Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

I kinda wish Jagex would move in a way whereby monsters have more area specific drop tables just to mix things up a bit more - at least for some mobs anyway.

So like the choice of where to kill a mob would have more to it than pure spawn numbers and ease of access - like metals in kuras dungeon would have hoarded different things from their local environment to what the ones in brimhaven have at hand or the ones at ghorrock might find.

Would be an interest way to maybe try and mix up what monsters people wanna fight e.g. 'noob' monsters in more high end areas which have some better drops to make them farm worthy whilst not swamping out the low end area with high lvls.

• Like 5

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I kinda wish Jagex would move in a way whereby monsters have more area specific drop tables just to mix things up a bit more - at least for some mobs anyway.

So like the choice of where to kill a mob would have more to it than pure spawn numbers and ease of access - like metals in kuras dungeon would have hoarded different things from their local environment to what the ones in brimhaven have at hand or the ones at ghorrock might find.

Would be an interest way to maybe try and mix up what monsters people wanna fight e.g. 'noob' monsters in more high end areas which have some better drops to make them farm worthy whilst not swamping out the low end area with high lvls.

I agree and have been wanting this since EOCs release.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Metal dragons at Ghorrock having third age sounds nice

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'm just waiting for the superultraextremetodamaxx antifire to cover wyvern attacks

the elementals and undead categories both need re evaluation though, their drops are kind of uh, old school rs

Theyll get to them anyways. I think voting would be best done with potential loot in mind.

I could imagine elementals getting talisman, orb and maybe spirit shard drops. Glacors are pretty ok at the moment. I could see some tweaking with them. The chaos elemental is one tgat i know would get some much needed love.

Undead are kind of tricky. Maybe armoured zombies could drop a lot of mithril nd adamant armour like abyssals. They could pull off some interesting stuff with nechryaels. I think noted nightshade, noted morchella mushrooms, elder portents.

Giants... ehhh maybe noted limps, noted tarromin and kwuarm from giants. Fire giants could drop noted fire orbs, noted molten glass.

noted nightshade?

YES PLEASE, you however can't note it nor do porters work on them. fu jagex

Undead here; avid revenant hunter so inb4 ghost rework doesn't include them and the long list of undead monsters all have crap drops.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

• 1 month later...

What's New For Ports?

Diamond

At the start of next year, we plan to add to the Player-owned Ports. What would you like the main focus of that update to be? There is more information on each option on the Poll Forums.

Highest total wins!

Pirate-owned Ports

Build a pirate ship with your existing ship parts and then use it to attack other players' ships. A safe PvP version of Player-owned Ports

Keep Expanding

More adventurers, more locations, more voyages, and more resources! More, more, more!

Dive, Dive, Dive!

A submarine to upgrade and a new kind of voyage, allowing you to explore underwater cities. Includes potential penguin crewmates!

Unleash the Krakens!

Massive krakens appear as game-wide voyages available for everyone to complete. Players work cooperatively for a share of the spoils.

I don't play Ports

Choose this option if you do not play Player-owned Ports.

I don't mind

Choose this option if you do not mind which of the above options gets chosen.

Poll ETA: Tuesday 2nd September

27-Aug-2014 16:55:43 Last edited on 27-Aug-2014 17:04:59 by Mod Osborne

So, what can you expect from each option?

Pirate-owned Ports:

You'll get space for a pirate ship, which you can build in a similar manner to existing ships. The aim is to make the Battle Rating high, and to give standing orders that suit your set-up. You'll be choosing to attack other online portmasters who have pirate ships, for the chance of new PvP-only rewards. Don't worry - if you lose, your port won't be affected, but your pirate ship may well be...

Keep Expanding:

If you liked the Ports Expansion that was released earlier this year, you will like this. More adventurers, more locations, more rewards, more resources. The skill focuses would be polled, so you could choose which skills are plugged into. We hope to expand on the Horn of Quin as an item, and what might have happened to it.

Dive, Dive, Dive!

This option adds a new ship to your port - a submarine. This ship can perform a new kind of voyage underwater. We're planning for the mechanics of underwater voyages to be subtly different than real-time ports voyages, with choices made mid-voyage. There will be submarine-specific rewards, penguins will be involved, and you may even travel to parts of Acheron.

Unleash the Krakens!

Huge sea monsters have risen from the seabed. These are global enemies that are available for all portmasters to attack. Collaborate together to chip away at the health of the Kraken, and - if enough of you successfully damage it - it will explode like a massive pinata, offering rewards aplenty. We will also be adding kraken random events in your port, which will drop items that help you when fighting krakens.

NOTES:

- We are polling the main focus of the update. We have plans to make other, smaller additions as well as these. This includes the usability and accessibility of the Captain's Log.

- The update will not be voiced

- We will attempt to make sure that the rewards will be equally good, regardless of which option you choose

- Whichever update you choose, there will still be the feeling of real-time voyages: waiting for your ships to come in!

- As always this is subject to change, particularly to the above descriptions!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hmmm, I absolutely love ports, it's easily my favorite update of the last few years and I still do it every day. But I'm not too keen to keep expanding with more regions and rewards, I feel like the amount we have currently is more than sufficient and I would fear that adding greater than 8 base trade goods would make it ridiculously quick to make the ports armour etc and devalue them to even lower prices.   In my opinion it would just be a dull way to expand it further.

Something completely different to mix it up is the right way to go about it, and I think I will vote for the penguin one as it sounds the most fun.

I really hope they're considering making ports accessible from the app too!

Im not sure what to think about this... i think they really flubbed ports v2 and im causious to vote on this. I think i would reserve my vote until i would know more on each aspect, but that wont happen. Ill most likely vote on an expansion, but pirateering would be great too in its own way.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

• 2 weeks later...

Which quest?

Dragonstone

Our developers have some awesome ideas for quests, based on conversations with the community. Which one should we start developing?

Highest total wins!

Elemental Workshop V

Your adventure continues, deeper into the devilishly devious workshop where you unlock the secrets of the Astral and Nature rooms.

Pirate Quest

What horrors lurk in the waters of the Cursed Archipelago? Find the source of Rabid Jack’s power as the pirates of Mos Le'Harmless prepare for war.

Spellcrafting Quest

Spellcrafting is a lost and dangerous art. Can you master it and create a new spell for the wizards of the world?

Zamorak’s Heist

Sliske has the Stone of Jas, and Zamorak plans to assemble a team and engineer a heist. But is Sliske the only enemy?

I don't mind

Choose this option if you don't mind which of the above quests are developed.

ETA: February

Poll ETA: Tuesday 9th September

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

All are great in their own right except the elemental workshop. I think the rewards this far have been quite outdated. The puzzles through... amazing.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Elemental Workshop all the way for me.

It has a nice story, is something different to all the rest of quests and I just always had this sense it was going somewhere awesome.

Like the reqs slowly creep higher and we delve into more arcane things, it just feels like the end point is going to be the soul room and that soul armour is going to have the potential to be something incredible (not like absolute top tier but some high-end niche function).

Also would be a good place to dump the soul altar since vamps had blood and the mourners aka the death guard had death.

Though they all sound so good, this id the kind of poll I hate because they *all* should be happening especially given how they rambled on about their return to the old model of ~10 quests a year at least and here we are 3/4 of the way through the year and we have what like 3 or 4 quests?

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Though they all sound so good, this id the kind of poll I hate because they *all* should be happening

Support x9001

I'm torn. Really want EW5, but it's been a good while since a pirate quest too. Not to mention that they promised to further explore Zamorak in a quest, and it's basically going to be this.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There might be people out there that don't want jagex to waste their time on things that waste the player's time...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Sliske has the Stone of Jas, and Zamorak plans to assemble a team and engineer a heist. But is Sliske the only enemy?

@bold

Nomad is back.

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

@bold

Nomad is back.

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS OH MY GOD YES I WANT THIS

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

@bold

Nomad is back.

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS OH MY GOD YES I WANT THIS

Well considering nobody mentioned the involvement of Nomad in the quest I thought I'd take the honor of being the first to do so. :P But yeah, it was not something I thought took a leap of intelligence to figure out considering the devs have been talking about possible Nomad involvement, nor was I really insinuating that.

As for the poll itself, I will vote for the Pirates when I log back. However I thought the next Pirate quest was going to deal with Ape Atoll for some reason. 

Anyway, I'm surprised they are polling the Zamorak quest in the first place. I thought it was set in stone for December/January release. Well, it is Jagex... I shouldn't be completely surprised.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!