7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

substitute one s for m, but yeah. part of wisps assignments will be single s missions because of the speed req.

Maybe I've been fortunate as of late but I dont have any issues hitting the speed req without wisps.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

substitute one s for m, but yeah. part of wisps assignments will be single s missions because of the speed req.

Maybe I've been fortunate as of late but I dont have any issues hitting the speed req without wisps.

Again, the crew is for the shield, not loop. The seafaring hull has 300 speed less than the one we have right now, so yeah, you will definitely run into speed issues in the shield, even with shield rudder.

Edit: Just did random 5 times in beta, once for real:

6RxN5.jpg

6RxXO.jpg

6Ryae.jpg

6Ryl4.jpg

6RyxX.jpg

6RyPu.jpg

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

So the above crew setup is for the end-game, trading out only m/c/s for their final Azure variants?

Is there any info on what the Shield's special unit does?

EDIT

Okay I've read now that the special unit for Shield is like a buffed up JOD, so it seems to follow that one would replace JODs with Kharidian Exiles as well as the above.

Lol honestly at this point Ports feels "useless" until I'm able to get back to a point of high success for trade good missions.

2dgucz6.png

So the above crew setup is for the end-game, trading out only m/c/s for their final Azure variants?

Is there any info on what the Shield's special unit does?

EDIT

Okay I've read now that the special unit for Shield is like a buffed up JOD, so it seems to follow that one would replace JODs with Kharidian Exiles as well as the above.

Lol honestly at this point Ports feels "useless" until I'm able to get back to a point of high success for trade good missions.

Statswise the Kharidian Exile does seem to be better from the leaked info, however tht info lacked traits and if he does not have solidarity trait equal to or greater than jod's 100 he'll be useless. Afterall Jod isn't just it's stats its the +100 per unique crew member, meaning when used you get at least +200 up to +500 to each stat.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't see how the shield special unit can be seen as a buffed up JoD in any way. Far from it, it's just another wisp like triple and speed unit that will very likely have the ralling cry trait. Jod bonus is actually +200 to +600(captain is also considered), and because of it will still be a part of the ideal crew setup for the shield. It's highly likely jagex noticed this and thus discontinued the solidarity series(just as the new merchant is rather lackluster). It's foolish to expect to exploit the same shortcomings or oversight for a second time.

I remembet that someone asked if the leviathan ring had a activating animation. The wiki page was just updated with this as the activating animation:

Leviathan_ring_passive_effect.gif

Also...

The passive effect can activate on any incoming damage, including:

Being hit by a monster or player

Poison damage

Failing agility obstacles and shortcuts

Failing to pickpocket a monster

Other sources of typeless damage (e.g. desert heat and icy area outside of the God Wars Dungeon, the Queen Black Dragon's fire walls and intense fire, attempting to eat a rock cake, etc.)

The ring will degrade by one tick when damage (including being hit 0 damage in combat) is taken in these ways, whether the passive activates or not. When the passive activates, it will reduce just the damage that activated it, not all damage taken that tick. A filtered chatbox message is given when the effect activates: The Leviathan ring reduces the damage of this attack by <damage>.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

now just buff thieving, desert, agility damage so it would be worthwhile to actually use a ring at those locations.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

now just buff thieving, desert, agility damage so it would be worthwhile to actually use a ring at those locations.

Its a 5% chance... even if it was 500+ lp flat per fail I don't think people would use it.

The point was that it actually is a cover-all for damage.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It also works for Vorago's entry damage and red/green bombs, like warpriest... Pretty good for bomb tanks :>

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I have failed a lot of voyages as of late. I'm a little concerned about getting enough cotta now. As it was today I used 12 rerolls in a row getting steel and other garbage.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I have failed a lot of voyages as of late. I'm a little concerned about getting enough cotta now. As it was today I used 12 rerolls in a row getting steel and other farbage

I've had some bad luck also. I'm also already at 83%. I will likely get all the ship parts, but i might not get to reqruit my last 2 crewmen(TCM and wisp). Ahh well, shield next Wednesday.

Yeah, i'd never seen the traits next to the names. If that's true, however, exiles would be by far the best crew in general, being great for 3 types and good for 2 others. In that case i'd probably get 3 or 4 of them, rounding out the crew with 4 merchants and either 666 or 665.

Yeah, i'd never seen the traits next to the names. If that's true, however, exiles would be by far the best crew in general, being great for 3 types and good for 2 others. In that case i'd probably get 3 or 4 of them, rounding out the crew with 4 merchants and either 666 or 665.

I'd think 6/6/6/4merch/3exile would work best

Afterall the shield crew will ve 4200 at lvl 10

Exile sf at lvl 10 would be 2900 with +250 - +750

So it'd be a pretty big hit to sf to take an exile over one of them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd think 6/6/6/4merch/3exile would work best

Afterall the shield crew will ve 4200 at lvl 10

Exile sf at lvl 10 would be 2900 with +250 - +750

So it'd be a pretty big hit to sf to take an exile over one of them.

For SF it would be a tradeoff of 800 sf for max speed. 800 sf at that point is something like 3% and thus it may very well be worth it. For MC it would be a tradeoff of 1150 m/c, which at that point should be around 4%, which may also be worth it. It is advised to look at the speed of the new hulls. Triple hull should be used for all duo/triple missions but has -450 speed compared to M/C hulls. The only missions the new hulls do not play into are M and C solo missions, which are the ones an exile wouldn't be used for.

Now that I'm getting 175/225 missions I am not getting more than 60% success rate,, This is hurting me because everything I send out comes back as a partial or full failure :(

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

for myself i'd go for crew>merchants>rudder>ship parts

once you level up your crew the missions will be easier and easier as you are getting harder missions later..

Don't really need 4 ox. I'd suggest getting 4th merchant by dismissing an ox. I also added a wisp in place of another ox. Not enough trio missions to justify keeping all of them.

And i think it was said a few pages ago that rudder > crew if you do more than one mission per ship per day.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

So I am going to start doing this now..

Switching "focus region" back to Pincers before reset so my trade goods reroll as something that I can actually complete. Would rather get a 30 spice voyage and do it at 85% than a 35 spices at 60%.

Yup. I need spice!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum