11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

Yes, the alchemist will offer you a potion that can restore yoru gathering energy.

I have no idea how to meet one though, or if it will be announced when he spawns.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

https://twitter.com/ParazardRS/status/410764511725883393  Abilities will be available after event.

now thats interesting if they will be adding abilities to boss drops. Unique ability drops from each boss? would revive some of the dead ones.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Anyone knows how to get Metal frags as a killer?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

convoy bodyguards

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

https://twitter.com/ParazardRS/status/410764511725883393  Abilities will be available after event.

now thats interesting if they will be adding abilities to boss drops. Unique ability drops from each boss? would revive some of the dead ones.

Depends what they mean by "very rare." Like, hilt rarity? That's not so bad, especially if it drops in Coinshare.

4NIrZ.png

convoy bodyguards

They need to spawn more often then >.>

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Totally agreed, 8k fragments at this rate is going to be exceedingly painful to get.

Considering the renown debacle, I am heavily considering leaving the bandos warpriest armor if they release it to gwd like the sara and zammy gwd.

Also, for those who are planning to get both sets of rewards, you must not switch factions between phase 6 and 7, because it takes more than a week of the normal 30k renown to get dragon token required for some of the rewards, or else you will not have enough time (it takes 7.7 days to get a token from bronze to dragon).

tim_chenw2.png

Totally agreed, 8k fragments at this rate is going to be exceedingly painful to get.

Considering the renown debacle, I am heavily considering leaving the bandos warpriest armor if they release it to gwd like the sara and zammy gwd.

Agreed. I'd rather camp bandos than arma. That being said though, do your numbers only include armor x2 and abilities or also the titles and emotes?

The 42.8 day figure is, 2 sets of armor, titles, emotes and 1 set of abilities.

Also, I have found an issue with renown between phase 3 and 4:

The amount of renown required to buy out all of t1 is 104k, making it 208k for both sides. During the 14 days it takes to get to tier 2, a total of 420k renown is gathered assuming 30k a day.

Leaving us with 212k spare.

Here is a kicker:

T2 reward for 1 side all only add up to 178k, leaving us with 34k renown (just over a day) that we cannot use to buy the reward from the other side... meaning that in addition to the 24k renown we are short, we must also waste another 34k between t1 and t2...

Thus we must, at least, make up with 58k of renown.

Adding insult to injury: T3 rewards total 439k, meaning 19k of that catching up can only be done during t3...

Basically, unlike the rewards for BoL, then rewards for BnB lacks forethought and has been made (whether intentionally or not) it extremely hard for those who want to get both rewards.

tim_chenw2.png

Why would one even feel the need to get all rewards from both factions? Isn't this the whole point of this thing... To choose a god and become a follower? And those rewards supposed to be for the most dedicated followers? If you are helping both Armadyl and Bandos, it doesn't make you very dedicated follower worth rewarding in my book...

• Like 1

u5zhkTY.gif

Bandos warpriest looks snazzy. How easy is it to get bandos points right now? Impossible or very difficullt?

You basically just have to avoid groups of Arma followers if doing PVP. If not, it's the same as Arma.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Why would one even feel the need to get all rewards from both factions? Isn't this the whole point of this thing... To choose a god and become a follower? And those rewards supposed to be for the most dedicated followers? If you are helping both Armadyl and Bandos, it doesn't make you very dedicated follower worth rewarding in my book...

Call me OCD, but I absolutely hate leaving a time-limited event without getting as much of the reward as actually possible (making it extremely hard for me to pick a side and stick to it)

• Like 4

tim_chenw2.png

I've hunted down a number of convoys and all i got so far is 30 metal fragments and orkish wand component. Is this going to require 24/7 grinding to get?

+ can you get fragments from any skilling at all? Doesn't seem so so far.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

For those wondering, I had a read on Wiki, the Alchemist random event randomly occurs when a caravan passes over a node, so look around the node before catching up to it, i have yet to find one.

Generally there isn't a lot of people on the convoys

tim_chenw2.png

The thing about getting all rewards:

As it stands it certainly may be tight, but I don't think itll end up being too bad.

First factor in over-run; with how other jagex events run I'd full expect an extra day or 2 of the event if not a whole week of overun.

Then factor in the alchemist, even if he is relatively rare you only need ~30k restore over the duration of the event to bring grand total within doable range easily.

Finally consider that Jagex will no doubt thrown price changes in at some point. At the very least as final week discounts if not a rebalance after the waves of all rewards too hard complaints hit - if they made bol more expensive they can make this cheaper imo.

I sincerely hope they change frags soon that ALL activities that give xp have a chance of giving them. With how rare convoys are and how few npcs they house, couple with how time consuming/luck of draw other methods are it seems ridiculous to expect people to hunt out 8k of these things. I mean frags were like 10* easier to get at the start of bol and we needed 2k less of them then!

I also hope caravans get much more common. Imo there ought to be atleast 1 caravan per side out at all times, spawning 1 a minute seems pretty reasonble rather than this 1 every 5mins crud atm.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

My favourite update of all times. I don't even know where to start. Strategy, skilling, hunting, PvP which I actually love and which has a true meaning, lore, drama, revenge...It is all there. Justice and wishes for peace against war as entertainment. Using your followers to let them entertain you by manipulating them to kill each other or trying to rebuild their kind after having mourned those who were lost for thousands of years. A kind, wise bird against a chaos- and warloving Goblin. It is really not strange that Armadyl is going to win this so clearly. And in my opinion he deserve it. After all the horrible things he have gone through he really does deserve this small victory. We most probably have a long period of war in front of us now. At least with Bandos' death there is hope that at least some of the warfare will be cut down.

For Armadyl!

1kmp.png

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I thought you were a proud follower or Saradomin? Have I been away from tip.it for too long?

• Like 4

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I thought you were a proud follower or Saradomin? Have I been away from tip.it for too long?

I switched sides as I learnt more lore. I have been following Armadyl for quite a few months now.

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak