Seen this on Reddit - Possibly stolen artwork (Glad Tidings Outfit)

XxTearGodxX

Link below to the topic on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/1tksff/i_friend_sent_me_something_i_think_everyone/

Link to the Tumblr Page

http://itachii76.tumblr.com/post/70954201220/i-found-some-art-theft

I don't know how you folks feel about stuff like this but I would absolutely hate it if this person won with that outfit, only to find out it had been copied/pasted/stolen from someone who originally created it.

I've tweeted the Tumblr page out to RuneScape, I hope they look further into this.

• Like 1
xxteargodxx.png

Link below to the topic on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/1tksff/i_friend_sent_me_something_i_think_everyone/

Link to the Tumblr Page

http://itachii76.tumblr.com/post/70954201220/i-found-some-art-theft

I don't know how you folks feel about stuff like this but I would absolutely hate it if this person won with that outfit, only to find out it had been copied/pasted/stolen from someone who originally created it.

I've tweeted the Tumblr page out to RuneScape, I hope they look further into this.

Well Ironic Redux' outfit was a more blatant copy. To be honest I've not seen anything that matches the Glad Tidings Outfit to a close 1:1 unlike Ironic Redux' outfit.

Glad Tidings outfit might be a combination of factors, but it is also a more or less generic draft on how female clothing is drawn. The outfit has some elements of clear Christmassy elements (the head decoration/colors) as feminine elements (Skirt/panty).

That thumblr only shows that the artist did take some elements for other drawings. That doesn't mean she did the same for the Glad Tidings Outfit and is a false assumption in my opinion.

• Like 4

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So basically... Both of our winners borrowed liberally from other sources? Even if she didn't copy the winning outfit's design, I'm still hesitant to support an art thief of any kind. #-o

Zelah Autumn for new winner!

Well looking on that thumblr, I can't find any evidence that the Glad Tidings Outfit is a copy of other artists.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Very cryptic website, wow that messaging is annoying.

Ehh, someone using someone elses work or being inspired by it? WHOA that's a new one!

Don't really care enough about Solomons to become riled up about it. Whatever if you feel the need to call him/her out on it, go ahead... 

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

It would seem as thought both may be less than original in the way they have been created, I would agree with Lioness it does not necessarily prove anything other than the pieces discovered have kinda copied sources.

What does seem a bit more damning though is that the deviant account seems to have been deleted now:

http://kayleegholson.deviantart.com/

So the work can only be found by search:

http://www.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=kayleegholson&offset=0

I could understand making the account more private due to an influx of attention/hate but to outright delete it seems a bit fishy to me unless you really have been caught out doing something 'wrong'

But again we can only really speculate since we do not have solid facts to go on here.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

When you're even accused of art theft on dA, regardless if you end up exonerated, there's no coming back from it most of the time. That account is burnt - no commissions, no sharing your artwork for C&C, nothing. This isn't like youtube, where even negativity can be used to bolster your channel. There's nothing you can salvage from possibly the worst accusation you can ever start flinging on dA. Deleting isn't all that big of a red flag.

Unfortunately though we see pretty clearly that not only does she trace, but she's traced several works from other artists. One was even a 100% trace and a really crappy recolor job. Even still, that just means she traces, not that the Glad Tidings artwork was stolen from another artist. That's why this twitter blog has nothing else to show. According to a google search, taking either the male or female stance shows no connection to other visually similar pieces of art on dA.

So she traces, but she doesn't seem to have traced Glad Tidings. Does that mean you still shouldn't buy it? At this point, no. If you have the money to make a purchase, denying that purchase only means you're hurting Jagex's potential bottom line. If you want to make a difference, send a message to Mod Slayer via /u/JagexSlayer and express your feelings on the subject.

But honestly if a person used to trace in the past it doesn't mean they can never get better or have their own level of talent. View their work in a different light if you must, it doesn't mean that the works they submit to Jagex should be anathema. Everyone deserves a shot and it's not Jagex's place to be a big bad art judge and jury blocking people's entries because they traced in the past.

She made a fool of herself and her dA page is now closed. Hopefully people leave it at that and move the hell on with their lives.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

i hate that...

since we are talking about copying and jagex allowing that, why dont bring Final fantasy outfits? they are awesome and i guess most people agree.

i want Cloud, Sephiroth, Tidus, Yona, lightining and other outfits... and as their summons to be our pets.. like Anima, Behemoth, Odin, Shiva and other cool characters..or they can be as cosmics for our pets/summoning.

p.s.: now there is so many cool things on internet, and people can easily find out, name the original artiest, not a shame. it's a shame when you copy/paste/change some small things and then say i CREATED IT, GIVE ME CREDIT.