Combat Improvements / Beta

Quorra

Watching the video showed me that momentum plus is just a slightly beefed up version of the current momentum, not in addition to it, this makes more sense. (I was thinking it was in addition to momentum)

Seems to me the Revolution ability will be a lot better than Momentum plus, as it appears to build adrenaline slowly over time versus on each hit.

I really like the improvements and Revolution is definitely something I will be using if/when they release it to RS3.

I hope they add specials to the top end weapons. It wouldn't make much sense for all the tier 60-75 level weapons to have them and nothing at 80/90.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Queuing abiliities is nice. A lot of the button smashing comes from hitting the next ability 2-3 times to make sure it fires right after the current one. This will at least eliminate those redundant key presses.

I'm not so sure on spec attacks, although they apparently suck anyway.

Momentum buff will makes daggs faster, but that's about it.

Asmodean <3

Just sold a pair of claws for 11.5m. Even if they get their old special attack again, they can't be anywhere near as good as they used to be (even their chaotic version).

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Wow. Revolution is super good. Tried it at two of the things i like to do most combat wise- dungeoneering(with DW magic) and slayer(drygores/QBD). With revolution, i click about 20 times less and get a higher total damage output due to more auto-attacks. The learning curve of how to manage thresholds and ultimates in there is very slim and it all really feels like pre-EoC combat- only with more diversity and choices. Kind of sucks they will likely not be putting it in any time soon.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Did some PvP, the lack of cooldown between switches gives some VERY interesting fights if you both bring switches, though as I was steel titan prodding the majority of people either ran, teled, or died within 10 seconds. :lol:

Will explore this further when they make it playable on Linux computers with the client. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

And then everybody bought out all of the old spec weapons. Out with the new, in with the old...

Are any of them at all relevant? Seems like abilities would outdo every old spec, not even considering many were purposefully made to take their place.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

And then everybody bought out all of the old spec weapons. Out with the new, in with the old...

Are any of them at all relevant? Seems like abilities would outdo every old spec, not even considering many were purposefully made to take their place.

My concern is that specs will be worth using at like 80-90 attack/magic/ranged, which would defeat the entire purpose of eoc

The price spikes are pretty much all hype.

The 'specials' are basically mediocre specials tailored specifically to the tier of the weapon.

In pretty much all cases normal abilities equal or out do the special.

And of course weapons of a higher tier exceed them in all ways.

This is not a game were a dragon wep with a decent special can pwn everyone - it's t60 tat

Nor is it a game where t70 and t75 with specials can outclass t80 and t90.

They are a nice little perk to the weapons they are on, but nothing to write home about they all just offer an extra threshold vaguely useful til you upgrade to better gear.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Personally ability queu is the best for pvm. Life sucks when you think you timed your shield ability right then BAM one hit KO.

Also momentum+/revolution is a slayers best friend. Revolution moreso on them specific tasks.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

As it currently stands, all the old specials suck for PVM (for the most part). Why is that? Because the weapons they are linked to have accuracy that is inferior to T90 weaponry, and because the old specials use adrenaline that is equivalent to the old combat system - which is a big no-no. So for instance, the Armadyl Godsword's special attack requires you to have 50% threshold to activate it, but after that, it drains it from 50% to 0%. It's far better to use normal thresholds which require 50% adrenaline to activate but only eat up 15% adrenaline. Unless they address at least this problem, and possibly give some of the specials a boost, they won't make a dent in EoC at all.

• Like 1

Tbh specials are just a weird market:

If they do make a dent in EoC then its bad because they've ruined their tier system, unless they give all higher weps a special but then tht defeats the idea anyway.

If they don't make a dent in EoC they achieve nothing other than adding a random extra ability to a weapon and hopefully quietening down the whiners obsessed with specials who some how think their return will fix everything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As it currently stands, all the old specials suck for PVM (for the most part). Why is that? Because the weapons they are linked to have accuracy that is inferior to T90 weaponry, and because the old specials use adrenaline that is equivalent to the old combat system - which is a big no-no. So for instance, the Armadyl Godsword's special attack requires you to have 50% threshold to activate it, but after that, it drains it from 50% to 0%. It's far better to use normal thresholds which require 50% adrenaline to activate but only eat up 15% adrenaline. Unless they address at least this problem, and possibly give some of the specials a boost, they won't make a dent in EoC at all.

Yeah, it's awesome

Also the following can be research in the beta. I will love anyone who does so forever.

• Frequency of voyages, crew, and captains in player-owned ports
  • QBD/Barrows/ROT6 drop rates(kill->enter beta->check chest->import save->repeat)
  • If disease is determined on plant or on tick (plant->wait until farming tick->see if diseased->import save->repeat)
  • Average yield of herbs (pick->import save->repeat)
  • Crystal triskelion reward rates
  • Favor points (Jadinko lair) reward rates (seeds/teleport bags)
  • Like 3

This beta already has a [bleep]in stupid economy all to itself because there aren't any weapon/armor dispensers this time other than Lady Deathknell at Lumbridge, who gives spec weapons through dialogue. On that note Morrigan's Javelins seem kinda OP.

2dgucz6.png

This beta already has a [bleep]in stupid economy all to itself because there aren't any weapon/armor dispensers this time other than Lady Deathknell at Lumbridge, who gives spec weapons through dialogue. On that note Morrigan's Javelins seem kinda OP.

Does it really matter what the 'economy' does in a completely closed beta where nothing is permanent?

Heck half my clan are quite happy to go on repair their gear and give them to others for free so they can play with t90 gear or nex armour or w/e cause we can just reload our data and get them back again.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

the option of having additional abilities on top of the abilities we have now will always be more attractive than not having them

btw, how does one actually equip these abilities

On the right side of the ability bar is a special "special attack" button that changes by weapon.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

If this goes live, does that mean inventory quick slots are gone? In the beta the colored blue and green boxes are still there in the inventory but not on the bar.

Incidentally, someone asked me to give them my seismics on the beta today, and only after it happened did I realize what a blunder that was. Knowing Jagex, I could have easily lost it on the main game or something. 

Just so you guys know, you can't redeem bonds in the beta and keep reloading your save file to get more. (in case anyone was wondering)

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

And THIS is why it's a BETA :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!