The Premier Club Returns news article/ premier club discussion

Kimberly

So I've been told it's 24 bonds for one Gold membership.

That means Jagex is getting $120 for every Gold membership obtained via this method, as opposed to $84.

Smooth move, Jagex. Smooth.

Source?

I've been told

that it was in the FAQ

Been weighing out if I should get it or not.

I mean, 150k loyalty points is nice and all but is it worth it over the year?   I don't think so right now.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

So if I am on the old premier Club and I get a gold one again now will this year be added onto the current one or will the current one be paused?

Stacked with my old gold membership. :).

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Welp, im out. I think I'm gunna quit when my membership expires in Jan and move on. some updates seem enticing, but they're just shoving RWT down every hole they can find now. Was a good run.

They've been shoving RWT stuff down our throat consistently since SoF came out and constantly since Solomon's. It's been over a year of this now so I'm not sure why this was the breaking point for you. You can always just not buy the stuff they're putting out there.

my membership expires on Dec 29th from gold package last year.

Popoto.~<3

So I've been told it's 24 bonds for one Gold membership.

That means Jagex is getting $120 for every Gold membership obtained via this method, as opposed to $84.

Smooth move, Jagex. Smooth.

Source?

mod jane hlf forums.

24bonds is nothing you can make it rlly fast :)

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

Except bonds are like 10M now? That's quite a bit. I can work faster IRL and make $85 than I can make 250M ingame.

Stacked, as in, it added 12 months to your time?
Because right now, when you buy gold member, you get one additional spin every day right away even if a current membership is already going on.

Yes. I now have something like 390 days of membership.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/1rzloz/premier_club_out_now/cdsgitr

Confirmation of bond prices for the packages for those who can't access HLF

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Except bonds are like 10M now? That's quite a bit. I can work faster IRL and make $85 than I can make 250M ingame.

Stacked, as in, it added 12 months to your time?

Because right now, when you buy gold member, you get one additional spin every day right away even if a current membership is already going on.

Yes. I now have something like 390 days of membership.

WAT.

Bonds are seriously 10m?

Think it's time for me to spend another $100 on bonds.

4NIrZ.png

Welp, im out. I think I'm gunna quit when my membership expires in Jan and move on. some updates seem enticing, but they're just shoving RWT down every hole they can find now. Was a good run.

They've been shoving RWT stuff down our throat consistently since SoF came out and constantly since Solomon's. It's been over a year of this now so I'm not sure why this was the breaking point for you. You can always just not buy the stuff they're putting out there.

This.

I don't understand why people are so negative about this. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. The game is far from Pay to win and a *lot* less money involved then other games. Things change with time and it's hard to accept, but the fact is that Jagex is a company owned by shareholders and they have to do what's best to please them. These updates arn't going to ruin your game experience unless you let them; You can still aim to be the very best player you can be. Play by your rules. I don't compare myself to the people that buy copious amounts of bonds for money, or spins for exp lamps. It's difficult, and I struggle with it at times, but it shouldn't be such a big deal. At the end of the day it's just a game, and there's far greater injustices in the world then people paying a lot of money to "get ahead".

Personally, I might or might not get it, depending on what happens in life. =]

• Like 2

Hmmm

I might actually end up getting it on my noobier character, because even though it'd be $10 more expensive than getting a regular 12 months package, it would let me catch up on auras + will let me get the 2013 promos I missed and guarantee me access to the 2014 ones.

This price for next year's gold membership is a little over 15% more expensive for me ($102.5 compare to $88.95). The pressure from increasing costs in other projects such as OSR, there may have been increase in wages, increased demand from various stakeholders and etc. may have contributed to this.

The way I understand this Premier Club deal is, like last year, they offer a range of promotional items and other bonuses (Runecoins/Loyalty points) to secure one's money for the foreseeable future (1 yr); if one thinks about it, it's not that much different from practices of internet and telephone companies. But given the pressure in the external and internal business environment to generate more revenue, the prices for these packages would inevitably have to go up. What they do here is quite admirable, by branding a VIP world/badge, they create an illusion of being important/special/elite that some people would succumb to...much like the loyalty programmes for telephone companies, reward schemes for airlines and membership for certain clubs. So rather than seeing the price increase as a petty way to leach more money from players using various promotional/unique items, it could now be seen as a premium to 'enhance your experience'. The exclusive pets seem a bit lame..I get that they are trying to promoting them as very-important-pigs..but I think much of the rs community has matured past that stage. The remainder of things on offer - spins, Q&A, loyalty points and promo items can be seen now, as the only kinds of prestige they can garner from the game to 'enhance' one's rs experience.

So I guess in some ways whether next year's Premier Club is worth buying depends on how much you want out of what you pay for a game, and how that compares to your living expenditure, investments (gains/losses) and other income. The special case for bonds is rather interesting...I would have imagine (speaking from my experience) the earnings of those who work in the real world be far higher than earnings in game over the year, for example..so unless one doesn't work or for whatever reason prefers to do so, bonds seem like a significantly overpriced alternative.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

• GBP €63,27   £52.50
  • USD €63.55   $86.50
  • CDN €59.56   $85.99
  • AUD €68.03   $102.50
  • EUR €74.99   €74.99

So Euro is off much worse... Luckily I should be able to pay in CND dollars by paypal ="D!

EDIT: I just heard that it is not allowed to use a different currency to pay for membership, but why would I be prohibited in choosing my way of payment whether that is in Canadian Dollars or in Euro's?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

• GBP €63,27   £52.50
  • USD €63.55   $86.50
  • CDN €59.56   $85.99
  • AUD €68.03   $102.50
  • EUR €74.99   €74.99

So Euro is off much worse... Luckily I should be able to pay in CND dollars by paypal ="D!

EDIT: I just heard that it is not allowed to use a different currency to pay for membership, but why would I be prohibited in choosing my way of payment whether that is in Canadian Dollars or in Euro's?

I don't think you are. I played around with the numbers one time and I just switched where my currency was coming from and it didn't care.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I wanted that badge!

4K469.png

Miiiight be getting the silver package, but considering my rate of $5 it'd be about 14 dollars more for 50k loyalty points, one more daily spin, and some pets I will never use.  Either way they really flubbed the gold package this time, before the rewards were better and the price was much lower, I don't really see the appeal of a private world talking to j mods when with some digging you can find the discussions elsewhere.

• Like 2

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Besides you can try and pay the canadian price...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.