120 of the price of the item, but without all that command economy stuff that only has negative effects.

• Like 1

EDIT:

I guess the prices will eventually correct themselves because in instances like the seismic wand, people will simply sell shards for like 2.3B/120 driving the price closer to what it really is.

couldnt shard prices go higher then the complete version? With people buying say 10 or 20 at a time when they get cash and make a shortage for people who try to buy the rest of the shards to finish an item from a split.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!