Behind the Scenes- December

Ambler

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which god will you side with for World Event 2?

• Armadyl
    • Bandos
    • Neither

If the summoning rework isn't disappointing, I'll finally be able to use my 99 summoning obtained after the EOC to its full potential! Ooh, TDs... with a steel titan... mmm...

Steel Titans have never ceased to be useful at Tormented Demons. Their current mechanic(s) and stats can be used and abused for incredibly fast kills. For example, 1 special, with the titan on the east side of the target, even if all hits are 0s, will switch it to praying ranged. One special, if the titan is standing on the west side, again even if all 0s, will make a Tormented Demon pray melee. This can be, and is, easily abused. Of course, these are only a few of the many tricks to a Steel Titan at Tormented Demons.

Edit: One thing that could be fixed with them is their lifepoints. If you get Bandos or a TD to become aggressive to them, the titan will die in 1-2 hits from Bandos and like 5 from a TD.

but to most of the player base, that is totally useless.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I think if they're actually going to kill off a God, then the event better be uncapped. Its really the only way I see the event being close. Armadyl seems to have a lot more player support in numbers, but are they as dedicated? I'm not sure.

I'm still not happy though that they want to rush the 6th age though. Could have been a nice platform for the next 10+ years.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

That's a very good point, actually. I had heard that the average contribution of each Zamorakian was far greater relative to Saradominists during the Battle of Lumbridge, although I'm not aware of any data ever collected.

If collecting was uncapped, and such statistics provided, it would give a far better look at whose side had more dedicated followers.

2dgucz6.png

The PvP's going to be stupidly 1-sided though... Judging by this poll, if you're on Bandos' side; You're going to die a few million times.

Fixed it for you.

Seriously though, we all know which god is going to die (if Jagex actually decides to kill a god now). I really agree with that Jagex should focus more on lifting current content than just creating temporary things like these World Events. Certainly they are cool and all that, and I am also a follower of Armadyl, but really...I would love to have seen a construction update instead of this fight. And what about Yanille :P? Will it ever get updated?

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I wish people would realize that jagex doesn't work on content with a tunnel vision like view. They are working on several different projects. They aren't exactly racing to get one specific piece out.

Granted no one could argue against updating yanille...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I wish people would realize that jagex doesn't work on content with a tunnel vision like view. They are working on several different projects. They aren't exactly racing to get one specific piece out.

Of course they aren't, but at the same time the people spent on one piece of content could be assigned to a different piece of content. So, while having WE2 doesn't necessarily mean that no one is working on a Con rework, it does remove resources that could be spent on something worthwhile. Granted, I wouldn't mind a second world event if it was adding to the lore, as it is it appears to be detracting from it and removing major characters too soon.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Of course they aren't, but at the same time the people spent on one piece of content could be assigned to a different piece of content. So, while having WE2 doesn't necessarily mean that no one is working on a Con rework, it does remove resources that could be spent on something worthwhile. Granted, I wouldn't mind a second world event if it was adding to the lore, as it is it appears to be detracting from it and removing major characters too soon.

I always like to think they just throw these temporary things in to keep us busy because they're working on far more important things.

Whoa, i'm optimistic.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Am I the only one who doesn't care if any single town from here out gets reworked? All the towns look beautiful at max graphics. Not as beautiful as the more recently reworked towns yes, but more than passable.

The quests need reworking far more than any town does. FAR more. It doesn't have to be a full, crazy-detailed rework like the desert storyline novice quests received, either. It would still be hard, and costly, but they're some of the first things players see when they start runescape, yet they still look like they're straight out of Oldschool RS in most cases.

They're the content that cries out the most for attention, yet they're the most expensive and time consuming to rework. And all of that is being pushed to the back burner because they wanted to bring in the 6th age RIGHT NOW.

Imagine how different this year would have been if it was dedicated instead to polishing Runescape's history rather than kicking it off to a dusty corner and building upon it's rotten, retconn-riddled foundation.

I love the 6th age content, don't get me wrong. But you have to wonder how much more versatile they could've been without worrying about crossing over old storylines and creating more work for themselves down the line by contradicting old quest lore. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but for such a large portion of the game to go untouched for years and years by-and-large...Meh.

• Like 5

hzvjpwS.gif

Two words: Retro-armour ...

Oh yeah!

Well, I just gotta say that I am very excited about this month’s BTS and upcoming events. 

The Armadyl/Bandos event looks like it will be a lot of fun. My impression is that it will be a little like Castle Wars with a twist, so it looks promising. I’d also like to say that I was completely blown-away by the artwork for Armadyl and Bandos - it looked amazing! 

I joined the Premium Club last year and was satisfied with the package I received and the additional updates that I got over the year. I’m planning on buying it again this year.

I do have one question though – is the “Festive Cracker” going to be tradeable too, or just the Santa Hat that comes from within it?  

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Probably just the santa hat. It sounds like the crackers will be fairly common, and I can't imagine that they'd make the common item tradable when they want to pump up the black santa's rarity as much as possible.

Hmmm? Huh? Sorry still zoning out over the prospects of Retro-Armour ...  |^_^|

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

Probably just the santa hat. It sounds like the crackers will be fairly common, and I can it imagine that they'd make the common item tradable when they want to pump up the black santa's rarity as much as possible.

I don't think making the crackers tradeable would make the hats any less rare.

Probably just the santa hat. It sounds like the crackers will be fairly common, and I can it imagine that they'd make the common item tradable when they want to pump up the black santa's rarity as much as possible.

It would because then people would hang onto the crackers...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It would because then people would hang onto the crackers...

That's true.

You know I wasn't too thrilled by retro looks but... old style Infinity Boots?  :wub:

Also many Dragon items, Barrows...

My interest in it all really depends on how much effort JaGEx puts into this project. If they're like the old styles but with more defined shapes and better textures, I'll be ecstatic.

This causes me to wonder - if they release overrides that only work for specific equipment pieces, what else could they do? I was just thinking before that a lot of the new, high-level equipment looks so different from each other - even items of the same tier and class - that none of it really matches, and a full set doesn't look like a set at all. Maybe they could have overrides for newer things that help them "conform" in looks - changing Pneumatic Gloves and Steadfast Boots to look like part of the Tetsu set, for instance. Or they could even reverse that and have say, Seasinger transform to the style of Ragefires or Statics. Especially Drygores, as fugly as they are, could be made to look like Malevolent, with skulls and a dark motif.

• Like 3

2dgucz6.png

I hope they release a LARGE amount of legacy items.

I mean, it isn't like they can't. A lot of the npcs in the game use old assets. Look at the falador, ardougne, and yanille guards.

Heros in ardy have the old rune armor for god's sake.

That said, I really want them to release a few packs..

1. basic armor, which is just a recolor. Can be recolored with trim to anything bronze through rune with trim of any style

2. dragon armor pack... Reakin including the lot of dragon stuff that is old school

3. barrows pack. Just what it says on the tin. Excluding ahrim wand/staff and pistol bows, ofc

4. nex pack...

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Excluding ahrim wand/staff and pistol bows, ofc

I think it'd be pretty cool if they made an Ahrim's wand/book and Karil's pistols with old school looks.

The pistols wouldn't be too hard, just a smaller version of the 2h crossbow without the bolt rack compartment.

The wand could be a smaller Ahrim's staff cut in two with an old school-style new grip. Not sure about the book, but that shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

would feel the same way as when you turn on the retro music machine in heartgold/soulsilver and when you go in the gts, you realize that they made music for that area too, despite the fact that it didn't exist in the original game

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg