Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

Skillcapes really need a proper update, especially now with these new and shiny 120 capes. I am happy that for once the vote is going my way.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

If you think about it... you have comp capes setting the the minimum bar for particle capes (or high prestige capes... whatever). Then 120 capes for specified prestige. The 120 capes don't necessarily need updating and are purely prestige.

99 capes though are a standard milestone and at the very least the first major leveling milestone. Most skills are reasonable enough to get 99 in - reasonable ease of access being something of a desired aspect for fashionscape items. So it should be understood why 99 capes get the fashionscape overhaul over 120 capes.

• Like 4

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Next Adventurers Log Feature

Diamond

The Web team are hard at work on the new Adventurer's Log. While we are laying the foundations, we need to know what big new feature to add first.

Highest total wins!

Skill Milestones

A single page showing all your skills with progress bars to your next level and next big milestone. See at a glance how close that skillcape is!

Quest Comparison

Select two players to see a side by side comparison of their quest completion. Go for bragging rights or just find a quest you can play with a friend.

Skill History

Select a skill and go back in time. Detailed graphs and stats show how much XP you gained each week and each month all the way back to a year ago.

Mod Rascasse

The web team are currently working on a redesign of all the existing functionality on Adventurer's Log. This will give us a good foundation from which to start to build new features.

Your new Adventurer's Log will be split across multiple pages, with a profile page and separate pages for skills, quests and activity. Your most recent and most important stats will be on your summary page and you'll be able to click through to much clearer detailed data.

The first release of Adventurer's Log will be this redesign. Once this is done, we will start adding new features, and that's what this poll is about.

In this poll, you have the opportunity to choose which new feature we should add first. Two of the options apply to the new Skills page, and one option applies to the new Quests page.

You haven't seen these new pages yet, so here is a glimpse of what they will be like BEFORE any new features are added (click to enlarge):

skills.jpg

quests.jpg

(These are mockups only - the text is just there for illustration)

Your choices are:

1: Skill Milestones

In the first release, progress bars will indicate how close you are to your next level in each skill. The new Skill Milestones feature would add the ability to change these bars to any imporant milestone you want. For example, you might be level 67 and want to see how close you are to level 70. Or you might want to see how far away level 99 or 200,000,000XP are.

2: Quest Comparison

Similar to the Skill comparison that already exists on HiScores. Select two players and see a side by side list of all quests, with an indication of the status of each one for both players. Ideal for players who want to quest together and need to know what quests they both haven't completed.

3: Skill History

The Skill History page would add historical data to the skills page. You would click on a skill, and it would expand to show a graph of how much XP you gained each week or month in the past. The data would go back as far as a year ago.

Note: We have only been collecting this data since March 2014, so the full year archive won't be available until March 2015.

Mod Rascasse

Web Producer

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Note they said what one they do FIRST, not that the others would not happen.

The entire wording of it heavily implies all 3 (and more) will happen in due course.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Note they said what one they do FIRST, not that the others would not happen.

The entire wording of it heavily implies all 3 (and more) will happen in due course.

Thanks for pointing this out. I totally missed it when I skimmed it while at work.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

• 2 weeks later...

I guess ill post this. Im not entirely a enthused with the set of options, but maybe some of you are...

September Seasonal Hiscores

Ruby

Which of the following seasonal hiscores would you like to see next? We will poll more seasonal hiscores (as well as some options which didn’t win) in future polls.

Highest total wins!

Potatoes picked

A seasonal hiscore for picking the most potatoes (Leta)

Runite ore mined

A seasonal hiscore for mining the most Runite ore (Pink Shed)

Herbs grown

A seasonal hiscore for growing herbs using your own farming patches (PrimalMoose)

Wilderness agility laps

The runner-up of a previous poll. A seasonal hiscore for the most completed laps of the Wilderness Agility Training Area (IJade)

Pest control games

A seasonal hiscore for the most Pest Control games completed (Sebski)

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Good semantics but since it's "own" patches I don't think it'll work but jagex had missed stuff before so we'll see

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I guess ill post this. Im not entirely a enthused with the set of options, but maybe some of you are...

Never been enthused with "do the most ____" challenges in MMOs, since the leaderboards are dominated by people who, for one reason or another, have 24 hours a day to spend at home (work at home, kids off school, are disabled, retired, stay at home mom/dad, etc). You can't compete with that.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Urza told me to post this here ..

4035150d30.png

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Wait...giant mole?

Didn't that just get reworked drops with the revamp already?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They mentioned it earlier in the topic stating they justify it as the game is ever changing. I would think they might want to refocus the usage of drops or the farming of the boss. Maybe we'll see more tree roots, more nests, etc?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Wait...giant mole?

Didn't that just get reworked drops with the revamp already?

Already time to rework the rework, how surprising.

My vote's probably going to the Death group. Nechryael and Vyrewatch need some love, and people need to discover the epic Slayer XP that is Wyverns.

Why not all of them at once

Hey, it's hard work and a tricky job rebalancing the drop table of a monster, let alone four! ~ Mod Timbo
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Honestly this is a real tough poll. I think giant creatures are a sure loss because there is no love for them in slayer. I mean the mole - maybe for boss slayer. Fire giants could be interesting. But ice giants and hill giants? Lol we will see soon enough when they decide to work on them later.

Death creatures have a great potential, but i am more interested in elementals. I mean how can you not see them all recieving orb drops.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm veering towards elementals, they need more love.

Which reminds me, has there been a peep about the Skillcape re-work poll they launched? did it win? is there an ETA?

Popoto.~<3

I'm veering towards elementals, they need more love.

Which reminds me, has there been a peep about the Skillcape re-work poll they launched? did it win? is there an ETA?

It did win with 85% for it. I can't seem to find an eta for it.

The last post before the poll topioc closed was this:

Mod Selfie:

Around 85% of you voted "Yes" which means skillcapes will be receiving a graphical update. Another poll will be run in the not too distant future to determine the extent of the changes :)

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm just waiting for the superultraextremetodamaxx antifire to cover wyvern attacks

the elementals and undead categories both need re evaluation though, their drops are kind of uh, old school rs

8f14270694.jpg

I'm just waiting for the superultraextremetodamaxx antifire to cover wyvern attacks

the elementals and undead categories both need re evaluation though, their drops are kind of uh, old school rs

Theyll get to them anyways. I think voting would be best done with potential loot in mind.

I could imagine elementals getting talisman, orb and maybe spirit shard drops. Glacors are pretty ok at the moment. I could see some tweaking with them. The chaos elemental is one tgat i know would get some much needed love.

Undead are kind of tricky. Maybe armoured zombies could drop a lot of mithril nd adamant armour like abyssals. They could pull off some interesting stuff with nechryaels. I think noted nightshade, noted morchella mushrooms, elder portents.

Giants... ehhh maybe noted limps, noted tarromin and kwuarm from giants. Fire giants could drop noted fire orbs, noted molten glass.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png