7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

Lifeboats are consumed when used. Afaik it was in the same update that changed randoms to one per day.

I had a crewmember saved a few days ago, and all my ships still have an active lifeboat, so i guess it's still permanent.

Byzantus.png

It is definitely still permanent. 100% sure of that. Also, they haven't fixed randoms to give a completely random reward. You have an extremely high chance of getting a reward if it's your only noncapped reward. I have gotten adv rerolls at an 80% clip since the pop II update(and no, those were not in any way changed then).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

90% of the time I get Random Rewards that are already capped. I've been trying to save up 3 of each stat boosters, I am at 1 morale booster and 1 seafaring booster...

Never use any booster or any crew/captain rerolls. It's just stupid- they provide little to no advantage. Voyage and adventurer rerolls are the only ones that provide a tangible advantage. Just a shame that voyage rerolls are partially broken.

Well, for the trio finale they would be very handy. :s I'm at about 70% without boosters, I would like to maximise my chances.

It's not even smart to use them for that.

It is definitely still permanent. 100% sure of that. Also, they haven't fixed randoms to give a completely random reward. You have an extremely high chance of getting a reward if it's your only noncapped reward. I have gotten adv rerolls at an 80% clip since the pop II update(and no, those were not in any way changed then).

I dunno about that man. I've had several (3 or 4) randoms since I started bothering to do em after POP-2 that essentially gave me nothing and far more that only gave me one thing that wasn't capped. It's like, why do I even bother... -.-

• Like 2

2dgucz6.png

I dunno about that man. I've had several (3 or 4) randoms since I started bothering to do em after POP-2 that essentially gave me nothing and far more that only gave me one thing that wasn't capped. It's like, why do I even bother... -.-

That's the whole point- to get the one thing that isn't capped. Adv rerolls, voyage rerolls(and FotS) actually make a difference.

One of my TC Merchants has the 'feeble' trait. I have 4 lifeboats; should I be worried? Are lifeboats consumed if they save someone?

They're permanent wich is why they should be taken off the random drop table once you get four. So annoying to have one pop up as reward for a random.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

That's the whole point- to get the one thing that isn't capped. Adv rerolls, voyage rerolls(and FotS) actually make a difference.

More often than not I just get nothing though... Actually happened again tonight.  :(

2dgucz6.png

So the only smart way is to avoid them? :/

Or leave them until later zones where you get better crews.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

As i said, i've had an overall 70-80% of adv reroll, about 85% overall that i get something. All capped except for adv and voyage(and sometimes fots when i used it on story missions).

zd2kIHd.jpg

Passed. I would've raged hard if it failed. Superior cape & ring now, though.

I remember when I did mine I got 71% using the best pincer setup with a FOTS, JM and max boosters.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

And i did mine at like 63%. Actually, i did both the other trio finales at similar percentages and didn't fail either of those. The fact of the matter is, you are giving away an excess of 1-2k cotta and chance to save you from poor rerolls for a 20% increase of successrate on one mission. Totally idiotic, but to each their own.

And i did mine at like 63%. Actually, i did both the other trio finales at similar percentages and didn't fail either of those. The fact of the matter is, you are giving away an excess of 1-2k cotta and chance to save you from poor rerolls for a 20% increase of successrate on one mission. Totally idiotic, but to each their own.

As much as I despise this... YOLO!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think the reason people don't want to fail the trios is because they are fairly rare, and when you do them, you're going to plomp on a merchant and a fots... Which is reason enough to save up the boosters and good crew so you don't waste them

• Like 3

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum