Unable to grab hold of chrome...

esplodere

So I've been trying to play runescape using swiftkit with "use chrome" checked off. However, everytime try it gives me an error message "unable to grab hold of Chrome... ensure you have the latest verion of Chrome installed." Now i've check to make sure Chrome was updated and visa versa. I've even gone back and looked at posts of people with the same problem in the past year. I've tried all the fixes to no avail. It was originally working fine up until recently, So im guessing someone hasn't gotten a chance to get to it, as i read the other posts. But please could you fix this asap, life is hard having to play one game with two programs open, even with two monitors :S. Thanks in advance!

-Esplodere

Hi,

Sorry about this but Chrome made some pretty big changes in their latest stable update (version 32). These changes broke the SwiftKit/Chrome implementation. I've had a look and it's not going to be a simple fix. I don't know when we'll have an update but I'm going to look at it this weekend.

For the time being you'll have to uncheck the use chrome option.

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

Aww bummer, at least you guys know what's up. All I can say is i appreciate your quick response and hard work on the matter, I know theses things aren't easy. Just keep doing a great job and get it fixed as soon as you can! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've just pushed an update to the Staff Server, which I *hope* has fixed it. Ran into a lot of problems a long the way trying to get this working again. Hasn't been fun.

Anyway, in the SwiftKit Launcher, click 'Options' go to 'Advanced' then 'Use Staff Server'. The password is ruckus13

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png