Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

But this time, everything smaller than large will be closed. :D So I have hope! I hope Armadyn and his fellow Aviansie team really promote their suggestion across the game and media to give it the chance it deserves. ^^

Oh, you don't have to worry. Armadyn and I are doing our very best. RoP got a great chance of passing this month. All we need is some luck with the votes in the final poll.

All support for the suggestion, with ID=2, is of course welcome. Remember that the suggestion is posted by me ('SwreeTak') and not by Armadyn, as we are sharing the idea and Armadyn got the forum thread up :)

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

RoP is XL-XXL though, good luck getting that through this month.

Mod Raven said that he could do it just fine with a Large. So, would love to see it. 

Also gonna plug my Faction Related Item Sink Idea which I'm hoping can make it to poll.  Its in my signature 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

RoP is XL-XXL though, good luck getting that through this month.

It might very well be made as an XL or an XXL project, but JMods have confirmed that RoP can indeed be made as a Large project.

https://twitter.com/JagexRaven/status/560792517814145025

Mod Raven stated: "I think we can deliver it beautifully as a large update."

This plus the fact that Mod Kelpie has removed the comment on the suggestion itself, stating that the idea was too big for January's and February's competitions, should point very clearly to that RoP will be acceptable for March. 

(The idea: https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/view-idea?idea=2 )

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Me thinks the mods themselves really want the quest to happen. :P

Can't blame Raven, he came up with a really cool quest idea, it got all hyped out to the players, then they cut it for budget. I'm sure he wants the chance to follow through.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Two ironman polls coming up soon:

Guthixian Butterflies for Ironman?

Ruby

Guthixian butterflies are due to return to Gielinor soon, granting experience in the lowest skill of the catcher up to 20 times in a day. Should Ironman characters benefit from this experience?

Highest Total Wins

Only Ironman accounts can vote

Yes, grant experience
Ironman players will be able to gain the full amount of experience from catching Guthixian butterflies.

No, do not grant experience
Ironman players will gain no experience from catching Guthixian butterflies. They may still unlock the lore.

I don't mind
Choose this option if you do not mind which option wins.

Group Bossing for Ironman?

Diamond

Fighting bosses across Gielinor are a core part of the end-game of RuneScape. What solution, if any, would you like as a strategy to deal with bosses in Ironman mode? Boss practice mode will follow the same ruleset.

Highest Total Wins

Only Ironman accounts can vote

Unlimited Ironman-only groups
Ironman players can form groups of any size to take down the bosses RuneScape has to offer.

Limited Ironman-only groups
Ironman players can only attempt bosses with other Ironman players, with a cap set on how many players may enter.

Limited all-player groups
Ironman players and regular players may fight bosses together, but with a maximum number of people allowed in.

No grouping
Ironman players should not be able to attempt bossing in any group.

I don't mind
You do not mind which option gets chosen.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So when will we get a poll that's actually important, or just even a piece content?

I think the power of the polling system has been watered down. The potential for voting on shinier foreseeable content has been snuffed out because many players found themselves believing that Jagex only polls potential content they themselves are interested in personally investing in. So now they changed things up and let players make their own ideas for content direction with the one stipulation that jagex controls the direction and design. Regardless jagex obviously still holds firm on some of their allotted development time because we see them producing content outside whats given to them through runelabs. Runelabs is just one huge think tank to help imagine content for a gracefully aging and overstuffed MMO.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

imo bossing should be allowed for ironman (it is content that is not meant for soloing), but it is kind of strange to only let other ironman team up with eachother. There are not that much ironman (and I assume that will decline as well), so I really hope people will not mass vote on "ironman only". But luck is in my favor, as jagex probably will count the first and second option as different (and don't add the values together), which means the "only ironman" voters will be split...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

To me ironmen and group bossing should be other ironmen only limited.

The whole point of ironmen is go it alone self earned blah blah.

If a team of ironmen therefore beats a boss they did achieve it all by stuff they each self earned.

If they group up with non-ironmen they would end up surviving and getting drops on the basis of players who bought all their stuff and thus the ironmans success at the boss is kinda tainted by non-ironman input.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They could easily add an ironman filter to the grouping system.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

23663a2ca8.jpg

question: how many people are missing from this poll because they aren't the kind of person that visits the rs front page

Well, at the same time, news posts show up in Lobby.

People wouldn't be voting on the poll if they only read news from the lobby though.

I feel like a good chunk would at least visit the website once during the week even if not to click every newspost. I guess some might just load up the play page or client and never stop by though :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I can't help but notice that they didn't list fansites as an option!

I pass by the front page a few times each week, and I see the newsposts listed in the Lobby, but I generally read the content when it gets posted here, because I wanna talk about it too. Also nice to have the patchnotes easily accessible instead of being linked to the start of the stupid patchnotes thread. (Is it really that hard for them to link to the actual post?)

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Actually they do link the patch notes in a brand new thread where the OP is that week's patch notes (see here for yourself). They didn't always do that, but I think they changed it fairly recently. Maybe after some time they default to linking to the huge conglomerate archive thread though?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

But I liked being able to ridicule/dissect the polls before voting even started! :(

Yeah I noticed :P.

I really wonder if the communities dissection of the polls post-release had anything to do about it. I think we should close this topic and relegate all discussion of polls to the future updates discussion topic.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They probably realised theres less time for people to point out the glaring flaws in the poll if they don't post it before hand and the critique that does come will be drowned in the live poll vote discussions making it a loverly 'look people like it - power to the players win' instead of 'erm yeah those guys are right we did leave off really obvious options/made dumb wording, but er look theres a shiny thing over there oh now its live its all fine =D' 

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg