Brink of extinction boss

purpieman2

So some guides say ice barrage is the best method, but it doesnt seem to be working for me as at times all but one tile on the floor glows and i have to move and get close to the boss. Melee is okay, i am using guthans and a whip. I kept dying when he was half health though. Using backhand/kick, at times it didnt register and i wither step into the lava and die or have to let him heal. Has this happened to anyone? Also, is there a better method? I use a shield because of resonance, but there may be a better approach. I have 99 in melee stats and can spend 50m for a new weapon/armor for this fight

Ice barrage

Conc blast/Wrack/Impact

Asphyxiate

Conc blast/Wrack/Impact
Wild magic
Conc blast/Wrack/Impact
Asphyxiate

Etc

I don't remember if that's enough adrenaline, just throw another conc blast/wrack in there if you have to

Basically use impact and asphyxiate when you can because they stun

Conc blast/wrack is good dps, so is wild magic

Pray soulsplit and you should be fine

^ So much this.

My friend recently back to the game and not used to EoC was having trouble with this boss. I gave her that exact advise, loaned subjugation and got her to buy wand of treachery and grif orb with her limited funds.

Throw on vampyre scrimshaw and either vamp or penance aura (preferably vamp) and you can use protect missle in place of soul split and survive just as easily with almost no food. Plus you can use the mage-turmoil too.

I'd also advise going for blitz over barrage as once he summons rangers you wanna keep them alive and allow protect missle to let you ignore them; if you barrage you run the risk of killing them and letting him summon meleers or mages. Doesn't really make a huge difference to fight length but can make things a little bit easier if you are struggling.

Getting in melee range isn't really an issue either - mage beats melee.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Vamp scrimshaw only works with melee.

I found that with ice barrage, it did indeed prevent the  guy from going to the lavafall, but only until it ran out. ..But basically, yes. Save your stuns. Impact and Asphyxiate, for when he is going to go for the lavafalll. Also, ignore everything else except the lava floor. Pray range if you need to, or magic, because his melee won't do more damage than the other ones, because mage beats melee

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

i did the quest like a week ago. With all combat stats (except summoning) lvl 85 it was easy. Was using full gano armour and polypore staff. I used ice blitz magic, and ignored all other monsters. Only check floor and used asphyxiate ability when he wanted to go to heal. Also dont let it come near, coz he does alot of melee damage. Used pray against range (curses) and only needed 4 sharks.

Vamp scrimshaw only works with melee.

I found that with ice barrage, it did indeed prevent the  guy from going to the lavafall, but only until it ran out. ..But basically, yes. Save your stuns. Impact and Asphyxiate, for when he is going to go for the lavafalll. Also, ignore everything else except the lava floor. Pray range if you need to, or magic, because his melee won't do more damage than the other ones, because mage beats melee

Ice magic stopped him healing on launch, but they patched that early on It shouldn't do anything now when he decides to go heal.

Totally didn't realise vamp scrim was only melee, elements would be the way to go if you strap on a scrim in that case.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Beat the boss! Used melee and bandos godsword. I think i got lucky when i did. I stunned at every opportunity. I was going tot ry magic but thought about using a 2 handed weapon like many videos did and it got the job done.