7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

Would have preferred a 85 Magic weapon but I'm not gonna complain, got a new range toy to play about with  |^_^|

Nex update is interesting. If I had to guess why they made her a little more difficult it would be to perhaps counter the affect making her instanced would have on Nex items.

rohanlord.png

Factoring in abilities is rather irrelevant imo - yes you use less ammo but the odds of not losing 100 darts within 10 hours even using abilities is rather slim. That's only 1 dart lost for every 6 minutes of combat.

Fair enough on the other points, but with the upcoming Conservation ability it would probably become possible to reliably always be using abilities without getting accidental auto-attacks.

It would be possible for people to be extra careful to make sure they never do auto-attacks (like pressing an ability key, then clicking a monster), but it would mostly be an annoyance since you would have to wait until the monster you just killed actually died before being able to do that.

If they added targeting back in, it would be less of an issue, but still.

Factoring in abilities is rather irrelevant imo - yes you use less ammo but the odds of not losing 100 darts within 10 hours even using abilities is rather slim. That's only 1 dart lost for every 6 minutes of combat.

Fair enough on the other points, but with the upcoming Conservation ability it would probably become possible to reliably always be using abilities without getting accidental auto-attacks.

It would be possible for people to be extra careful to make sure they never do auto-attacks (like pressing an ability key, then clicking a monster), but it would mostly be an annoyance since you would have to wait until the monster you just killed actually died before being able to do that.

If they added targeting back in, it would be less of an issue, but still.

I was under the impression that even with perfect timing it still periodically did an autoattack and that conservation would be much the same.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Auto-attacks usually happen when switching from one target to another after killing the first one, though you can avoid it if you switch between targets fast enough (hard to do consistently when dual-wielding two "Fastest" weapons.)

I'm not too sure exactly how Conservation will work, but if it forces an ability instead of doing the usual auto-attack first hit, it may solve the problem.

Could also avoid that auto-attack first hit by pressing an ability key while you have no target and then attacking an enemy, but that's time wasted when killing a large amount of NPCs (ex: Slayer.)

I'm a little confused, I thought Ports 2 came with a t85 melee weapon? It completely slipped my mind until now. Is that perhaps why the ports expansion felt a little thin, is there more still to come? Or did they scrap that idea from Runefest?

hzvjpwS.gif

Another thing Sy isn't considering is that these darts aren't degradeable as such and a large portion of the auto-attack darts will be recovered by your cape. If i had to guess i'd say that total cost of ownership for these darts(considering all supplies and requirements) is significantly lower than that for ascension crossbows.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Another thing Sy isn't considering is that these darts aren't degradeable as such and a large portion of the auto-attack darts will be recovered by your cape. If i had to guess i'd say that total cost of ownership for these darts(considering all supplies and requirements) is significantly lower than that for ascension crossbows.

I did consider that if you read any of my post at all you'll see I specifically talked about darts lost, as with all ammo items you recover some and you lose some.

I never remotely implied  or spoke about degradation.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ava's device doesn't recover 100% of your ammo, though.

And we don't know if it'd work on the darts yet. I don't see why not, but it's possible.

Exactly. Ascension crossbows(or any t80 ranged items) degrade. Darts do not.

The darts don't degrade? Where is that information from? I assumed they did as all the other items from ports do...

Edited by mlskid

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Can't put the things to attract adventurers even though it specifically mentions them in the newspost... :|

I guess if I had really planned ahead I could have had 4 100% chance scroll voyages saved and ready to claim lol. I kinda hope someone had the foresight to do that.

I did this. But as mentooned already they changed it so unfortunately you are not allowed to change scroll focus when a scroll voyage is out anymore. So they were wasted.

FYI Ox head and Judge both had their base stats increased, JoD is now 900 all and ox is 1,000 all

no that's for level 10.  level 10 oxhead used to be 1200

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

FYI Ox head and Judge both had their base stats increased, JoD is now 900 all and ox is 1,000 all

ooo i a noob

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

dpiujq.png

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

ooo i a noob

Yeah... But in general terms, this small nerf doesn't really change much. When previously Ox were useful for trio and could be used as alternatives for duo missions, they are now only useful for trio missions. I personally never got myself more than 3 Ox(for 5 Laq and 5 Plate resource missions).

Another thing is, in about 10 days, most of our crew will be useless anyway.

Oxheads were worth using on any duo mission because of the JoD boost, that's no longer the case. Even if it was only a +100 difference, it's really stupid to nerf Oxheads now.

At least all the other special crew members were worth using in the region beyond the one you unlocked them in, Oxheads probably don't even get that done.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I bought my Seismics a few days ago, but I'm not too worried. 

