26-Nov-2013 Coinshare, World Map and Tutorial

Nobody

As I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread, I felt the need to point out that the idea of splitting an item into shards, was originally put forth a few months ago on the OSRS forums, as a potential way to split loots in OSRS, without the need of strict GE prices. Good to see some of the sterling suggestions are filtering their way.. up!

Nice to see the number 12(0), as an old friend almost. Divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, etc.

I mentioned it earlier in the BTS thread I think. 120 is a great number because it splits evenly with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 12.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

EDIT:

I guess the prices will eventually correct themselves because in instances like the seismic wand, people will simply sell shards for like 2.3B/120 driving the price closer to what it really is.

couldnt shard prices go higher then the complete version? With people buying say 10 or 20 at a time when they get cash and make a shortage for people who try to buy the rest of the shards to finish an item from a split.
Well yeah that is a good point I suppose. It seems like the shard system allows people the ability to basically put a "downpayment" on particularly rare items. demand in general shouldn't be an issue. It should just mean a higher price on shards or everyone keeps declining to split it up in shards and doing wholesale.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Now I don't mind the changes to the Rise of the Six (I am pretty good at it), but my problem is that they are beating around the bush for it. They obviously want the shields to rise (their fast crash is pretty much unprecedented in RS history for a new high-level item). Fine, if they want them to rise -- okay, not the end of the world, as long as it doesn't rise to something unreasonable. But they are beating around the bush. The reason the shields are so low is partly because they are common, but more importantly, in EoC shields are worthless, and even more importantly, the Corp shields are better and everyone in the world can see that. Why pay lots for these new level 90 shields, when there are level 75 shields that are already quite cheap (20-60M), and are flat out better? It's just so obvious -- I don't see how Jagex could have deluded themselves into think that these new shields would be desirable to anyone so long as they didn't have a damage reduction effect. So if they want to make them rise, just add effects or a MASSIVE stat increase rather than making hidden updates that are making barrows more annoying.

• Like 1

Now I don't mind the changes to the Rise of the Six (I am pretty good at it), but my problem is that they are beating around the bush for it. They obviously want the shields to rise (their fast crash is pretty much unprecedented in RS history for a new high-level item). Fine, if they want them to rise -- okay, not the end of the world, as long as it doesn't rise to something unreasonable. But they are beating around the bush. The reason the shields are so low is partly because they are common, but more importantly, in EoC shields are worthless, and even more importantly, the Corp shields are better and everyone in the world can see that. Why pay lots for these new level 90 shields, when there are level 75 shields that are already quite cheap (20-60M), and are flat out better? It's just so obvious -- I don't see how Jagex could have deluded themselves into think that these new shields would be desirable to anyone so long as they didn't have a damage reduction effect. So if they want to make them rise, just add effects or a MASSIVE stat increase rather than making hidden updates that are making barrows more annoying.

Simple. Add soak to all other shields. DUR

Lets start at 70

Base soak is 10% damage of 30% of your hits

GWD shields should be part of the power set, so soak 10% of the damage, 30% of the time, and add the same damage boost the other armors have

Blessed spirit shield would be 10/30 with a large amount of prayer bonus

DFS would be 8/28, only because it already soaks a large amount of dragon fire

T75

Spectral has a base of 20/40, with the added bonus of reducing damage by 60% if it hits for less than 10% of your total LP

Ely, divine, arcane have a base of 10/30, but boost the prayer drain a LOT. So much, that they would actually be decent to use if you didn't have prayer points, but large enough for a trade off for the higher shields

T80

dungeon shields, 40/60, reduces damage by 80% if it hits for less than 10% your total LP

T90

barrows shields, 50/80, reduces damage by 90% if it hits for less than 15% your total LP

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Here is what I would do to improve these shields:

1) 20% of all incoming damage is reduced, and 2.5% of each hit is converted to prayer points. Thus, you take a hit that rolls for 2k, you instead sustain 1.6k damage and heal 40 prayer points.

2) 75% of damage sustained by type the shield is strong against is deflected back to the attacker. Thus, if you are wearing the melee shield and take 1.8k ranged damage, the monster that hit you will sustain 1350 untyped damage (which results in defense exp, because it's a shield).

This way, the spirit shields still retain some use as the "best" purely-defensive option, but the Barrows Shields are clearly better overall. And it makes shield tanking somewhat better offensively, too.

4NIrZ.png

1) 20% of all incoming damage is reduced, and 2.5% of each hit is converted to prayer points. Thus, you take a hit that rolls for 2k, you instead sustain 1.6k damage and heal 40 prayer points.

2) 75% of damage sustained by type the shield is strong against is deflected back to the attacker. Thus, if you are wearing the melee shield and take 1.8k ranged damage, the monster that hit you will sustain 1350 untyped damage (which results in defense exp, because it's a shield).

This way, the spirit shields still retain some use as the "best" purely-defensive option, but the Barrows Shields are clearly better overall. And it makes shield tanking somewhat better offensively, too.

Not sure they'd do the def exp think since they switched over to exp per kill and not exp per damage. 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Still, they need to do something to shields to make survivability more.

Using a shield results in 50% less dps compared to 2h or dual wield, which SHOULD equate to 50% less damage taken, or even more.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Still, they need to do something to shields to make survivability more.

Using a shield results in 50% less dps compared to 2h or dual wield, which SHOULD equate to 50% less damage taken, or even more.

Only 66% the damage of 2h/dw, not 50%. And then the revenge threshold can be used to boost damage up to 133% the damage of dw/2h. It's not enough to completely offset the loss of dps due to using a shield, but it helps.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Not sure they'd do the def exp think since they switched over to exp per kill and not exp per damage. 

Shrug, easy enough fix then is to make the reflected damage the same type as the shield. So if you use a melee shield, you reflect ranged hits as melee damage and therefore it correlates to melee exp at the end of the kill.

4NIrZ.png

If they would just bring out the shield updates they so promised :). I don't PvM that much but I think this is pathetic... Enough with all the band-aids, please!

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Mod Chris L finally replied (after a lengthy break) to his thread asking for suggestions in the HLF forum. A lot of people asked about the Seismic Wands. He acknowledged the problem, and stated that he had hoped the wands would drop, and that it's unfortunate that they haven't -- but then he went on to say that they have no plans fix this at the moment. And that about sums it up. There's a problem, it's been here for months, it's fairly significant and it affects many players -- what is their response? "Uh..yeah,kthxbai!"

• Like 1

Mod Chris L finally replied (after a lengthy break) to his thread asking for suggestions in the HLF forum. A lot of people asked about the Seismic Wands. He acknowledged the problem, and stated that he had hoped the wands would drop, and that it's unfortunate that they haven't -- but then he went on to say that they have no plans fix this at the moment. And that about sums it up. There's a problem, it's been here for months, it's fairly significant and it affects many players -- what is their response? "Uh..yeah,kthxbai!"

Apparently he never took a simple economics class. The wands did not drop (by much) because nothing was done to change the supply and the demand remains as high as ever. They cost an arm and a leg because you can only feasibly get 3-4 kills per hour and it is a 1/40 drop. It needs to be much more common than that because the kills take so long.

This is just like Jagex. Ask for suggestions and them blow everybody off. Pfft.

4NIrZ.png

Hmm they fixed the prices to be 1/120th of current GE value it seems like. As bad as it sounds people could buy shards for their actual value then donate them at full ge value. The Charitable title would cost them like 100m lol

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Apparently he never took a simple economics class. The wands did not drop (by much) because nothing was done to change the supply and the demand remains as high as ever. They cost an arm and a leg because you can only feasibly get 3-4 kills per hour and it is a 1/40 drop. It needs to be much more common than that because the kills take so long.

Well I wonder if that is with 5 drops at once taken into consideration. If not that would mean around 1 orb/wand per 2 hours.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I really love the new map update. Finally I can open the map instantly!

And also the new tutorial looks very nice so far (just started it) but I couldn't help but think of Zelda - Skyward Sword with the cheerful music and colorful graphics. Meh, I tried to jump off the island and fly away but it didn't work  :lol:

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

My favourite bit of this whole news post was the world map taking up to 10 seconds to load being too slow part. I'd of thrown a parade if the world map only took 10 seconds to load, if I accidentally clicked world map I'd go make a cup of tea and still often get back before it loaded.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mod Chris L finally replied (after a lengthy break) to his thread asking for suggestions in the HLF forum. A lot of people asked about the Seismic Wands. He acknowledged the problem, and stated that he had hoped the wands would drop, and that it's unfortunate that they haven't -- but then he went on to say that they have no plans fix this at the moment. And that about sums it up. There's a problem, it's been here for months, it's fairly significant and it affects many players -- what is their response? "Uh..yeah,kthxbai!"

No virtus wand, asc xbow and drygores cost an arm and a leg. You practically have to sell your soul for a siesmic.
  • Like 6

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Mod Chris L finally replied (after a lengthy break) to his thread asking for suggestions in the HLF forum. A lot of people asked about the Seismic Wands. He acknowledged the problem, and stated that he had hoped the wands would drop, and that it's unfortunate that they haven't -- but then he went on to say that they have no plans fix this at the moment. And that about sums it up. There's a problem, it's been here for months, it's fairly significant and it affects many players -- what is their response? "Uh..yeah,kthxbai!"

No virtus wand, asc xbow and drygores cost an arm and a leg. You practically have to sell your soul for a siesmic.

No, drygores cost a perfectly reasonable amount of money. Asc bows cost an arm and a leg. You practically have to sell your soul for a seismic.

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

A t80 wand shouldn't cost that much. Asc xbow is fairly new so I would credit it a higher price. Drygores... ehhh ok, they have a good price.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A t80 wand shouldn't cost that much. Asc xbow is fairly new so I would credit it a higher price. Drygores... ehhh ok, they have a good price.

I thought the thing with asc bows is that getting them to begin with is fairly expensive. Those keys are costly.

And it's a very big gamble. I know people who make Ascension bows all day long with GE-bought keys and they makes loads of profit. I also know people who have killed hundreds of Ascension bosses, gotten 1 or no signets and then simply quit...

It's been what, 4 months? Give or take 1 since the bows were released.

4 months after KK was released, drygore main hands were like ~100m, assbows are about 250-260% that.

Not to mention the off-hand costing as much as the main hand.