Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes- December

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

Poll: Behind the Scenes- December (116 member(s) have cast votes)

Which god will you side with for World Event 2?

1. Armadyl (93 votes [80.17%])

Percentage of vote: 80.17%

2. Bandos (20 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

3. Neither (3 votes [2.59%])

Percentage of vote: 2.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

I really hope they won't require us to participate for 4 hours a day slaving in the world event to get all the rewards. :/ As a student with lots of upcoming tests, I'm slightly concerned I'll miss out.

You should be done your tests by the time it rolls out I would imagine.

It's a minor point, but you can't possibly know that. You don't even know when his exams are. If they're after Christmas, which isn't unusual, your reassurances fall flat.

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior

I really hope they won't require us to participate for 4 hours a day slaving in the world event to get all the rewards. :/ As a student with lots of upcoming tests, I'm slightly concerned I'll miss out.

It's a minor point, but you can't possibly know that. You don't even know when his exams are. If they're after Christmas, which isn't unusual, your reassurances fall flat.

My exams are in January and we get the last 2 weeks of in December for holidays and general study times.

If the world event start coincides with the start of my two weeks off the end of the event will of it will literally coincide with the end of my exams.

So yeah, if it's anything as intense of a timewaster like last world event I'm royally screwed.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

With the bts vid for it next friday it seems as though the world event will be launching ~9th Dec

6 week event takes us right through the ~20th jan

A lot of post-xmas exams/deadlines fall right in that window.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ambl3r
  • RSN '07:Ambler
  • Clan:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Added a poll as I'm curious- Which god will you side with for World Event 2?

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

With the bts vid for it next friday it seems as though the world event will be launching ~9th Dec

6 week event takes us right through the ~20th jan

A lot of post-xmas exams/deadlines fall right in that window.

Same here, we got exams from the 13th till the 20th. And again in January some re-take exams (which I thank god for that I dont need to do them as I passed them earlier, and I'm an Athiest!)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Added a poll as I'm curious- Which god will you side with for World Event 2?

Doesn't even have to be asked, everyone will pick Armadyl.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

this time, given the circumstances, we might choose to frontload into bandos so we end with armadyl (there's no real post event storyline reward for siding with a DEAD god, is there?), however that would also be determined by the ease of flipflopping this time

frankly, they should make it super easy to get the rewards so that the people who actually care about the event are the ones controlling it, not just the whims of fashionscape/prestigescape

8f14270694.jpg

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

After the first world event I seem to recall them saying that they didn't want to make the next one such a grind. Whether that means less time to get all rewards, or less times to max daily contribution remains to be seen. And then there's the chance that they didn't take their own advice and are making this one just as much of a grind as the last.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

So wtf is Bandos?

He has 4 eyes, no nose, and a chin for half a face.

I'm on team Bandos so hopefully I can figure this out.

The PVP component will probably suck.

I can see being teamed by 10 gold buyers with full tier 90 equipment screaming "noob L2P".

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

I can see myself in an archon headress striking swift justice :3

Go armadyl ^-^, i'm happy with cooldowns and abillities :), the slayer monsters seem nice I just hope the gloves don't degrade.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts

I can see myself in an archon headress striking swift justice :3

Go armadyl ^-^, i'm happy with cooldowns and abillities :), the slayer monsters seem nice I just hope they don't degrade.

the gloves do degrade... It has been confirmed all gear from t90 will be created from ashes and to ashes they will return!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

Quote pyramid

Same here, we got exams from the 13th till the 20th. And again in January some re-take exams (which I thank god for that I dont need to do them as I passed them earlier, and I'm an Athiest!)

Yep. Couldn't agree more.

This is bang-on, right in the middle of the typical university / college exam season. I know a lot of my friends on other courses have got assignments / dissertation briefs due in the next few weeks, and exams pretty much straight after New Year. Busiest time of the year for lots of people.

The only thing to be said is that during the actual holiday periods themselves, RuneScape playing numbers rise dramatically as people find themselves having whole days off to play with, which is typical with other games and other gaming formats. So could people spare four hours then? Yeah, probably. Hard to see elsewhere, though.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Kind of annoying that they release T90 gloves less than eight months after T85, though.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Kind of annoying that they release T90 gloves less than eight months after T85, though.

No more annoying than when they nerfed t85 armour as a whole a couple of months after most of it came out with the whole tank:power thing.

I mean aren't the t85 gloves (and glacor boots) kinda meh anyway being tank items?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts

No more annoying than when they nerfed t85 armour as a whole a couple of months after most of it came out with the whole tank:power thing.

I mean aren't the t85 gloves (and glacor boots) kinda meh anyway being tank items?

They don't degrade =/

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

They don't degrade =/

And nor do the t70 power armour gloves and boots from GWD sets and last I checked t70 power > t85 tank

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander

Black Santa Hat and that GoT theme'd outfit from SOF? Well played Jagex...well played...

Popoto.~<3

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Quote pyramid

This is bang-on, right in the middle of the typical university / college exam season. I know a lot of my friends on other courses have got assignments / dissertation briefs due in the next few weeks, and exams pretty much straight after New Year. Busiest time of the year for lots of people.

The only thing to be said is that during the actual holiday periods themselves, RuneScape playing numbers rise dramatically as people find themselves having whole days off to play with, which is typical with other games and other gaming formats. So could people spare four hours then? Yeah, probably. Hard to see elsewhere, though.

Thats weird, semesters end on about dec 6 exams are done before christmas

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

Pretty happy with everything aside from them still portraying Zamorak as evil, despite recent consistent statements to the contrary, and level 90 melee gloves but not boots or gloves for other styles. It'll be so long before we have equivalents if the other gear has been any indication... -.-

Oh, and what the hell is with their description of Bandos? Isn't that exactly what they say Zamorak is about?

2dgucz6.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Quote pyramid

Thats weird, semesters end on about dec 6 exams are done before christmas

The world doesn't consist solely of your country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users