Still, a bunch of earthshaking updates today (and I don't necessarily mean in a good way). They have completely wrecked a lot of markets by their sheer incompetence. A lot of the things that happened today should have happened years ago; then they wouldn't have been such a sudden change. 

Still a lot of flaws that need fixing; the comp requirement is silly, as is the Comp Cape no longer being BIS (this should be rectified immediately, let us combine th new cape with Comp). The Oxhead Nerf was completely unnecessary, whatever oblivious Mod did that in a vain effort to balance something that was already balanced should instantly change it back. The Seafaring imbalance in Ports which they said they would fix ages ago still hasn't been fixed. Lame. Aside from not having as many rewards as they previously implied, a lot of the ingame stuff (like the amount of new building/ship updates, was completely lackluster). Looks completely rushed. And so on.

• Like 1

I bought my Seismics a few days ago, but I'm not too worried. 

Still, a bunch of earthshaking updates today (and I don't necessarily mean in a good way). They have completely wrecked a lot of markets by their sheer incompetence. A lot of the things that happened today should have happened years ago; then they wouldn't have been such a sudden change. 

Still a lot of flaws that need fixing; the comp requirement is silly, as is the Comp Cape no longer being BIS (this should be rectified immediately, let us combine th new cape with Comp). The Oxhead Nerf was completely unnecessary, whatever oblivious Mod did that in a vain effort to balance something that was already balanced should instantly change it back. The Seafaring imbalance in Ports which they said they would fix ages ago still hasn't been fixed. Lame. Aside from not having as many rewards as they previously implied, a lot of the ingame stuff (like the amount of new building/ship updates, was completely lackluster). Looks completely rushed. And so on.

As far as I know, comp received all the bonuses of the new cape and can be worn upon the acquisition of the 4 cape scrolls. That said, I really would have liked this to be implemented more like the spirit cape bonuses- having to actually make a superior cape and use it on comp to receive the bonus. Right now, you can get the scrolls in a few days time and enjoy the bonuses weeks before anyone else is able to actually make one of these capes.

• Like 2

Oh you meant the other items degrading, in that case I'd specifically refer you to the post where I look at degrade costs combined with ammo costs vs dart costs to come up with the less than 100 darts lost per 10 hours figure to not exceed the running costs of ccb.

Yes I did not look at t90 degrade costs, but I fail to see the point since the line of discussion was whether making the move from t80 > t85 was worth it. Equally I did not consider rcb, but with the changes to it's repair putting the costs up in the air and the fact that ccb are superior anyway and this line of discussion was about using superior weaponry I again did not see the point I looking at it.

Still a lot of flaws that need fixing; the comp requirement is silly, as is the Comp Cape no longer being BIS (this should be rectified immediately, let us combine th new cape with Comp).

The Comp cape still is BIS it has been given identical lp and def stats as the superior cape in addition the already superior crit stats.
This change is the EXACT reason that 'silly' requirement has been added: In order to give you the stats of the new cape on comp you need to be able to access the new cape.

I'll agree with above post perhaps it'd of made more sense as an add-on dealy like the spirit cape effect though; that or have those 4 scrolls for plain comp and req all scrolls for trim (it is afterall something to complete)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You're right. I was wrong about the Comp Cape, apparently it does receive the new bonuses (though not completely, but good enough). So Comp is still BIS. I was sort of overwhelmed by the long list of updates today, so I didn't read as carefully as I ought to have, and relied on RSOF posts instead, one of which said Reefwalker was BIS and better than Comp.

I still find that recent Comp Reqs are getting more and more cumbersome; in the past it was mostly songs, now they make Comp Reqs what were usually Trim Requirements; like getting the full Airut mask.

You're right. I was wrong about the Comp Cape, apparently it does receive the new bonuses (though not completely, but good enough). So Comp is still BIS. I was sort of overwhelmed by the long list of updates today, so I didn't read as carefully as I ought to have, and relied on RSOF posts instead, one of which said Reefwalker was BIS and better than Comp.

I still find that recent Comp Reqs are getting more and more cumbersome; in the past it was mostly songs, now they make Comp Reqs what were usually Trim Requirements; like getting the full Airut mask.

Maybe the Airut mask will be vital in upcoming Tuska content (eg: unlock a miniquest)?

The reefwalker cape makes sense, really, since Comp should be a combinatination of all the best capes and if Reefwalker introduces the best defences, Comp should require Reefwalker.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Reefwalker is annoying, but not that hard or long, and it does make sense.

As for upcoming Tuska content, I doubt; they are so lagging behind on quests/scheduled updates, I'm not expecting anything more than what they have announced from that (and not even all of that).