11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

I thought you were a proud follower or Saradomin? Have I been away from tip.it for too long?

I switched sides as I learnt more lore. I have been following Armadyl for quite a few months now.

Glad to see you've seen some sense. Though you're still not following Zaros...

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I thought you were a proud follower or Saradomin? Have I been away from tip.it for too long?

I switched sides as I learnt more lore. I have been following Armadyl for quite a few months now.

Honestly, I don't think its very good content. Its incredibly unbalanced and the way it works that unbalance will just draw more people to Armadyl's side. I also think its a bad plan to use such unbalanced content to direct the lore.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

4cfBnKm.png

Oops. Seems like the cap is 30k then?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Is it just me or has there not been any form of proper lore explanation as to why exactly Armadyl and Bandos have chosen to battle each other to the death in this fashion following Sliskes meeting with the Gods. I was expecting an in depth cutscene with some dialogue explaining it and instead all I got was the 2 gods roaring at each other. Why in particular is it these 2 fighting, who instigated it and why have they both decided to build massive towers to do it?

Err, the towers are weapons, I suppose the height helps picking out the target all across Gielinor. Though why you couldn't simply go underground to avoid it, I don't know. Armadyl would like to have Bandos dead because Bandos is the least dedicated to peace of all gods. Why Bandos suddenly decided to fight Armadyl - probably because he thinks Armadyl is still unwilling to fight, and therefore an easy target.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Err, the towers are weapons, I suppose the height helps picking out the target all across Gielinor. Though why you couldn't simply go underground to avoid it, I don't know. Armadyl would like to have Bandos dead because Bandos is the least dedicated to peace of all gods. Why Bandos suddenly decided to fight Armadyl - probably because he thinks Armadyl is still unwilling to fight, and therefore an easy target

I agree, but its the fact that we have to guess/ assume these things that annoys me, surely even a small dialogue would have been beneficial!

Can we even buy all rewards from both factions? I ran some numbers and they tell me it's a bit over 6 weeks to buy everything

-200k for warpriest set

-228k for emotes

-135k for titles

This is 563k per faction

Plus 158k for the three abilities

A total of 1284k renown needed, with 30k/daily, it would be 42,8 days, or 6,11 weeks

So...Am I missing something here?

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

might be easier to get all cosmetic weapons. i got 32 metal from destroying 1 bandos building. it took all of me and a friends renown though, but u might stay longer and just camp a far away node from a tele to get metal

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

i have gotten the two over ride components, i have, from diving with a caravan 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I got three of the four components for my side from killing a single caravan - each convoy and bodyguard and golem has a chance to drop them. Convoys also can drop frags, though it's about a 1 in 4 rate from what I can tell, which is obnoxious.

You also can get frags for destroying an enemy building, not sure about components.

Anyone interested in helping me on a project to boost Bandos's power, send me a pm in-game. You'll earn contribution/renown (up to the usual cap), though not xp, and it's perfectly safe.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Sorry for double post; my bad. >.>

Does anyone know if you can turn off the convoy messages? It goes through the filter and it's getting pretty annoying.

Is there any way to turn off all the messages about this world event without turning game messages off entirely?

I believe you can turn off the convoy/skirmish messages by talking to the Doomsayer in Lumbridge.

Also, Non-PvP players can attack the convoy and PvP can't do anything except watch them destroy it...really Jagex

You can "Engage" allied combat NPCs to heal them for Constitution xp and 10 contribution per tick; it's just as afk as building. Heals 100hp per tick on the normal bodyguards; 150 on the aviansie/ork.

Bandos warpriest looks snazzy. How easy is it to get bandos points right now? Impossible or very difficullt?

It's not difficult. If you can find a Bandos world (there are several) then it's just as easy as Armadyl; if not, it's still not difficult, it just takes more time because you don't get the PvP boost.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Honestly, I don't think its very good content. Its incredibly unbalanced and the way it works that unbalance will just draw more people to Armadyl's side. I also think its a bad plan to use such unbalanced content to direct the lore.

Though I can agree that it is unbalanced, it is mainly so because of the player's choice. There's such a far majority that supports Armadyl that the Bandosians would need a power boost of like + 300% or something for it to be fair. And that is honestly just ridiculous. At least in my opinion. Even though I don't wish for the losing god to die (There's a great thread on the future updates part of the RSOF on this; [qfc]16-17-630-65199390[/qfc] ) I still think is the best update in game so far. I really do love how far this game have come. World-spanning, strategical world events with two gods, representing completely different things, fighting and with us, the players, getting a big say in pretty much everything. And yes, I do know I am optimistic and that I will get comments on this like 'Wake up' :p. But right now I am actually too happy for that. 

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

To the people complaining that the world event is not balanced:

The entire idea of this world event is to let the players decide who wins and who dies...

I thinck this is working out pretty well actually, there is a clear conscensus amongst players as to who deserves to live...

If Jagex where to 'rebalance' it, it would defeat the entire purpose of the event...

• Like 1

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

I agree that it's fine that the event's outcome is basically decided already. That makes sense, because that's how the playerbase stands.

What I don't like is how un-fun the gameplay becomes as a result of that. In BoL, the gameplay was rewarding and fun regardless of which side yo uwere on. In this, the gameplay as Bandos sucks pretty terribly. That needs addressing.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Since when has destroying dung rewards for tokens been a thing?

Or did I misread the patch notes?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20