11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

I dont think you are limited to 30k a day, you just slow down a lot and get no xp after 30k

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Such a stupid concept.

Anyway, I hope I only have to participate a few days out of the six weeks, cuz I am going to be working 14 hour days every day except weekends... So, I want to be able to actually get the rewards :(

You can get the first ability with 31k renown (only spending 21k of it, but you need an upgraded token which needs 31k), and you can get 30k per day which can easily be done in under an hour.

Silver token is 10k, not 31k.

That was the whole 21k on the ability but you need 10k for token first, IE you need 31k total.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I dont think you are limited to 30k a day, you just slow down a lot and get no xp after 30k

I have been doing a wide variety of tasks and have been capped at 30k the whole time. Says in-game that you can't earn more than 30k renown per day.

The Godless army is participating in this event, supposedly helping the current losing god so that the winner is not too powerful when it wins, so that might balance it a little.... Maybe.

Would be a clever dev move for the godless army to keep the score balanced so at the very end Jagex can make the final call on who they want to win. Armadyl still destroying though.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

The Godless army is participating in this event, supposedly helping the current losing god so that the winner is not too powerful when it wins, so that might balance it a little.... Maybe.

There goes godless faction's Ideology...

I have been doing a wide variety of tasks and have been capped at 30k the whole time. Says in-game that you can't earn more than 30k renown per day.

I Stand corrected

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I Stand corrected

I'm going to just assume that people found a task that still rewards renown for which Jagex forgot to apply the 30k per day limit.

Such a stupid concept.

Anyway, I hope I only have to participate a few days out of the six weeks, cuz I am going to be working 14 hour days every day except weekends... So, I want to be able to actually get the rewards :(

You can get the first ability with 31k renown (only spending 21k of it, but you need an upgraded token which needs 31k), and you can get 30k per day which can easily be done in under an hour.

That was the whole 21k on the ability but you need 10k for token first, IE you need 31k total.

RS wiki page says 10k, and considering it was 1k to upgrade with the first event, I think it's glitched :P

Also, what are people doing to get 30k renown in 1h? it looks like for me it's more like 2 hours.

tim_chenw2.png

Such a stupid concept.

RS wiki page says 10k, and considering it was 1k to upgrade with the first event, I think it's glitched :P

Everything is 10* more expensive this time.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

so wands and books ad overrides? great

Only Wand, no book.

Claws have off hand though, which is very confusing

tim_chenw2.png

Also, what are people doing to get 30k renown in 1h? it looks like for me it's more like 2 hours.

If you have pvp enabled and simply construct/help on construction it will only take 30 minutes.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

if you havn't seen it yet click army managment on the record keeper in the faction camp for weekly xp

• Like 1

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

If you have pvp enabled and simply construct/help on construction it will only take 30 minutes.

Well at least on my world thta's possible now we have more people on the bandos nodes, a little while ago we couldn't even keep presence on that node lol.

LAstly, any idea if turning pvp on has effect of decreasing weapon part chances?

tim_chenw2.png

Where do you upgrade the token btw, I didn't seem to find it in the quartermaster?

It upgrades automatically once you get enough renown, if it works the same way as it did from last WE.

tim_chenw2.png

Can anyone please explain how/where the divination aspect works as I havent seen any energy nodes yet at any of the sites.

Also what do the things we're constructing ag each site actually do?

Apologies if these are silly/ obvious questions

Can anyone please explain how/where the divination aspect works as I havent seen any energy nodes yet at any of the sites.

Also what do the things we're constructing ag each site actually do?

Apologies if these are silly/ obvious questions

Divination happens at the convoy. You help the convoy gather energy as it moves from site to site.

The four different things you build have different functions ranging from allies in combat to faster energy gathering when the convoy arrives/sucking away energy from the enemy convoy.

Does anyone else think this event will destroy falador?

Would be a bad move by Jagex to just keep wrecking parts of the world map imo.

Also, Non-PvP players can attack the convoy and PvP can't do anything except watch them destroy it...really Jagex

Just did a calculation of the renown required to purchase the items from both sides, turns out if the event is going on for exactly 42 days (6 weeks), it is actually impossible to get it by the 30k daily, since we need 42.8 days of renown to do that.

And that is assuming you only need to unlock abilities once

tim_chenw2.png

Just did a calculation of the renown required to purchase the items from both sides, turns out if the event is going on for exactly 42 days (6 weeks), it is actually impossible to get it by the 30k daily, since we need 42.8 days of renown to do that.

People are over 30K already today so there must be something. PVP kills maybe.

Yep, so to get everything isn't only impossible, you also have to be online every single day... And Jagex said they learned this time... :/

That's for BOTH sides not one. RIP on the fencers.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

People are over 30K already today so there must be something. PVP kills maybe.

Pretty sure its a bug since the game insists that there is 30k hardcap per day.

According to the wiki one of the random events can restore some of your collection energy when it occurs, so maybe that's where the renown past 30k is coming from.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!