Jan 21st 2014 - Slayer Helmet and Social Slayer update

Kimberly

I don't think he's looking to eliminate gods at all. He's aiming for a world without war, not without gods.

I don't think he specifically wants a world without war. You can tell because he just participated in a war in order to kill a weaker god.

I hate FSH's look in general, this update hasn't convinced me (in the slightest) to even attempt to switch off my hide helm option.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Anyone else hate the colors of the mighty strong slayer helm (fully upgraded)?

I actually quite like it.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

• Using a player-owned house armour stand to repair broken drygore gear now reduces the cost by up to 50%, depending on your Smithing level.
  • Abyssal demons will no longer teleport as often.

UPDATES OF THE DECADE

Gotta go with  this.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I don't think he's looking to eliminate gods at all. He's aiming for a world without war, not without gods.

I don't think he specifically wants a world without war. You can tell because he just participated in a war in order to kill a weaker god.

Actually not really. Sometimes you accept as a temporary or transitional tactic something which you intend to eliminate in the long-run, nothing contradictory in that.

• Like 2

Actually not really. Sometimes you accept as a temporary or transitional tactic something which you intend to eliminate in the long-run, nothing contradictory in that.

Exactly this. If killing Bandos ends war forever, then the total amount of war will approach zero as time approaches infinity. A finite amount of war now may lead to a greater amount of war saved in the future. Armadyl has gotten a lot more pragmatic since the near-extinction of the aviansies.
  • Like 4

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Exactly this. If killing Bandos ends war forever, then the total amount of war will approach zero as time approaches infinity. A finite amount of war now may lead to a greater amount of war saved in the future. Armadyl has gotten a lot more pragmatic since the near-extinction of the aviansies.

After all, it kind of makes sense to take out the god of war as quickly as you can if your end goal is peace...

• Like 4

After all, it kind of makes sense to take out the god of war as quickly as you can if your end goal is peace...

But for a god of war he pretty much sat on his behind and had a nice clean war up to the point that he saw that ball of energy flying toward him...I'm sure he became the god of war (and wiped out his whole race) from all his level playing field and clean tactics...I expected both gods to intervene every now and then (or at least once) with a convoy (either healing/destroying everyone at it).

• Like 1

howlin1eeveesig.png

The way he died just seemed lazy to me. "Oh man a big shiny ball of energy flying right at me, better just look surprised at it as it flies right into my neck, and make no attempt to JUMP OFF OF MY TOWER or anything!" They could've at least had the energy ball blow up the tower, and then have Armadyl fly in and finish him off.

Also, for being such a "kind and just" sort of god, Armadyl kinda went unsportsmanlike conduct on Bandos by smashing his head like that. (SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!)

Plot twist: The only reason Bandos was a war god was because the mace made him bloodthirsty and a warmonger, and now Armadyl will turn that way too due to having the mace. It'd be a nice explanation as to why he smashed Bandos' head, and quite the twist as it'd fit into a possible scheme of Sliske's. Turning the peaceful, just god into a warmonger... sounds like something he'd do.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I miss Bandos, he was a very open and clear god. Literally what's said on the tin. Although, it's quite clever of Jagex to pit the god of war and the god of peace against each other, and then the god of peace winning the battle. Also it seemed very uncharacteristic of Armadyl to bash Bandos's face even when he was basically dead.

Very poorly made end though, the animation was balls in my opinion.

• Like 1

Has anyone found pictures of the freezy reskins. I personally want to see the winderness one. I've been eager for them to create strykewyrm pet variations and was quite sad only the ice strykewyrm came out at the time.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Finally, a reason to use my million stockpiled slayer points.

In other news, should we be worried that Armadyl has taken up Bando's weapon?

It's capped at 64011 slayer points. No clue how you got 'millions'.

That said, tried the helm last night - it doesn't autotrigger scrolls, and I cannot manually trigger the special moves from scrolls stored in helm...

(tried with steel titans)

Vmser.png

Finally, a reason to use my million stockpiled slayer points.

In other news, should we be worried that Armadyl has taken up Bando's weapon?

It's capped at 64011 slayer points. No clue how you got 'millions'.

That said, tried the helm last night - it doesn't autotrigger scrolls, and I cannot manually trigger the special moves from scrolls stored in helm...

(tried with steel titans)

This is annoying the hell out of me.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Can the improved Slayer Helmet be recolored?

I just got 99 Slayer, kind of want a red Mighty Slayer Helmet to wear with cape, but don't really wanna bother slaying past 99 if it can't be red, especially in light of the "lost on death" thing losing 1100 Slayer points straight up.

2dgucz6.png

Can someone post a picture of a recolored Mighty Slayer Helmet? With the rings fused and it enchanted, preferably. Just to know all that stuff stacks, and that there hasn't been a typical and grievous oversight...

There already was a grievous oversight, scrolls stored in slayer helms don't activate at all.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I have every fear that upgrading a recolored slayer helmet, or adding the ability to put rings on it, or trying to recolor an upgraded helmet is going to produce unintended consequences probably including losing a huge amount of points to gross negligence.

... Which is why I'm asking if anyone has already tried this basically "ultimate" compilation of things.. :|

According to the RSOF,  the helmet is destroyed on death, and the upgrading options are one-off, not multi-use, or even multi-use with cheaper reuse, like Warpriest or something.

V V

2dgucz6.png