Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

The new ruby poll is up on the forum for discussion, which is early as usual:

3rd Age Armours Rework

Ruby

The Ninja Team has received many suggestions to update the Third-Age armour sets, but we feel that many players may be attached to the existing look. Would you like this equipment to receive a graphical rework?

70% majority required to pass.

generic_voting_banner-18153635.jpg

Yes, graphically rework it

Choose this option if you would like us to graphically rework the Third-Age armour sets. The reworks would be based on the existing armour.

No, do not change it!

Choose this option if you don't want us to update the equipment.

"The reworks would be based on the existing armour."

People are going to overlook this...

Edit: Strong-arm Resting won the free June members free SGS item and is available.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Of course it's not going to pass.

Let the people decide that the game should look inconsistent graphically and look unprofessional, that's a super good idea.

I don't think updating a super exclusive set of armor that most people will never own and has zero practical value makes the game look unprofessional. Unconsistent, but not unprofessional;.

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Third-Age armor has the right to look "playdoh 2006" as it is technically old armor.... I just don't want them to make it looks like garbage just like they did with bandos, all barrows, metalic, and some mix and match items....... Leave it the way it is...

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Third-Age armor has the right to look "playdoh 2006" as it is technically old armor.... I just don't want them to make it looks like garbage just like they did with bandos, all barrows, metalic, and some mix and match items....... Leave it the way it is...

I'd guess the ideal solution would just be to tighten it up a bit? Change it just enough to make it fit with the rest of the game.

Probably would have helped if the ninja team had some sort of design proposal or rough sketches of what they wanted to update 3rd age to look like, but yeah, muh dev budgets lol

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Video game graphics is a concept that doesn't exist in the fantasy world of runescape. Buildings built hundreds of years ago don't look like playdoh...

You can have something looking old/ancient without absolutely having to keep playdoh graphics.

(The armour looking like garbage: LOL)

you should be glad it won't pass. If it was going to pass, every single 3a item would be bought out in excess of 1b each, and that's being conservative for parts of the melee/mage set.

I am glad it won't pass. I don't think it looks play dough and I like having the old look without giving Solomon money. IMO it's a "it's not broken, don't break it" kind of thing.

(yes that should read "it's not broken, don't fix it" but that's a rare occurance around here lol)

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

The "if it's not broken don't fix it" saying is such an outdated way of thinking lol

And why should I be happy that it wouldn't pass?

Third-age becoming more expensive = massive increase in profits when you get them from treasure trails.

• Like 1

The "if it's not broken don't fix it" saying is such an outdated way of thinking lol

Third-age becoming more expensive = massive increase in profits when you get them from treasure trails.

That's big coming from the guy who got two already, but what about the rest of us without insane rng luck :P
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

btw they don't have to put the retro overrides on Solomon's.

Make it so you can right click said 3a piece to switch between retro and new look. Voilà!

But this is Jagex we're talking about... they can't do that. Then what use is their precious Solomon's store?  :rolleyes:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

It's outdated for this application because you disagree, imo. I don't care how old a saying is, that doesn't discredit it's validity.

You're being greedy imo. You want it to be updated so you can MAYBE (big maybe) get a piece from a clue during the couple months the price is high to make massive profits. Meanwhile all the people that want to enjoy the new look are screwed because 4-5 people own 95% of the market.

Not attacking you, just addressing your post the same as you did mine.

Anyway, this is a fruitless argument. I know that you personally are very big into cosmetics and outfits on RS. I am not. You don't like the old look, I do. it's a disagreement in opinion and won't go anywhere.

Edit- what I will agree with is they should have been a bit more specific in the poll about what they would do to the armour. Many players are still unhappy with what they did to certain other updated gears. If all they wanted was to bring the look into current graphics without completely revamping it (ie, tighter and cleaner), then I may have voted yes along with many others. The "The reworks would be based on the existing armour" part tells me this is possibly what they had planned, but it wasn't very clear. However, imo the whole point of 3a armour is to have it look like it is from a bygone age. Which is why they need to be more specific, as a graphical rework could do the opposite of that.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

How dare people want to make money rather than let it circulate among the already wealthy players.

if 3rd age gets updated the already wealthy players who've hoarded 3rd age would make tons of money, and if they chose to dump it could pretty much reverse the entire market trend and kill any profit "normal" players would make off this update

6Ij0n.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL artemis

No, I want them to be updated so that they don't have playdoh 2006 graphics anymore.

@mlskid: they're making a poll that requires 70% yes to graphically update them. I think if all they wanted was money, they would just update them without asking and directly put the retro overrides on Solomon's.

And making that poll is mainly because they don't want to upset the people who like the current looks. If they went and made the current looks available for free (I say for free since they would probably be put for 60k lp on Solomon's, but they'd probably be for 210 rc too), that would be counter-productive since people spend hundreds of millions for 3a and now you could suddenly get it for 1/1000th of the price :p

Hey Jagex, if you're gonna poll third age graphical rework, then firetrucking poll skillcape graphical rework too instead of saying "we don't want to upset the people who like the current looks"

Also, if the 3a poll doesn't pass, then they should put the graphically updated 3a as buyable overrides on Solomon's. I remember them talking about putting some form of override similar to 3a on there since they realized that 3a was way too expensive for the average player who would want it.

• Like 1

How dare people want to make money rather than let it circulate among the already wealthy players.

if 3rd age gets updated the already wealthy players who've hoarded 3rd age would make tons of money, and if they chose to dump it could pretty much reverse the entire market trend and kill any profit "normal" players would make off this update

So 3a would drop in price making it more accessible?

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

And then the whole cycle repeats itself, with the wealthy players buying out third age because it's now cheap, then it becomes expensive again.

The thing is, demand for third-age is (right now) much higher than the actual supply (hoarded pieces of 3a don't count in the supply, since they're not in circulation)

If hoarders dumped their third-age, then yeah, prices would drop massively, making it more affordable.

But then, since it's more affordable, more and more people start buying 3a for prestige purposes.

But since there is no longer a hoarded stock to dump on the market and the only way more would feasibly get into circulation is via treasure trails (very rare), then eventually the prices would go back up. Granted, possibly not as high as they currently are (since less 3a would be hoarded by the very rich players, it would be more 'spread out' or so to speak, and we know that the 'regular people' would probably feel guilty about spending all that money on something as useless as that, so they're more prone to re-selling it.)