Behind the Scenes- December

Ambler

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which god will you side with for World Event 2?

• Armadyl
    • Bandos
    • Neither

What is the new abilities were something like Armadyls/Bandos Warcry: Deal 5% extra damage for 30 seconds. 5 minute cooldown.

Then nobody would care.
Why wouldn't they? An extra 5% on a measily 2k crit would be an extra 100 damage... then again you are somewhat right, but its the concept that matters. You would presumably use it and get in several othat attacks allowing it to have some kind of base damage output dependant on your rotation.

I was also thinking of an ability that could buff the whole party, too, like that.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It would be interesting to have more Momentum-like abilities, with permanent benefits. Maybe Bandos has +5% melee damage whereas Armadyl has +1 attack range with ranged/magic.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It would be interesting to have more Momentum-like abilities, with permanent benefits. Maybe Bandos has +5% melee damage whereas Armadyl has +1 attack range with ranged/magic.

The idea of momentum plus would definitely be nice to see implemented, give some progression to momentuming so the disparity between its damage and ability damage doesn't just get bigger as you level up and reach better abilities. Plus could add some variance in tactics (for higher normal monsters, probably wouldnt be a good idea for bosses), using your range expanding thing you could, for example, create a dungeon with some turrets/balconies that are safe spots, but you are too far out of range when up there to attack normally.

Then you have the choice of being safe, but slightly slower at kills, or wading in full on. Of course it'd need to be balanced right so that these hypothetical monsters hurt enough to make being safe a tantalising option for more than just afk purposes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hm... I agree. I have been suggesting "stance" abilities that act the same way.

THIS would be awesome. Most other MMOs have toggleable combat stances. In fact, I can think of many that would be great additions to the game. I am going to write up a suggestion and post it in a few minutes. I'll also post it on the RSOF so maybe it will be seen.

4NIrZ.png

Should Armadyl win (which I suspect he will), Bandos should not die. Armadyl is a peaceful god, he has no desire to kill just for the sake of it (even in the light of Sliske's "competition"). If Jagex gave two shits about lore, they would let the cave goblins (Zanik) kill him, not a peaceful god who has no desire for war. To quote old Markdonalds "Armadyl is a god who has always believed in peace", whilst he has been tricked by the other gods, he's clearly not one strong enough or with the desire to kill another.

• Like 1

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

It's really surprising that Jagex is so ready to drop the axe on one of the gods. Feels very rushed to get either Armadyl or Bandos, both of whom aren't small gods, killed in this world event.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm excited for World Event 2.  I missed out on Battle of Lumbridge and the rewards (warpriest armor mainly) and I was pretty disappointed to say the least.

Everything else doesn't really mean much to me - although I might join Premium Club, who knows.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

I'm just really hoping that the world event firstly provides a new way of training divination, and secondly that it gives a divination XP rate comparable to that of training it normally. Because frankly I'll do anything for a bit of variation in training it it right now.

As for who will win, I assumed it would be an overwhelming majority for Bandos before, but the poll on this has just confirmed that for me. I just cant ever see Bandos vs Armadyl being close to 50:50

Can I just say that I really like Armadyl's voiceactor? Everyone was shocked that he just sounded so ordinary. Yet he's one of the younger (and weaker) gods with almost painfully naive notions of justice. He's the good guy that gets everyone killed in a zombie apocalypse because he always does what's right. He was driven into mourning when he believed that he lead his entire race to their deaths for his ideals, yet there's still no signs that he learned from his mistakes. (He's like an early-in-life Saradomin, full of unexpected power and lofty ideals.) Ordinary suits him. Because that's all he is. Just a normal creature trying to use his authority for justice, for the right thing, even if the right thing isn't necessarily the best thing to do.

I don't want either of these gods to die. There's so much potential for their stories to be explored. Yet I could live with Bandos dying if it meant that we would eventually see Armadyl is pushed to his breaking point. Like say, if the rest of the Aviansies were wiped out and Armadyl snapped and stole the wand from Sir Owen/Saradomin and succumbed to madness at seeing the rest of the newly-resurrected (and corrupted due to what he'd need to do to steal the wand) Aviansies.

Just think, a god gone mad with grief and despair roaming Gielinor targeting Saradominists and eventually Falador, feeling in his madness that Saradomin and his followers sabotaged the wand somehow and blaming them. You need to raise an army of Inventors in the first group quest (or world event) to take him down. JUST HRNGG

Armadyl is a peaceful god, he has no desire to kill just for the sake of it (even in the light of Sliske's "competition").

Bandos has his own crimes to answer for, both for the upcoming world event and the things he did during the God Wars. Peace is more a byproduct of swift and fair justice.

At least, that's what I think. Might be wrong.

• Like 7

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm not all that surprised they are killing a big god off so soon - things were getting too crowded really.

I mean Saradomin, Zamorak, Bandos, Armadyl and Zaros make up quite a number already.

Then you have Tumeken, Scarabas, Het, Crondis, Ampken, Amascut and Icthalrin who have quite a complex plot going on that is building to something.

Marimbo, the karamajan god and the fremmnik gods have all been spoken of in coming more tot forefront.

Seren has clearly been changed to something bigger than she was original thought.

Tuska is enroute.

Sliske is seemingly ascending

There's an npc we've seen but not met who has ascended.

Brassica Prime has become something more serious in the godly structuring.

We've got 5 elder gods now confirmed as existing (Jas, Ful, Frenskare creator god and 2 un-named)

Plus they have mentioned from time to time a few other gods yet to visit Gielinor may be en-route.

That's like 25+ gods in the fray already, they need to thin the herd a bit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you just take the emissaries there are only, what, eight factions to pick from. To eliminate one of the main factional gods at this stage is a bit heavy handed. Granted there are the elder gods and the whole Desert Pantheon, but those aren't as core and central compared to the eight who have factions and an associated set of players who've pledged their allegiance to them.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I really hope they won't require us to participate for 4 hours a day slaving in the world event to get all the rewards. :/ As a student with lots of upcoming tests, I'm slightly concerned I'll miss out.

You should be done your tests by the time it rolls out I would imagine.

My tests start in januari, I'm a med student. :P

EDIT: oh, just now read the other posts, and it seems others have covered this problem already. :)

And I know I"m one of the whiners, but that's mostly because I only respond on something when I'm against it. All in, I'm very positive about this game (I play it for 9 years now, otherwise I would have left a long time ago if I did't care anymore), but as a longstanding player, I want to show where Jagex is going wrong, or is alienating from it's userbase or just neglecting a part of said base. :)

I really love the month coming, as I am a lore freak, but yeah, the time implementation of the World Event would be very inconvenient for a lot older players, so i really hope Jagex has changed the 4-hours-a-day-slaving. :)

I kinda feel like the 8 factions were original meant to play an important role in world events but have since been forgotten and relegated to just a little flavour content with little to no purpose than the odd quest-based dialogue tweak.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That post reads like it was written in another language, then translated into English and just pasted in.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I'll be very happy if the rework means my iron titan that I have banked will help at qbd :)

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Still got my 6k scrolls and 500 pouches from however many years ago. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'm looking forward to the new skill, and I plan on aiding Bandos as I enjoy playing as a minority. The new slayer creature will bring new opportunities for sure and I look forward to the new updates jagex is bringing. I just hope for them to be putting the proper time into planning so they don't end up being bad updates.

Sattern.

I have always regarded Armadyl as a wimp -- i hope he gets stomped. Though I don't really like Bandos either, and Missing Presumed Death did make me like Armadyl somewhat (his attempt to reason with the other gods, and his realization, finally, that pacifism might not work). But still....