7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

I keep hearing people say comp used to be mostly songs blah blah, but it always has had a bunch of other stuff in it besides songs, quests, tasks and skills.

Like all spells, max kudos, all miniquests, fight kiln, stronghold of player safety and security finished; comp has never been 'just' the basics its always been about completing everything that is fairly easy to complete. Trim has been about the longer term, harder to achieve things. The only reason a lot of people feel it used to be so simple is with it being all easy run of the mill stuff that can come in day-to-day playing most people who could get it day 1 and many getting it later on completed a whole raft of reqs without ever knowing they were reqs. It's just now when new ones get added they realise other things exist for the cape.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I had two scroll voyages from different adventurers. I send both out so maybe I'll be 2/4 for comp cape. I also started the cook and hunter story lines.

I also changed my icons for the cook and hunter. Yet I couldn't find the icon for the architect, why?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Received 4 adventurers today: a 10 plate mission and the storylines starting the cook and trapper. Cook seems... odd.

Yeah, I wonder what he was hiding. Also received a minigame from Seasinger Umi - that's new I take? 

I wonder what the seasingers minigame is like?

I bed the architect gives more bones, trapper gives pearls, and chef gives koi scales.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I wonder what the seasingers minigame is like?

Basically you're thrown into a small room with a bunch of crates and barrels and there's another guy there giving you hints about what you need to find, such as "we have an anchor, but we have nothing to attach it to", meaning you'd need to search for a chain in one of those crates/barrels.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I literally came back to runescape almost a year ago (last March/Late February) simply because of Ports. I trained all my skills in order to be able to do everything that Ports had to offer. I recently got 2400 total thanks to that training and I've enjoyed the game more than ever. 

But this update is simply horrible. 

This was a perfect opportunity for Jagex to do something about the stupid imbalance this game has in getting gear that is viable for use in the end game content. Magic should have been given a wand/orb. The prices on virtus might drift downward now that it degrades but it's unlikely to dip very low in the long term. Seismics still remain over max cash in order to get. Adding in a wand/orb here would have brought those prices down, as well as giving players like myself an opportunity to get weapons that while not BIS are still good enough to enjoy some higher level bossing. Getting gear should not be a grind, and introducing it through ports would have taken a lot of grind out of getting bossing ready. 

Range should also have been done differently. Sy is right that ascension shards shouldn't have been part of the equation. What they should have done is simply make the darts a trade good that you can send out voyages for and then make them tradeable. IMO they should have been shruikans though. As it is it's not worth giving up the bones and ascension shards to make them. You're better off just selling your shards and using your bones on elements/vamp to make the cash for asc bows.

Melee should have been given katana's to balance out the t85 combat tree, drygores are cheap enough that they aren't going to crash anymore but t85 melee would have been a nice bridge to them for people whose chaotics just aren't cutting it anymore. 

Oxheads getting nerfed is completely unwarrented and quite frankly retarded. They were perfect for triple stat voyages, and you would only use 1 on double stat voyages to make your JoD boost optimal. There was no need to change that.

The ring is underwhelming. My 6th age circuit has better crit, is free, and can't be lost. The defensive bonuses are soooo needed ... no wait ... they aren't. We still have people who use t8 armor at every boss because defense just isn't that important.

The cape being BiS is also dumb, max cape and comp cape should both be better. 

It's a sad day when the update that I was most anticipating for the last 6 months comes out and the best part about it is the patch notes and the ninja team update. I came back for Ports 1.0, and quite honestly I might leave because of 2.0. I have a little bit of hope that they will change some of these things and fix it within the month outside of finishing the world event I don't see myself continuing for very much longer. I am getting engaged tomorrow and I have said for a long time that I would not be playing this game once I got married. Maybe it's best to just get a head start on that...

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

The cape being BiS is also dumb, max cape and comp cape should both be better. 

it's only best in slot for armor/life boost. comp also matches those stats; making the scroll is a comp req

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Seems like most everyone got the Trapper and Chef first. Wonder which trade good they provide in particular.

The Chef gives one spice and 4 pearls for his pincer level trade good mission, not sure on the others.

Architect gives 1 pearl 4 koi scales for pincer-level trade good mission.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Somewhat wish that the old distance cap was set at 2.4M so that players who hit it would be able to jump straight into the Loop and play through the new crew/resources. Oh well, at least we have the 3 new adventurers.

Also,

6dEUn.png

6dEUU.png

*squee*

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Somewhat wish that the old distance cap was set at 2.4M so that players who hit it would be able to jump straight into the Loop and play through the new crew/resources. Oh well, at least we have the 3 new adventurers.

Also,

6dEUn.png

6dEUU.png

*squee*

THIS

IS

BRILLIANT

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Um, so, as of this update, my ability bar is gone and no pre-set can make it come back. Anyone knows fixes?

Is it just minimised? (As in you have the health, adren, energy and prayer bars still)

May be a stupid question but in my experience to date the number of people who claim their ability bar is missing and no preset brings it back and the number of people unaware it minimises are closely related.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Um, so, as of this update, my ability bar is gone and no pre-set can make it come back. Anyone knows fixes?

Is it just minimised? (As in you have the health, adren, energy and prayer bars still)

May be a stupid question but in my experience to date the number of people who claim their ability bar is missing and no preset brings it back and the number of people unaware it minimises are closely related.

Furthermore, this happens every time after a port random is played

Yeah that was it, cheers

The armour and constitution values on dragon rider gloves and boots has been increased.

The melee strength value on Akrisae's war mace has been increased.

The melee strength and accuracy of Korasi's sword has been increased.

^anyone know what the changes are?

Armadyl, Bandos and Zaros rune armours are now non-member items, to match the Saradomin, Guthix and Zamorak variants. Yew bows are now non-member items. noooooo, ultimate flip

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Did anyone else notice this in the Other News section?

From Friday, we're replacing all XP lamps on the Squeal of Fortune with fallen stars. These give slightly more XP than the lamps would have, but as Bonus XP that's given out as you train, rather than a lump sum as before.

Currently fallen stars are members only and I still have bonus xp from the first world event that I can't use. Does this mean that non-members will no longer be able to get xp from the SoF? If so, then there goes my main reason for putting up with the damn thing in the first place. <_<

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Did anyone else notice this in the Other News section?

From Friday, we're replacing all XP lamps on the Squeal of Fortune with fallen stars. These give slightly more XP than the lamps would have, but as Bonus XP that's given out as you train, rather than a lump sum as before.

Currently fallen stars are members only and I still have bonus xp from the first world event that I can't use. Does this mean that non-members will no longer be able to get xp from the SoF? If so, then there goes my main reason for putting up with the damn thing in the first place. <_<

Wait, I didn't realise that was a permanent thing. That's actually awesome :D Well it sucks for f2p, but I've wanted it that way round for ages, bonus xp is much fairer than lamp xp  :)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Ive had exp lamps since... Or I must really be mistaken.

The prismatic lamp however was a prismatic fallen star, but the skill specifics were probably still lamps.

Today is Wednesday