Power to the Players - New Poll System.

Ambler

According to Mod Osbourne on Twitter, based on player feedback they are thinking Prifddinas will require Within the Light and a new GM quest to be accessed. Interesting move.

Is that not what they had said already though?

4/8 segments would open after within the light, the rest would open after the new GM quest?

Or did he literally say they entire city would need the gm quest?

@Urza betting on guild-like places is hardly a dangerous bet considering in almost everything they've said about the city thus far they've mentioned it having guild-like places.

Actually it seems like they changed their mind. He didn't exactly say that the whole city will require the completion of this new GM quest for access, but what he said is very, very close to that. To quote:

Breaking news: current thinking is access to Elf City will require Within the Light AND the new grandmaster quest, due to player feedback

twitter.com/JagexOsborne

It does to me seem like they have changed their minds to the better option. This also means that we will be getting a quest and the city at the same time if Prifddinas wins the vote.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

From what they have said about Invention so far I kinda hope they use Div:invent to an extent as a road map for how to rework mine:smith, fish:cook, wc:fletch later on (sort of hunt:craft too, but they aren't quite as solid a paring as they perhaps ought to be eg most of the hides from crafting coming from combat when they could come from hunting instead)

Div resources retain some value (and will probably rise after invent comes) because there are two things going on: You can gather resources to use yourself and gain some xp or you can go for pure xp and come away with nothing.

It's not 100% perfect, but this would be a good model for gathering skills in general to help revalue the items a bit (in time) by making it so that by training the skill you don't have to pump thousands upon thousands of the items into the economy (for the sake of this argument consider dropped ores as still entering the economy as they exist) instead there should be a training route that offers better xp but you walk away with nothing or very little. Making the gathering aspect of the skill something you go to do to get resources/money make opposed to the be all and end all of the skill.

Equally for invent they spoke of using artisans workshop idea: Way to train where you don't produce heaps of items but it'll be alongside things you can make to use.

This again would work well for all the artisan skills, give us means to train them for better xp rates where we walk away with nothing and have the production element as secondary.

Essentially creating a divide between training the skill and using the skill.

Another benefit would be the artisan skills would still need some supplies for the training which would help to eat up excess from the gatherer skills.

The only pairing I think warrants being slightly more careful with is fish:cook as its produce isn't as wasted as the other skills, but it could still draw on the principles to help raise prices a little bit on the lower items. But then I think there are other ways cooking could be addressed too to aid farming (and maybe hunter) that could help with balance - eg make the training focus on baking things opposed to just cooking fish over and over again. By introducing such a baking-based training you could put a focus on using up fruit and vegetables and meats that currently are kinda ignored.

Of course these measures wouldn't fix economic issues overnight. It'd take years for the excesses to be eaten up and monsters dropping excessive amounts of gatherer items would hinder progress.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And Osborne just added this (About if we will both the new GM quest and WTL to enter Prifddinas):

@JagexOsborne Do you mean both to enter at all, or the same plan as before where each gives you half?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak