Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

Solo dungeons or vyrewatch corpses make sense to me, I don't know anything about sinkholes so I cannot say anything about that, but the last two just sound silly to me.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Solo dungeons or vyrewatch corpses make sense to me, I don't know anything about sinkholes so I cannot say anything about that, but the last two just sound silly to me.

They probably won't count the 17k recorded kills I have from before Blisterwood came out. :c

If we are to assume seasonals to be about skill and efficiency the only one applicable are sinkholes. Everything else is mainly about how many hours a day you can grind something useless. I doubt sinkholes will win, though.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

If we are to assume seasonals to be about skill and efficiency the only one applicable are sinkholes. Everything else is mainly about how many hours a day you can grind something useless. I doubt sinkholes will win, though.

daily reset says hi *waves*

equally couldnt you just boost your points on a quiet world with 4 friends?

baileydafrog.png

I can't vote for vyres cause thats all about preparation. The winners would be the ones getting pyre logs and vyre corpses now and not during that week.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I can't vote for vyres cause thats all about preparation. The winners would be the ones getting pyre logs and vyre corpses now and not during that week.

That is true, I guess I will be changing my vote then...

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Another poll coming to us;

High-Level Fish

Diamond

An Aquarium was recently chosen as a new player-owned house room. We promised new fish types with that update, and we want YOU to choose what they do! Note that the theme and name of the fish will change, and each will require level 80 Fishing, regardless of what is chosen.

Highest Total Wins!

Combo fish

Fish that have greater effects if you manage to eat them at precise times - after killing a creature, for example.

Passive fish

Passive healing abilities, like health regeneration and a reduction of incoming damage

Random fish

Fish that offer a locked amount of life-gain but randomised effects. These could randomly increase damage, accuracy, the amount that fish heal, or even debuff yourself!

Risky fish

Fish that have greater effects and greater life-gain the lower your lifepoints are. Do you risk waiting to use them?

Simple fish

Keep it simple. A fish that heals somewhere between shark and cavefish.

I don't mind

Choose this option if you do not mind which option is chosen.

ETA: April

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I really hope something other than 'simple fish' wins, or that will be minus quite a few points for community embracing creativity  <_< .

The other reason is that we have enough simple phish in the G.E...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I like my combat to be strategically planned out. So I'd mostly prefer passive, but combo or risky would be ok. The simple fish sounds boring and the random fish sound annoying though

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

random fish is basically another kebab, which i don't care for now

i wish they could just mix three of the categories together and pitch out all of the useless fish in those categories from their idea pool

like, from what we got with the combination potions, half of those are dumb and nobody ever uses them

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

random fish is basically another kebab, which i don't care for now

i wish they could just mix three of the categories together and pitch out all of the useless fish in those categories from their idea pool

like, from what we got with the combination potions, half of those are dumb and nobody ever uses them

My exact feelings on the random fish. I like the risky fish the most... Should call it Puffer fish.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

To me I'm not overly bothered.

The monopoly fish having on healing is kinda game-breaking (or at least cooking breaking) anyway.

Really if they wanted to fix cooking and make it work as a bigger part of gameplay they need to squish the usefulness of fish because the mechanic or design to make cooking of most use needs to be that more complex dishes are better.

In terms of rewarding effort and such its just good game design that the top foods ought to be the pizzas and stews and what have you that use fish, and other stuff, as ingredients. Where as fish should be s quick, easy cooking thing that offers sub-par healing. Especially as it'd help to revitalise some of farming as well by creating demand for other produce to create the best foods.

That being said I think passive fish wins it for me. Random, Risky and Simple are all kinda boring. Combo to me just feels a bit awkward and nonsensical, why would food act different when eaten in different circumstances? Which leaves passive.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah actual cooking needs some niche foods and something like herblore in a sense of worth. I mean they should create something like buff foods with tiers. You should be able to make stuff like manna cakes where you make certain cakes with adrenaline potions or something. They could last a minute each and heal decently. Higher tiered food could be like flax seed manna cake, white berry manna cake, etc. Make cooking with tertiary ingredients

• Like 3

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Cooking needs stuff like tuna potatoes, but then with less steps and more profit from making it. I still make tuna potatoes because I find them fun to make (also gives farming more meaning) and because they heal a lot.

Retired item crew

The best food should be like overloads; untradable, requires a high level, and heals more.

A simple approach is for you to gain the ability to cook fish 'to taste', making them untradable, but healing more, after you've cooked and eaten a number of the fish

Though I am for more a complex cooking method, akin to cakes or pies

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

they tried with barbarian potions, but they keep getting all "well, if we make these TOO good we could destroy the game ohhhhh nooooo" so because they're afraid of having to take back a bad decision (or maybe afraid that they're not going to do it fast enough??? lots of issues juggling here), we won't really get that many food/pot combination effects

even these fish are just level 80

i mostly dislike food prep with items that can accidentally be consumed and prep in general that requires like triple inventory slots for making one item, when the process could easily be replicated by just requiring different prep stations, such as a kitchen in a house or something

8f14270694.jpg

The monopoly fish having on healing is kinda game-breaking (or at least cooking breaking) anyway.

Really if they wanted to fix cooking and make it work as a bigger part of gameplay they need to squish the usefulness of fish because the mechanic or design to make cooking of most use needs to be that more complex dishes are better.

In terms of rewarding effort and such its just good game design that the top foods ought to be the pizzas and stews and what have you that use fish, and other stuff, as ingredients. Where as fish should be s quick, easy cooking thing that offers sub-par healing. Especially as it'd help to revitalise some of farming as well by creating demand for other produce to create the best foods.

I'd argue that it would make more sense to keep fishing as the best for straight healing and just slap extra effects on to more complicated recipes, if only because it makes perfect sense for basic healing to be pretty accessible (never mind that you'd risk pushing fishing into FM-tier). Fish are pretty good in the boring-but-practical role, it's just that cooking is outdated everywhere else and doesn't have anything else going for it.

I mean, it's currently a more complicated Herblore with a lot more steps and a pretty unpleasant fail chance even at high levels, maybe turning it into the noncombat equivalent of herblore would be the way to go, since there are already more than a few common foods in that niche.

I'd argue that it would make more sense to keep fishing as the best for straight healing and just slap extra effects on to more complicated recipes, if only because it makes perfect sense for basic healing to be pretty accessible (never mind that you'd risk pushing fishing into FM-tier). Fish are pretty good in the boring-but-practical role, it's just that cooking is outdated everywhere else and doesn't have anything else going for it.

I mean, it's currently a more complicated Herblore with a lot more steps and a pretty unpleasant fail chance even at high levels, maybe turning it into the noncombat equivalent of herblore would be the way to go, since there are already more than a few common foods in that niche.

Just because more complex dishes would offer the best tier wouldn't mean basic healing would not be accessible - it just would perhaps not reach quite so far up to the upper tiers.

Plus the notion that making complex recipes more valuable would negatively effect fishing is only true if you assume that only existing cooking foods were exist. For a revamp to work you'd have to look at fishing and the food product elements of farming alongside cooking to ensure you had recipes that utilised the gathering skills outputs properly.

For example a very basic food stuff could be an omelette.

You could then have x-fish omelettes for most fish which heal a little more than just the fish.

You could then have omelette variants using a few vegetables - ie tomatoes, onions, peppers where each vegetable offers a different effect or boost to the dish.

Then the top end omelette would be like rocktail omelette with tomatoes onions and peppers

Sitting a bit below that you'd have rocktail omelette with 2/3 of the veges

Then with 1 of the vegs

Then with just the fish

Then the plain fish without being a omelette

Heck even if you were limited to 1 veg variant to keep items numbers down you could still have options of which vegetable's effect to augment it with.

Could apply the same principle to many food stuffs and even divide the food in tiers. Like maybe stews would be for the low end fish, then the mid-range might have omelettes whilst the top end moves into pies or salads where pies would be the real mass healing items with the odd bonus effect designed for bossing stuff whilst salads would be lower healing with more bonuses suited to slayer and such.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue